2021 signing rumours

Thank gosh we are finally rid of Sione and the last of the Tinkler era!

Kid who's an incredible human being and gave a 1000%, but for one reason or another never kicked on, he'll probably ace it in the ESL.

Surely with his $400k we can bring in another first grader

Shame if this is true re Sione. Genuine good guy and really solid off the bench when healthy. That said, he’s not needed given the backrowers we have, which now includes Frizzell, and if it means we can now nab Clifford then I’m happy with that.

I think changing body shape to become a backrower cost him power. He was never express pace, but he was a powerful natural footballer. I think the two things that made him a bit special were taken away from him. Ironically, with his old body shape and natural ability, he'd probably make a good 13 under the current rules now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Barry Toohey posted on Twitter today that Sione has been offered a longer term contract with St Helens and he’ll be surprised if he does not take it. Sione leaving would free up a fair bit of cap space.

Barry also said the interest in Jake Clifford appears to be genuine. Hopefully we sign Jake and he is the additional player we need to become a genuine premiership contender.

Was trying to find an article about Clifford and Ponga playing together and all I found was Taumolo, Moga, Clifford and Ponga were once fined for egging cars. Clifford and Ponga were described as under 20s players, so I suppose they at least trained together.
Tuala played under 20s with Clifford and Shibasaki was in a Qld under 20s squad with him.

I think changing body shape to become a backrower cost him power. He was never express pace, but he was a powerful natural footballer. I think the two things that made him a bit special were taken away from him. Ironically, with his old body shape and natural ability, he'd probably make a good 13 under the current rules now.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I've said it for years that Sione had everything except for speed, agility, a passing game, and most importantly size which nearly got him killed.

Think @Billy said it a few years back that poor ole Sione neither realised it nor could have it coached out of him that he couldn't trample people that were twice his size in first grade.

I've said it for years that Sione had everything except for speed, agility, a passing game, and most importantly size which nearly got him killed.

Think @Billy said it a few years back that poor ole Sione neither realised it nor could have it coached out of him that he couldn't trample people that were twice his size in first grade.
I just think he should have stuck to the wing, could have been a great winger in the mansour mold imo. As soon as he got pushed further in field and put on heaps of size he lost it. I think he'll do well in the super league though and I hope he does. In the bad years he was a shinning light for the town and ill always like him for that

I just think he should have stuck to the wing, could have been a great winger in the mansour mold imo. As soon as he got pushed further in field and put on heaps of size he lost it. I think he'll do well in the super league though and I hope he does. In the bad years he was a shinning light for the town and ill always like him for that
On Mansour, read tonight the Panther's have told him he's not wanted...

Another tick for the new coach, only took him one season to realise Sione not required.

Having a proper hooker and 5/8 get's me a bit excited for 2021, need a few forwards to round out the squad now.

Reactions: R_A

Oh and for a winger he couldn't jump!

It's a bit hard to see myself too, but it seems bizarre that they would be confident going in to a full season with Lam, a 22 year old with 11 games & the young Walker guy who hasn't even debuted. That doesn't seem like a move to get the Roosters back into premiership contenders, especially when they just got rid of Flanagan.
Yep, they want another title asap and Pearce is their best option. No brainer really, they’d be silly not to look into it.

Back