2021 signing rumours

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Defender1, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Ethan

Ethan Matthew Johns

It says he is a half and 5/8 is he any better at one than the other , would he benefit with more room at 5/8 . Maybe Clifford to half and Pearce to 5/8 would be the go if we get him of course.

2. Ethan

Ethan Matthew Johns

Mann to 14 covering 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, Watson 15 covering 13 and 9 if 11 or 12 need replacing 13 goes there and Watson to 13 16 and 17 x2 props .
    No chance would i play Mann at centre when we have Best , Tuala , Shiba , Hunt , Young even Simi all centre's .

3. Owey

Owey Peter Graham

I'm guessing Clifford has played a fair bit of footy with Ponga

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

4. cowboyman

cowboyman Paul the Chief Harragon

Hospitality
    Definitely a half. A very good organising and game controlling one at that in the juniors. Had his footy coached out of him by Green and lost a lot of confidence because of him. Give him a clean slate and tell him to play his game and on natural instincts and watch him go.

Dominated juniors and then first year in Q-Cup and then Green got his hands on him.

Still_Nutty and Ethan like this.
  5. Wally

Wally Glen Frendo

There is smart money on Mann moving to 13 with Frizell and Barnett as edge back rowers. Fitzgibbon to the bench. Watson in the 14 jumper.

6. Ethan

Ethan Matthew Johns

Im not so sure that replacing Fitzy in the forwards with Mann is smart money at all .

7. Wally

Wally Glen Frendo

The smart money is a reference to a conversation with someone whos still has connections to the club. It appears that they are maybe considering a Cameron Murray style player with more mobility, greater leg speed and a high work rate. Watson could then come on to replace him with more of the sane, increasing the tempo in the middle of the ruck.

slotmachine likes this.
  8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That sounds like a good way to adapt to the new rule changes. Most sides are probably looking at smaller, harder working locks for next season. Chris Randall, with his fitness, high workrate, great defence and good running game would also be a good option if we don't need him at hooker.
    The perfect player would be a Ben Kennedy type, with the high workrate, but also with the size and strength to defend strongly - but we probably won't find a Ben Kennedy type soon.

Cliffy and Lefty like this.
  9. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That would explain Sione to St Helens talk, he's not in the best 17 if Mann is starting at lock.

10. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    The thought of Mann in the centre’s might not be too bad really. He is very strong and we have seen him will his way to the line multiple times. The only issue I have is I think he will naturally run his winger out of room with his running style. I’d just about have him at lock I think.

11. Wally

Wally Glen Frendo

There are two things to consider here:

- AOB is a big believer in Mann and his contribution to the team
    - is desperate to get Watson back into the 14 jumper to up the tempo in the middle of the ruck

I believe that Fitzgibbon has not evolved his game over the past 2 seasons and has become a one trick pony.

member 2299 and slotmachine like this.
  12. Billy

Fitz has improved his defence out of sight over the last 2 years. He needed to. His attack has gone backwards if anything.

13. Owey

Owey Peter Graham

His workrate is up overall. Ponga has gone away from working on the left meaning Fitz isn't his go to player anymore.

14. Wally

Wally Glen Frendo

Billy, I was referring to his attack. There is no variation in his attack, just trying to hit a hole down the left side off either a Pearce or Ponga flat ball. The opposition defenses are reading this easily. The top sides have edge backrowers with good footwork at the line and can ball play.

Excluding the Safiti’s we lack forwards with good leg speed, which Frizell will bring. We need more creativity with the balk from our backrowers. Look at Penrith and the footwork and ball playing of Yeo and Kikau.

15. Owey

Owey Peter Graham

Using Mann and Watson as middle forwards gives both of them a pretty important role for next year and instantly makes our front row depth look better as we aren't using six props a game with some playing 13, back to four.

16. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Timana Tahu

Is Sione going/gone or is it still a rumour

17. krustykraz

krustykraz Darren Albert

2021 team could be pretty good with a 5/8 and a couple of extra forwards.
    1.Ponga
    2.Lee
    3.Tuala
    4.Best
    5.Hunt
    6.Green/Clifford/Crossland
    7.Pearce
    8.Klem
    9.Brailey
    10.D.Saf
    11.Frizzel
    12.Barnett
    13.Mann

14.Watson
    15.J.saf
    16.Fitz
    17.Saulo/Sione/King

Would be nice depth of we can keep Sione, re-sign King/Jones and buy one experienced type prop.

ApperceptionJosh likes this.
  18. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Would definitely take Clifford. Cowboys would be crazy to let him go considering how injury prone Morgan is. One more serious injury and it might be the end of him.

19. Billy

O'Brien tried a lot of guys at lock in 2020 - Barnett, Mann, Watson, Eseese, Sione, Jones, Guerra, Jake Saifiti.
    He was clearly looking at the rule changes and what team changes would help us exploit them.

If Jones could improve his fitness he could be a good option. Pretty mobile forward with some playmaking skills - he just doesn't have the high workrate we would want.

A left field option no one will agree with -Bradman Best would be a hell of a weapon at lock.

20. ApperceptionJosh

ApperceptionJosh Nathan Ross

Wine Advisor
    Hope the clifford rumour is true, he has every skill a half needs including power and size. Under a coach like aob I think he could kill it. Its a matter of time before he breaks out imo and he will be in the qld conversation next year or the year after. And Mann at lock strikes me as a fantastic idea. Not enough ball playing for 5/8 but more than most 13's. I think next year is shaping up to be a very exciting year!