2021 signing rumours

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Defender1, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ryan tried to do interesting stuff, but I didn't see much new information coming out.
    I often thought I was reading stuff on the official website after I had seen it on here.

2. Billy

When Naden was here his best position was easily fullback. He is a tall winger who is good under a high ball. O'Brien seems to like that.
    I suspect he'll go back to Canberra where he spent a year before coming to us. Canberra fans seem very unhappy with old backs like Rapana and Croker, and not happy about losing Cotric. I think we have zero vacancies in the backs and Canberra have 2 or 3.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  3. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    James Hooper asked by some nuff if rumours of Wighton to the Knights are true, funniest one I've heard in a while. - Sounds like something I'd pull out on April fools lol.

4. Billy

I didn't believe we'd sign Pearce or Klemmer when I first heard about it, so it's not impossible, but I'm not buying my Wighton Knights jersey just yet.

5. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

There was rumours a couple years ago that we were gonna get him when it looked like Canberra would sack him for some issues. Back then he plying his trade as a fullback & we were thinking he could be a better centre. Would have been a nice pickup. He always had the physicality, but only since moving to 6 has he fulfilled his potential.

6. Billy

He would be the perfect 6 for us.
    He basically plays just like Mann at 5/8, only much, much better.
    He would just slot straight in.

7. ApperceptionJosh

ApperceptionJosh Nathan Ross

Wine Advisor
    Omg dont give us hope, canberra would be insane to let him go. Could you imagine if we got him when he get in all that drama?

1. Ponga
    6. Wighton
    7. Pearce
    9. Brailey

Would have to be top three spines in the comp! Will never happen tho

8. krustykraz

krustykraz Darren Albert

9. Lord of the Skraelings

For sure when fit but bugger has arms with the strength of rice crackers.

10. R_A

R_A Ben Kennedy

All I’ve heard has been ‘your media dude needs a kick in the backside for some of the pathetic efforts at re-signing news amongst other things’ not surprising in the least west’s are restricting with someone more qualified for a broader role

11. R_A

R_A Ben Kennedy

Lol probably leaked it out himself at being butt hurt for being made redundant hence why he was rightfully so given the flick.
    Probably a good idea to have no former Fox employees working anyway when you look at how the broncos have been run and leaked out

12. Lord of the Skraelings

I have to say I think most of the social media shares have been over produced and really cringeworthy.

Just give the facts and few interviews with the players, we shouldn't need someone highly paid in that job for mine.

13. The Seagull

The Seagull David Boyd

Interesting article about ex Wallaby Ben Darwin views on player development and recruitment, highlight is that cohesion makes a 40% performance differential- ie the level of familiarity between the players and how long all the various ingredients have been collectively simmering. So you want players to spend more time playing next to each other- panthers have a lot of combinations that have played heaps of games together in the panthers juniors. Interesting point about recruitment of skills compared with familiarity between players. - "The more stable you are the greater level of understanding you have. You can buy skill but skill doesn’t manifest itself in chaos". Check the article out at:
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/b...of-sport-evolution-familiarity-breeds-success

Owey likes this.
  14. Owey

Owey Peter Graham

So that's what Darwinism means...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

15. krustykraz

krustykraz Darren Albert

So constantly changing your 5/8 isn't a good idea?
    Who would have thought?

Lefty likes this.
  16. Owey

Owey Peter Graham

That was an awesome read, highly recommended, thanks for sharing.

17. Billy

Forming a team is a lot more complicated than just keeping guys together over a long time - but I've always said that constant chopping and changing is very bad.
    The way Brown would seemingly change his mind about how the team should be put together nearly every week was never going to work. Poor old Sione was literally trying to be a 5/8 one week and a prop the next, but halfway through the game he was off to the centres.
    The good coaches "pick and stick". They decide on their best side very early, in the pre season if they can, and try to keep that side together all season.
    Rick Stone got a lot of grief for his "cut and paste" sides, but Rick over performed for the talent he had by sticking with the best side he had and letting them develop over the season. His sides always finished the season a lot stronger than they started.
    O'Brien seems to know this and tried to stick with the same side as much as he could, but injuries and covid made that near impossible.
    In short, there are plenty of examples of teams that have come together over 1 or 2 years, but the more time guys get to spend working on their combinations together, the better they'll be as a team.

18. Lord of the Skraelings

Not as if we had a choice with 6 trillion injuries to their and hooker.

19. Owey

Owey Peter Graham

I think you missed one, maybe Connor Watson?

20. Lord of the Skraelings