2021 signing rumours

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets medically retired.
He has dodgy knees and major head knock issues.
I definitely wouldn't sign him.

Haha I started something here. Yeah I'm afraid Boyd is looking just about at his used by date. He doesn't have the same edge as he used too and becoming more likely to sit on the sidelines.

Off the subject of Keary/Cordner

I wouldn't mind seeing Takairangi come to the club for cheap, plenty of experience, a big mobile guy who is versatile and has X-factor. Could be good for us on the bench with the loss of Herman, Guerra, Glasby etc.

I wouldn't mind seeing Takairangi come to the club for cheap, plenty of experience, a big mobile guy who is versatile and has X-factor. Could be good for us on the bench with the loss of Herman, Guerra, Glasby etc.
I feel like versatility is the least of our worries at the moment with players like Mann, Watson and Hoy on the books. We need to be looking at players that can solidify themselves in the positions that they’re used to and that we need eg. 5/8, prop/second row. Someone like a Burton or a Hetherington would be ideal.

5/8 has to be our focus. Have a cursory glance at the sides that are left:

Jarome Luai
Cameron Munster
Jack Wighton
Cody Walker

The two eliminated sides still (only) had Luke Keary and Dylan Brown.

I know it's not our only issue, and the injury to Brailey (and subsequently others) certainly didn't help, but a quality 5/8 is a must. Whether one's available or not is another story.

No way hands like feet, great for two dropped balls a match.

Wasn't there a rumour a few months back saying that Widdop wanted to come back to Aus? If so why don't we have a crack at getting him.

5/8 has to be our focus. Have a cursory glance at the sides that are left:

Jarome Luai
Cameron Munster
Jack Wighton
Cody Walker

The two eliminated sides still (only) had Luke Keary and Dylan Brown.

I know it's not our only issue, and the injury to Brailey (and subsequently others) certainly didn't help, but a quality 5/8 is a must. Whether one's available or not is another story.
This is exactly how I feel, you can't get away with a stop gap 5/8. Even when cowboys won in 2015 the would always fall short using your ray Thompsons and Robert lui until they got morgan. In this day and age with all the media and scrutiny and pressure you need to share the load. I honestly think it is our missing piece. I for one would actually really want to consider Jackson Hastings. Killing it in the UK, experience with pearce, and looks to have matured heaps. Don't think there is much available atm in the nrl if we are looking to next season

Last edited:
How much do we want to outlay surely Ponga goes there eventually again with his playmaking skills, its a natural evolution either next year or the year after for mine.

Been saying we need a 5/8 all year, and last year.

Ponga is the obvious choice but club said they are recruiting and looking at a 5/8 so clearly they arent thinking Ponga.

Whoever they get I hope they can bring the game to help Pearce or next season could be another long year.

I'd go as far as saying we should be looking for a senior halves partner and Pearce should take a back seat if we are going to have a crack at a title next year.

Don’t think I cried a river with Ponga himself. Me like most Cowboys fans have had issues with his old man and the way he went about trying to get his son down to Newcastle a year early because of the extra several hundred thousand dollars available. This has been verified by the Cowboys poster who has consistently been right about all things Cowboys before it even hits the media.
But keep trying to re-write history.

I mean I’m not the only person on here who thinks Cordner is overrated let alone the rest of the rugby league world. Quality little rant though. Up there with his attempted tackle on the weekend.

Don’t even go for QLD so well done there and I don’t even live in North Queensland so I’m sorry I won’t be able to see you face to face there tough guy.
Well mate tell me where you are and we can stop all this keyboard warrior crap and fix the problem between us like men .
Oh and by the way show me where the rest of the rugby league world thinks Cordiner is over rated or consistantly out of form ..
Ive heard a lot of rugby league pundits praising him for the way he plays Johns and Fittler are two of those , but of course a piece of work like you knows better .

Back