2020 Top 30 Squad

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

I agree... Best, Crossland and Toa have already been promoted and we still have 3 spaces to fill (according to Toohey anyway)... if Levi, Garvey, and now Lino move on Obi will have 6 spots to work with.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Hoy only getting a development contract is harsh when he was player of the year in reserve grade.
    He is only a year older than Crossland and looks at least a year more ready to play firstgrade - but I suppose we are short in the halves and have a heap of fullback options.

Defender1 likes this.
  3. Ethan

Ethan Ben Kennedy

The New coach is supposed to be able to get the best out of players , then it will be interesting to see what he can do with the older guys like Klem and Moga and Glasby as well as the Twins . I wouldn't count Moga out especially if he stays uninjured.
    The Twins could go to a whole new level next season (I hope Jacob stays uninjured for the next 12 months , if he does that could be something to watch ).

4. knights80

knights80 Dan Tolar

arborist

That can all change though I’m pretty sure as IM not sure if we had even announced Hymel before our first list and I remeber last year the roosters had Latrells younger brother in their original 30 man squad then by the time the top 20odd needed to be available near seasons start he was nowhere in there and didn’t even end up on development

A lot will rely on injuries and how people train in pre season too and maybe player movement before per season even

ALX25 likes this.
  5. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

Lino will probably get released to the esl before the trade deadlines in several months and then the Moley will do his usual ****** stuff and say how he’s the first one to call it lmao. Just like with everything else he does when he’s throwing darts

6. Billy

So the changes we know of from last year's top 30+6 are;

Definitely left
    Braydon Musgrove (development player)
    Nathan Ross
    Jesse Ramien
    SKD
    Griffin
    Woolford
    Buhrer

Probable loses
    Gavet
    Levi
    Lino

Unclear
    Jones
    Eseese
    Randall (development player)
    Momoisea (development player)
    Fermor (development player)

Added players
    Jayden Brailey
    Matt Croker (development player)
    Luke Huth (development player)

Moved from development to top 30
    Crossland
    Toa
    Best
    and possibly Randall and Sasagi as well, but no one has said that.

So we have lost 10 and maybe 12 from the top 30, and have so far added 1 from outside and promoted 3 or possibly 5 to the top 30 and 2 to the development spots.

7. Wobbles

Wobbles Keith Beauchamp

It'd be interesting to see what happens to big Nelson from the Storm after his brawl in Bali.

If the Storm find he's done his dash and cut him, I'd be keen to see him here next year

8. Billy

He looks like the type of player who is rep standard at the storm and would be a reserve grader anywhere else.

9. R_A

R_A Mark Hughes

A couple of years ago Munster screwed up in England while on tour and got sent home and his incident was worse (depending on what the full story is here) so I think Nelson will be fine. Fortunately that incident was mostly kept and dealt with in house.