2020 Top 30 Squad

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

So I'm pretty happy with our squad.
    In a perfect world i'd get rid of Lino, Moga and Gavet and sign a good half, a back and a forward, but we go into next year with plenty of talent on the books.

2. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Dean Carney

Project Manager

Owey, the coach should start with a clean slate, but as I have said wholesale changes aren't the answers just yet, this team as it stands has a solid base.

For my money SKD and Hunt have done nothing wrong to affect their retention/ extension into next year.
    Levi could possibly stay, all be it likely that he will be second string to Breiley, although competition is healthy as long as the styles are similar.
    Esse has had a rough deal with fathers death, young heaps of ability just needs refocusing and tweaking.
    Gavet, not sold on, Big but not a threat on the field.
    Guerra has another year, his defense has been really missed and gives his all every game, just been poorly used after returning from injury.

3. Billy

Slade Griffin might be an interesting one.
    Presumably the new coach spent many years working with Slade at Melbourne, and clearly we need a hooker for backup at least, but will Slade ever get back to full fitness?
    First really hard decision for the new coach.

Lefty likes this.
  4. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Be nice if Slade hangs around the local comp and knocks about there, but he'd be a massive cost to ensure right?

5. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

With Brailey , Watson and Randall do we need Griffin.

6. Lord of the Skraelings

If Randall isn't contracted next year expect him among the nuffs to go, whats he 24 and hasn't debuted?

7. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Griffin won't be getting a new deal.

8. Lord of the Skraelings

Api K, going to Panthers now, hopefully the Dogs decide to for qty over quality and take both Levi and Ese, Warriors in picture for Levi as well.

9. Billy

He's also not done an NRL pre season or trained fulltime till 5 or 6 weeks ago.
    He is outplaying a lot of guys in reserve grade who have trained as professionals for years.
    We should at least give him a full pre season next year to see if he has some more in him.

Wobbles likes this.
  10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Mark Hughes

We have Brailey but will loose Woolford, Griff and possibly Levi so he becomes more important as a backup and has played 6, 7 as well as 9. He is versatile and always plays well. If something happens to Brailey or Watson we will need him at little cost compared to others.

Battler, Lefty and Joshhh like this.
  11. Lord of the Skraelings

Still have Mann on the books as well.

12. Owey

Owey Brett Grogan

Hahahahahahaha...you were joking, right?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

13. Lord of the Skraelings

Your right is a joke, but he is our #1 utility sad as it is.

14. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

Im hoping that the new coach wants to keep Ese,ese I know he didn't have a great year but he went through a lot and I think he could be a great forward . After watching Fifita in the back row I would give Ese,ese a run at 12 to see how he goes there too just like id do with Jacob .

15. Wobbles

Wobbles Evan Cochrane

Absolutely, the thing Herman seems to be missing this season is consistency. You'd think that should back through hard work on the training paddock and a solid chunk of uninterrupted game time.

On the flip side, despite David Fifita being keen to stay at the Donkeys long-term if there's room in the cap there has to be a slim chance we'd go hard for him in 2021.

16. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

Perhaps not if Brailey starts at 9 and Lino 6 pearce at 7 and Ponga 1 then Watson will be 14 imo .

17. Ethan

Ethan Tony Butterfield

I don't know about going after Fifita but Ese,ese could do the same job as him I think .

18. Lord of the Skraelings

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the same as saying a Commodore does the same job as a porsche, technically ur right but...............

19. Lord of the Skraelings

Your right, my bad would be really suprised if that's how it didn't pan out.

Ethan likes this.
  20. Wobbles

Wobbles Evan Cochrane

The on-road and servicing costs to get in a Fifita are pretty inflated. Sometimes a Herman is good enough if you're just towing the camper.

Lord of the Skraelings and Ethan like this.