2020 Pre Season and Trial Games

I usually don't have the time for Billy but after his rant the other day interesting to see him taking shots at others as per usual.

Total hypocrite and glassjaw, if you can't handle people disagreeing with you might want to get off the internet.

I usually don't have the time for Billy but after his rant the other day interesting to see him taking shots at others as per usual.

Total hypocrite and glassjaw, if you can't handle people disagreeing with you might want to get off the internet.
If I wasn't here you might have to try to have an original thought of your own and not just take cheap shots at others, and I'm not sure you are up for that.

giphy.gif

Haven't been on much lately due to work and some health issues but I just want to say a few things

- This is a public forum, Debate and disagreement is a part of that. If you can't handle your opinions being challenged then this is not the place for you
- Debate and disagreement is fine insults are not, You can get your point across without carrying on like a pork chop
- What I won't tolerate is people having a go and blaming the staff for arguments, You are all adults and you are responsible for the way you conduct yourselves
- You guys are better than this and I shouldn't have to say this stuff to any of you

Chill out, Relax and keep talking footy but without the crap

Thanks everyone

I think we are all a bit tired after what was supposed to be our resurrection year! It's hard work being a Knights supporter, but we need to remember we all have one thing in common! I really hope our blokes are watching the Roosters, because in all reality we are miles away! Hopefully O'Brien can work his magic and Furner can instill some resilience, personally I am sick of dreaming about next year, but there's still next year!

I really hope our blokes are watching the Roosters, because in all reality we are miles away! Hopefully O'Brien can work his magic and Furner can instill some resilience, personally I am sick of dreaming about next year, but there's still next year!
Watching the Roosters put on a master class in attack made me think O'Brien will be looking at our squad for guys with ball skills to base our new style around.
Pearce and Ponga are the obvious two - but he'll be looking at Klemmer to do a lot more of the stuff he was doing the last few games, and Glasby to go back to what he was doing early in the season.
Young blokes who have some skill like Crossland, Hoy, Fermor, Jones, Croker, Randall might catch the eye of a coach who seems to want a lot of game awareness and skills across the park instead of our 1 genuine playmaker and a couple of others who do a bit.
If Levi stays, I could see O'Brien taking the shackles off him and trying to let him be creative as part of the team structure. Same with Watson.
Ponga should be the big winner. O'Brien should be finding new and exciting ways to get Ponga into the attack every week.

Watching the Roosters put on a master class in attack made me think O'Brien will be looking at our squad for guys with ball skills to base our new style around.
Pearce and Ponga are the obvious two - but he'll be looking at Klemmer to do a lot more of the stuff he was doing the last few games, and Glasby to go back to what he was doing early in the season.
Young blokes who have some skill like Crossland, Hoy, Fermor, Jones, Croker, Randall might catch the eye of a coach who seems to want a lot of game awareness and skills across the park instead of our 1 genuine playmaker and a couple of others who do a bit.
If Levi stays, I could see O'Brien taking the shackles off him and trying to let him be creative as part of the team structure. Same with Watson.
Ponga should be the big winner. O'Brien should be finding new and exciting ways to get Ponga into the attack every week.
Also should have a fair bit of input into the defensive side aswell. Seems a fairly well rounded guy who has a lot of time for his players and coaching staff. It's up to the players now to respond and actually live up to their playing potential and roster.

Attitude was the difference between finishing 11th instead of 4th this year, they showed they have the attack and defence to match just about anyone but they dont seem to realize it takes almost 30 weeks of commitment and not just a couple of weeks here and there when you could be bothered.

Attitude was the difference between finishing 11th instead of 4th this year, they showed they have the attack and defence to match just about anyone but they dont seem to realize it takes almost 30 weeks of commitment and not just a couple of weeks here and there when you could be bothered.

This was what I picked up on the most throughout the year. Attitude and commitment. The team this season couldn't bring themselves to be up for a game of Rugby League simply because another team is opposing you and they want to beat you.

Regardless of what time of the year it is, first game, last game, Origin period, it doesn't matter. Every round of the competition you have a team that is set out to defeat you. Our team didn't look like they were up for that challenge and that is what ruined our season. Not Pearce collapsing in form after Origin, not Ponga's quiet performances or whatever other excuses get put up.

There is a reason why we disappoint so often, against good quality opposition who belt us, or against teams we should beat who also belt us. They are up for the challenge and we aren't.

The Knights, have forgotten the face of their fathers to take a term from my favourite book series. The Knights of the past who built this club on uncompromising tough football. Of gritting out a game and giving your all for your club, your team mates and your fans.

Yeah exactly dude, well said, especially that last part.

It's also ironic that what should've been the toughest part of the Knights season was when they played their best football, yet what should've been a cakewalk into the finals is when they through in the towel and stopped trying, if they dont have a raging passion to play finals football then they need to find new jobs.

The Knights, have forgotten the face of their fathers to take a term from my favourite book series. The Knights of the past who built this club on uncompromising tough football. Of gritting out a game and giving your all for your club, your team mates and your fans.

Out of interest, what book series are you referring to?

What really ****'s me is this talk about the guys need the right attitude and motivation xxxx me a player on $400,000 a year is making nearly $15500 per game if that isn't all the attitude adjustment and motivation they need then imo all contracts should be performance based and then watch them go .

This was what I picked up on the most throughout the year. Attitude and commitment. The team this season couldn't bring themselves to be up for a game of Rugby League simply because another team is opposing you and they want to beat you.

Regardless of what time of the year it is, first game, last game, Origin period, it doesn't matter. Every round of the competition you have a team that is set out to defeat you. Our team didn't look like they were up for that challenge and that is what ruined our season. Not Pearce collapsing in form after Origin, not Ponga's quiet performances or whatever other excuses get put up.

There is a reason why we disappoint so often, against good quality opposition who belt us, or against teams we should beat who also belt us. They are up for the challenge and we aren't.

It's easy to quote the obvious... Hopefully we're getting a coach who knows how to change it. That's the challenge!!!

There's no right and wrong way to motivate players because everyone responds to something different, but Brown was clearly someone who demanded players motivate themselves and dropped them if they didn't, and once he dropped you, it was a long way back into his good books. That worked fine with his older and experienced guys, but not so great with young guys.

The new guys sounds like he will spend a lot of time with young guys, working through their issues and getting their confidence up.

In my opinion he comes at a very good time because we have a hell of a lot of kids who could push on under the right coach and would have ended up on Brown's scrap heap if he had stayed.

In a perfect world we'll start next season with close to the team we finished this year with, and over the year guys like Crossland, Hoy, Momoisea, Fermor etc will force their way into the side.

In my opinion he comes at a very good time because we have a hell of a lot of kids who could push on under the right coach and would have ended up on Brown's scrap heap if he had stayed.

If they are up to first grade standard, then they wouldn't have ended up on the "scrap heap", such as Saifitis, Sione, Barnett and Fitz. The players which have been let go during Brown's tenure have not kicked on at other clubs in the top level, because they have not been up to first grade standard.

Brown struggled to publicly compliment blokes. A journalist would put to him that say DSaf had a great game. Brown would answer yes but he's got a few issues that he knows about and once he gets his off field into shape and the difference between his best and worst gets smaller etc etc etc. Why not answer yes he did and address his issues behind closed doors. Being on mega bucks to play footy don't automatically mean you're strong in mind. Brown looked clueless to me when dealing with players. There's a couple in this team will go up several levels with a better coach.

If they are up to first grade standard, then they wouldn't have ended up on the "scrap heap", such as Saifitis, Sione, Barnett and Fitz. The players which have been let go during Brown's tenure have not kicked on at other clubs in the top level, because they have not been up to first grade standard.
Elliot and Naden ?

Back