2019 State of Origin Series: Game 3

What is your prediction for this game ??

• NSW 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • NSW 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • QLD 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QLD 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love it each time he misses a tackle.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were multiple times Gagai was open on that wing and they had a mini overlap or at least a chance to gain metres but they didn’t spread it wide, was very surprising for mine. Few times in the second half I wondered to myself how qld didn’t score

Was a great game, thought the back 5 were v/good with Tedesco outstanding, Pearce and Maloney played well except for Maloney being late with clearing kicks. Forwards and bench all good with some limited playing times but it was all about winning, and we did.

Has anyone had a close look at that last try , so glad it went our way but to be honest it was a 2 meter forward pass . Fergo's feet are a foot on the blue's side of the 20m line and Teddy catches it 2 meters over the line .
It doesn't go back from the hands which is a lot of crap in most games as far as im concerned its just an excuse to let forward passes go .
I said to my boy that's forward then I was talking to god for them not to call it back .
Not like me to pray but I was doing it lol.

I know the focus is on the big game but important to note that our domination of the juniors has continued after the massive win by our U20s team

UNDER 20S STATE OF ORIGIN WINNERS

2012: NSW
2013: NSW
2014: NSW
2015: NSW
2016: NSW
2017: NSW

2018: QLD
2019: NSW

UNDER 18S STATE OF ORIGIN WINNERS

2008: NSW
2009: NSW
2010: NSW
2011: NSW

2012: QLD

2015: QLD
2018: NSW

2019: QLD

UNDER 16S STATE OF ORIGIN WINNERS

2009: QLD

2014: QLD

Also was Ethan Lowe in the doghouse or something with Paul Green? Wasn't good enough to be in the first grade team but has a sweet game in Origin...

Was a great game, thought the back 5 were v/good with Tedesco outstanding, Pearce and Maloney played well except for Maloney being late with clearing kicks. Forwards and bench all good with some limited playing times but it was all about winning, and we did.

Eh they were okay but didnt set the world on fire either. Pearce looked like he didn't want to overplay his hand for a lot of that first half. Liked the fact they moved the ball around more even with Maloney's moments in the second half. Whoever they pick next year, that's the style of footy we need to play, not grinding out 6-4 losses with guys like Gallen taking 2m hitups in the opponents 20m area.
It was more Tedesco being a threat at the back and Cook getting the go forward going up front. The rest took care of itself. Cook is basically the type of hooker we've craved for since Buderus. Both will be in the NSW team until they decide to retire from rep footy, which is nice considering the luxury QLD have had picking the same players in those spots.
But Munster and Ponga should still be very dangerous for them.

Well the fairytale happened, but god damn that came close to a nightmare. Our team on paper looked far superior & was wondering how Queensland would be in the game but they did it & got the early jump on us physically. 12 point lead until the last 10 or so minutes felt pretty safe & then the b*stards actually level it up with no time on the clock & a split hair away from kicking the winning field goal. Came way to close for comfort & would have been shattered for Pearce if they lost what most thought would be a win for NSW. Credit to Queensland, they played a really tough game. If Ponga was playing behind their forward pack last night he would have killed it & might have even broken our hearts. Pearcey will be coming back to club land on a huge high after that.

I know the focus is on the big game but important to note that our domination of the juniors has continued after the massive win by our U20s team

UNDER 20S STATE OF ORIGIN WINNERS

2015: NSW

2018: QLD
2019: NSW

UNDER 18S STATE OF ORIGIN WINNERS

2009: NSW

2012: QLD

2019: QLD

UNDER 16S STATE OF ORIGIN WINNERS

2009: QLD

2014: QLD

One of the best things about this year is that the Knights dominated spine positions.

we had hookers in all 3 grades - Huth in 20s, Black in 18s and Nagolivia in 16s.
we had halfbacks in 2 grades - Crossland selected but withdrawn from 20s and Jonah Pezet in 16s
and we had fullbacks in 2 grades and our under 16s fullback was chosen for Pacifica. Hoy in 20s, Best in 18s and Vaile chosen for Pacifica in under 16s.

Well the fairytale happened, but god damn that came close to a nightmare. Our team on paper looked far superior & was wondering how Queensland would be in the game but they did it & got the early jump on us physically. 12 point lead until the last 10 or so minutes felt pretty safe & then the b*stards actually level it up with no time on the clock & a split hair away from kicking the winning field goal. Came way to close for comfort & would have been shattered for Pearce if they lost what most thought would be a win for NSW. Credit to Queensland, they played a really tough game. If Ponga was playing behind their forward pack last night he would have killed it & might have even broken our hearts. Pearcey will be coming back to club land on a huge high after that.

Got to be at the game, and sat on the side NSW scored the last try, probably the best live experience I've had other then being at the epic 1999 GF as well.

I think in Origin despite the differences in rosters you always have to expect teams will try 'anything' to win because it's three games, bragging rights etc so we always have to expect the unexpected. Despite QLD's prior dominance A LOT of those series' were pretty close decided by a few moments here and there. And this was with the Australian spine playing for them. So I won't accept that we got 'lucky' or whatever BS Kent wants to spit out.
Freddy was far from perfect in selecting the team/preparation but I thought NSW did what was required of them to win. And tbh, if NSW don't screw up that first game, it's a pretty simple sweep for them.

The good thing is going forward there won't be a lot of chopping and changing without pending injuries for NSW. A lot of these guys are young too and have many years ahead. Cook Tedesco and Keary should be a mainstay in the spine, maybe Cleary. Then you have the Turbo brothers, Klemmer etc who should be mainstays as well. So it's nice to say we can pretty much lock those sorts of guys in for next year as opposed to in April next year playing Guess Who with the spine and majority of the team and hoping they are in form.

Also was Ethan Lowe in the doghouse or something with Paul Green? Wasn't good enough to be in the first grade team but has a sweet game in Origin...

If you watched his last 2 years with the Cowboys and he was below average.

He did have a falling out with Green as evidenced by his stab at the club earlier this year.

I think he got into a comfort zone with the Cowboys as hunting, fishing and partying became his top priority over his footy as evidenced by many eye witnesses on his nights out midweek during the season etc.

Love the guy and will always be apart of cowboys history so was good to see him turn his career back around and perform on the big stage.

Has anyone had a close look at that last try , so glad it went our way but to be honest it was a 2 meter forward pass . Fergo's feet are a foot on the blue's side of the 20m line and Teddy catches it 2 meters over the line .
It doesn't go back from the hands which is a lot of crap in most games as far as im concerned its just an excuse to let forward passes go .
I said to my boy that's forward then I was talking to god for them not to call it back .
Not like me to pray but I was doing it lol.

It went backwards from the hands and Blake literally made sure by turning his body and his arm movements to make it backwards off the hands, and Tedesco had to turn around to grab it. They were never ever going to call it forward based off these two things.

We must be watching different passes because ive watched it ten times and frame by frame and not once has it gone back .

The Kangaroos Merit Team has been announced by coach Mal Meninga, 11 players from NSW and just 6 from QLD

origin-merit-team_20190713.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/13/almost-better-than-billy-tedesco-leads-meningas-origin-merit-team/

Back