2019 State of Origin Series: Game 2

What is your prediction for this game ??

• NSW 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NSW 1-12

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • QLD 1-12

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • QLD 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rhugh89

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
WzMxMTUyMDE5LCJjeG8uYSIsImh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL21hdGNoLWNlbnRyZS90ZWFtLWxvZ28vbGVhZ3VlLzU1MDAxLnBuZyIsInJuZDc4NTciLCIxMjZjOTIwIl0=
WzMxMTUyMDE5LCJjeG8uYSIsImh0dHBzOi8vY29udGVudC5mb3hzcG9ydHMuY29tLmF1L2ZzL21hdGNoLWNlbnRyZS90ZWFtLWxvZ28vbGVhZ3VlLzU1MDAyLnBuZyIsInJuZDc4NTciLCIxMjZjOTIwIl0=

SUNDAY JUNE 23RD, 2019 @ 7:50PM
OPTUS STADIUM, PERTH

OFFICIALS

REFEREES: TBA
SIDELINE OFFICIALS: TBA
VIDEO REFEREES: TBA

NSW TEAM

1. JAMES TEDESCO
2. BLAKE FERGUSON
3. TOM TRBOJEVIC
4. JACK WIGHTON
5. JOSH ADDO-CARR
6. JAMES MALONEY
7. NATHAN CLEARY
8. DANIEL SAIFITI
9. DAMIEN COOK
10. PAUL VAUGHAN
11. BOYD CORDNER (C)
12. TYSON FRIZELL
13. JAKE TRBOJEVIC

14. DALE FINUCANE
15. TARIQ SIMS
16. CAMERON MURRAY
17. WADE GRAHAM

QLD TEAM

1. KALYN PONGA
2. COREY OATES
3. MICHAEL MORGAN
4. WILL CHAMBERS
5. DANE GAGAI
6. CAMERON MUNSTER
7. DALY CHERRY-EVANS
8. DYLAN NAPA
9. BEN HUNT
10. JOSH PAPALII
11. FELISE KAUFUSI
12. MATT GILLETT
13. JOSH MCGUIRE

14. MOSES MBYE
15. JARROD WALLACE
16. TIM GLASBY
17. DAVID FIFITA

18. CHRISTIAN WELCH
19. EDRICK LEE
20. COREY NORMAN

HEAD TO HEAD

GAMES - 115
NSW - 51
QLD - 62
DRAWN - 2

CURRENT SERIES

GAME 1: QLD DEFEATED NSW 18-14

SERIES WINS

NSW (14) - 1985, 1986, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2014, 2018

QLD (23) - 1980*, 1981*, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1995, 1998, 1999**, 2001, 2002**, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017

* 1980 AND 1981 WERE ONE OFF GAMES AND NOT A SERIES
** SERIES DRAWN, QLD RETAINED THE SHIELD AS DEFENDING CHAMPIONS

Form over the next few weeks important, Interested to see how James Roberts and Tom Trbojevic go, If fit and going well then pick them

Ponga is lucky he is playing in this new anti-biff era with his comments made after Origin.

Twice in interviews I have seen him making fairly arrogant comments about how they came out in the second half and "just gave it too them", "smashed them" I think was another comment.

The blues will be using those comments as motivation leading in to game 2 I reckon.

Be best if he stuck to the generic cliche of, it was a tough game, we knew NSW were going to be strong and they were yadda yadda.

Just saying it like it is, they did smash us. Some hectic defence bullied us & directly led to their field position for tries. And Ponga will keep smashing us if we come out looking as soft as we did at times. We lost game 1, so no time for us anymore, we need to pick a side that can win straight away, big forwards & a real halfback.

Pffft, Generic comments. That’s why he’s so good, he doesn’t care. Starting to become a trend now where players and coaches think they can bash Ponga and he will get scared, it fails. Maybe they should worry about their own game.

NSW will need to do a lot of changes to challenge the red necks. It was a poorly selected side with only one prop on the bench and deserved to be defeated so good on Ponga telling it like it is.

Think Freddy needs to stay out of Bondi, to many mates have influenced the side.
SOO is all about picking the best players that have earned the respect to wear the jumper.

Mitchell is a myth, it’s all good to score runaway trys and bust tackles when your team is on top. But when the going gets tough that’s when the true quality players turn up. Mentally preparing yourself should be the first thing you learn in playing any professional sport.

Just saying it like it is, they did smash us. Some hectic defence bullied us & directly led to their field position for tries. And Ponga will keep smashing us if we come out looking as soft as we did at times. We lost game 1, so no time for us anymore, we need to pick a side that can win straight away, big forwards & a real halfback.

Yes, they did come out and smash us, ponga wasnt wrong. Just arrogant.

If I were involved with the blues I'd certainly be using those comments as a motivator for the blues in game 2.

It's why you dont hear players diss their opponent often, nor coaches. Look at Gal's comments about Newcastle. Sure as chit fitz used that as motivation in game 1 of the season.

Game 2 should be a cracker.

Yes, they did come out and smash us, ponga wasnt wrong. Just arrogant.

If I were involved with the blues I'd certainly be using those comments as a motivator for the blues in game 2.

It's why you dont hear players diss their opponent often, nor coaches. Look at Gal's comments about Newcastle. Sure as chit fitz used that as motivation in game 1 of the season.

Game 2 should be a cracker.

I don't know, I think that's just how he speaks. I dont think it comes from an arrogant point of view. He's just young & answers questions how he would to anyone. Watch his press conference going into the Origin, the media just ask him stupid questions & he just answers it honestly with no cliche rubbish.

Arrogant lol.
Didnt we all just right post after post after post for smashing the Roosters?
His words are facts and hardly worth commenting on.
Freddy has much bigger issues to figure out then what Ponga said.

Pearce ruled out of game 2 with a hip injury.

I don't think he needs Origin anymore and is ruling himself out over a bit of a niggle he wants to rest. If it were the Knights playing this weekend, I'm betting he plays.

Looks like Dsaf is going to get selected, which is fantastic. This is the best origin for him to be picked in, Sunday game, no Knights playing. He is going to learn so much from this experience.

The selection of the NSW team has been a disgrace. The dogs were barking Cleary out, Cody Walker out, Mitchell out, Turbo Tom in, Wade Graham in, Ferguson in, Daniel S in. Morris had a good game and did not deserved to be dropped. Totally inappropriate all this leaking to the media of the changes before the team is announced.

Poor Cleary, Whilst not one of my favourites, everyone knew he was out for Mitch Pearce. Now the selection panel have has had to go back to him and the whole shamozzle must be destroying for his confidence.

Not that I support SOO but go Queensland.

Just thinking isn't Daniel Saifiti playing for Fiji this week lol
Is he even able to play for Origin?? Is yes can Sam Burgess or hell even SBW say yes for NSW hahaha
But in all seriousness Congratz to Dan he is perfect for role.

Last edited:
Just thinking isn't Daniel Saifiti playing for Fiji this week lol
Is he even able to play for Origin?? Is yes can Sam Burgess or hell even SBW say yes for NSW hahaha
But in all seriousness Congratz to Dan he is perfect for role.

Fiji is a category 2 side.
England is a category 1 side.
Dan Saifiti was born in NSW also.

Back