2019 Player Rumours and Signings

Warriors here. What an off season for us. I was surprised we got rid of Gavet, you have got a good one there. He got in trouble here for punctuality but when you look around other teams there are worse problems. However rules are rules.

The big one was Johnson. Who to blame for him going depends on who you talk to. The bottom line he has gone and I wish him well, but the Sharks?

I dont think we would have released Lino if we had a crystal ball, but it is what it is. He is a whole hearted guy who has made the most of what he has been given.

We have 3 rookies supposedly in line to partner Green. Also Hiku has played there. I am pleased the club didnt make a play for Norman. Goal kicking is my concern unless they play Keighram.

Otherwise I believe our squad is better this year. Ah Mau is our biggest signing. How will we go. Guys, this is the Warriors. Us fans are guaranteed to go to Heaven as we suffer enough on earth.

Go the Knights.
good luck for the season watcher...I hope Ah Mau fires for you guys, I think his best years are well and truly still ahead of him :thumbsup:

Even though they probably have next to no clue about what's going on some media sources are claiming that Holmes could immediately come back to the NRL if he does not land a contract with an NFL team, rather then sit out 2019 completely, but I am not sure whether that includes being waited to be drafted or not. They are either guessing or assuming that the odds are stacked against him in the first place.

The Sharks would get first and last rights to his services but it's highly probably they'd fit him under their cap and theyre supposed to move on a player before June 30? Would be a compo transfer fee and doesn't get to play against them if they do play each other I imagine.

Castleford fans have a rumour going that they are in talks with Sione to join Pete.
Pat might be who they are thinking of.

Holmes to Cowboys will happen. Even people reporting he is feeling homesick already.

Val to rescue our season.

Reactions: R_A
Yeah the backflip was so weird. Went from definitely won’t play NRL in 2019 to now willl consider it if he doesn’t get a gig.
The collapse of the AAF means competition will get harder but there are plenty of opportunities to make a roster with injuries and cuts etc.

Makes me think there was too much stink at the sharks involving TPAs to hang around

I honestly think it was just an easy escape out of Cronulla for this season and if he jagged a spot on a roster then a added bonus with potential to earn a lot more but deep down probably knows he was always going to return to Australia.

Reactions: R_A
Holmes has been offered a 12 month contract by the Jets being their 54th man through the international pathways program. Will get plenty of chances in the preseason and even if he does not make the 53 man roster he is still going to be there for 12 months as the ‘apprentice’.

A $68k deal with no chance of making an appearance unless upgraded to $580k and in to the 53 man squad.

Was feeling homesick while in Sydney on over 10 times that... imagine how he is going to feel while being in USA and not even playing a second.

He won’t last the 12 months.

Back