2019 NRL Season: Round 12 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Rugby League' started by rhugh89, May 28, 2019.

1. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He is extremely overrated. I never saw the hype around him. A halfback should be controlling and steering the team around the park - he just stood behind the play and watched Tyrone do it all game.

2. krustykraz

krustykraz Ben MacDougall

He played quite well for a young fella starting off in first grade but never really improved from there.
    Very much like Nathan Cleary.
    Now they are both on a reported 1mil a year.

3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Attitude. Attitude. Attitude.

Shame for Tits he never left when he threatened to walk if Hayne did not have his way and Neil Henry was sacked!

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

My comment was sarcasm towards others on here that think our huge win vs the Roosters would of still happened if they had a fit 17 on the field.
    Sorry you were out to lunch on this one :giggle:

Joshhh and Frank McWilliams like this.
  5. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Adam Woolnough

Was very nice, Salmon with smashed potatoes, broccolini etc yummy, so not sorry I was out lol

Joshhh and 88Knight4life like this.
  6. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Ash Taylor has never looked strong either, it’s like he’s never lifted a weight. Always carrying around his guts too. Tells you a lot really.

7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Easy to say he's overrated when his confidence is at an all time low. Was third in the comp for try assists just last year behind Thurston & Keary. Definitely has talent, but for whatever reason things have gone to crap at the Titans. Don't get me wrong, he has a big part of the blame there too, he's doing **** all to even try & get himself back in form, might be one of those kids that gets lazy when things arent going for them.

8. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Does rack up the try assists but Game Management, General kicking, Organization, Defence, Communication all lacking

Goes missing when the game is there to be won and often comes up with the wrong play i.e getting caught on the last without even getting a kick in which seems to happen alot to him

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Only a very few playmakers look good behind beaten packs.
    Joey did, and a few others, but even players like JT managed to look ordinary when he was behind a pack that didn't t least hold it's own.
    I'm not a huge fan of Taylor, but put him behind a top 4 pack of forwards and his skills would look brilliant.

Joshhh likes this.
  10. rhugh89

rhugh89 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

The biggest issue is wasting opportunities in the opposition 20 which comes back to Ash Taylor who is the chief playmaker and halfback

According to Fox Sports the Titans have had more tackles in the opposition 20 than any other club, They have had 386 tackles in the opposition 20 and yet they only have 36 tries

11. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Doesnt surprise me at all, Taylor doesnt even look like he wants the ball atm.
    I'd be dropping him 10000000%
    Pretty sure they have Riley Jacks on the roster, surely his able to at least demand the ball when the games on the line to win it.