2019 Jerseys

Joshhh

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus
Knights reveal 2019 NRL jersey

You asked for it. Now you've got it.

Over the course of the 2018 season, the nib Newcastle Knights faithful made their feelings clear on how they felt about the jersey.

We listened.

That's why in 2019 we're going back to our roots.

kp_home-jersey.jpg

On November 1, the Knights officially launched their 2019 home and away jerseys.

The jersey is a throwback to yesteryear, modelled on the Club's heritage jumper.

The new kit has been modelled off the jersey the team wore in their foundation seasons.

Knights Coach Nathan Brown believes the new jersey will be a hit.

kp_new-jersey_3.png

"The new jersey is a throwback to when the club was founded and has always held a special place in the hearts of our supporters," Brown said.

dsaf_awauy-jersey.jpg

"Whenever we've worn this jersey our fans have reacted strongly, and the early response to the change has been positive.

"I'm confident the response from the players will be as strong if not stronger."

https://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news/2018/11/01/knights-reveal-2019-nrl-jersey/

Last edited:
That away strip really doesn’t please the eye.

Home one is much much better. Pity about the big nib logo having to be in the middle of it though.

Home is great. Away just looks like they couldn’t be bothered to do anything with it.

Same. Home is good, away looks like they wearing tank tops.

Other than providing an additional merchandise sale opportunity I don't know why they persist with the away jerseys.

I challenge anyone at any club to find an away jersey which is more appealing that the home jersey for that season.

Our 2019 one looks like they've folded the bottom half up, resembling a crop top. Looks like something you'd expect to see being worn by a teenage girl

I'm a fan of both. I remember there being an away jersey almost identical to this one at the start of Kidley's career. '01, '02 ?

It's a marketing ploy, change the shirt then fans buy the new one, not necessary better, or nice but it's what we have, with sponsor changes I understand but with little or no change what is wrong with having a long term identifiable outfit.

The latest version on the knights twitter account has a maggots logo right between the NRL and Knights logos.
Lots of oldtimers spinning in their graves.

Didn’t see the game yesterday but I’m guessing we’re not using yellow numbers?

Back