2015 Harold Matthews and SG Ball

No Matt Cooper?
Barker is a gun player and a year older.

Matt Faitotoa will be interesting if he is a brother of Faitotoa Faitotoa, who played Ball last year and I see is in our NYC squad this year (in the photos at Action photographics).
Faitotoa Faitotoa was a bit short, but he was an absolute tank of a second rower in attack. Unstoppable.

Matt Faitotoa is brother, the ball will go to O'Hagan 5/6 times so Sam Stone will play short sides all day. Good luck to both teams for the season

Matt Faitotoa is brother, the ball will go to O'Hagan 5/6 times so Sam Stone will play short sides all day. Good luck to both teams for the season
Starling loves to run to the line and look for people to pass to at the line, so I can see Stone doing pretty good if he just follows Starling looking for the short pass.

NSWIU16s Secure Dramatic Draw

Fri 13th February, 06:30PM

The NSWIU16s have kicked a penalty goal after the siren to secure a dramatic 24-all draw with Queensland tonight.

Despite a number of unforced errors from both sides throughout the game, both teams managed to play entertaining rugby league in front of an appreciative and vocal crowd at CBUS Super Stadium.

Zac Saddler opened the scoring for NSW with a barnstoring effort close to the line that saw NSW take an early 6-0 lead.

Unforced errors from the Blues invited Queensland back into the contest and the Maroons made them pay with two quick tries for a 10-6 lead.

A clever set play from NSW in only their second foray into the oppostion red zone, saw them level the score for an unlikely draw at half-time after missing the conversion from close range.

NSW halfback Tristan Reilly scored the first of his two tries early in the second half, when he produced a show and go that Indigenous All Stars half Jonathan Thurston would have been proud of to take a 16-10 lead.

Once again, unforced errors from NSW invited QLD back into the contest and two quick tries saw the Maroons snatch a 24-16 lead with only eight minutes remaining.

Tristan Reilly produced another opportunistic try with five minutes remaining to reduce the defecit to two points, before a penalty on the full-time siren allowed NSW centre Lincoln Stewart to step up to mark and convert the penalty goal for the draw from 35 metres out.

A big congratulations to both sides who played the game with tremendous attitudes befitting of the All Stars celebrations.

NSW Indigenous Under 16's Squad

Zac Nuttial (Cranebook)
Kane Allen (Forde)
Lincoln Stewart (Eden)
William Baker (Wauchope)
Blake Taafe (Killarney Vale)
Braden Stewart (Chifley)
Tristan Reilly (South West Rocks)
Johnathon Walsh (Belmont)
Kyle McLean (Umina)
Zac Saddler (Cooma)
Feleti Mateo (Orange)
KC Edmonds (Inverell)
Josh Curran (Castle Hill)
Jai Merritt (Dubbo)
Josh Cook (Phillip Bay)
Tyson Hodge (Wagga Wagga)
Learoy Brown (Kingswood)
Isaiah Barker (Kempsey)
William Lockwood (Kempsey)
Allan Lockwood (Kempsey)

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/02/13/nswiu16s_secure_dram.html

FULLTIME - SG BALL

Newcastle Knights - 34

Canterbury Bulldogs - 26

Next week we play the Roosters in Cessnock.

The Roosters lost both grades to Para today, which doesn't give us much to judge form on, because Para could be very strong.

Our form in Ball looks good. The Bulldogs were the team that gave us most trouble in Matts last year and we played them away, so that could be the hardest game we have all season (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
HAROLD MATTS

1. LACHLAN BENT
2. CALLUM WESLEY
3. BRYCE BEVERSTOCK
4. GARY ANDERSON
5. HARRISON WALL
6. TEX HOY
7. TOM STEADMAN
8. MATT CROKER (C)
9. CODY BRYANT
10. BEN TALTY
11. BROCK GARDINER
12. JUSTIN WORLEY
13. JUNIOR TUIVATI
14. TRISTON REILLY
15. FELETI MATEO
16. JONOTHAN WALSH
17. JOHN TOLEAFOA
18. MOKENA MOEKE

Only one i've heard of is Tex Hoy.

- - - Updated - - -

SG BALL

1. NGANGARRA BARKER
2. SAMUEL MCINTYRE
3. CORY DENNISS
4. MATT FAITOTOA
5. LYNDON HILLS
6. SAM STONE (C)
7. BRENDAN O’HAGAN
8. JAYDEN BUTTERFIELD
9. TOM STARLING
10. VIKO PULIUVEA
11. HUDSON YOUNG
12. BRODIE JONES
13. KURTIS DARK
14. JONAH LISIUA
15. HEATH GIBBS
16. RYAN MILLGATE
17. MAX KING
18. PASAMI SAULO
22. WILL SHEELY

Sam Stone in the halves is interesting. He played second row last year.
It's a young side with half a dozen up from Mathews last year, but O'Hagan, Starling, Jones, Dark and Gibbs all played for NSW under 16s, so plenty of talent in them.
Jones has gone from prop to second row. He showed last year he had too much pace and skill to just play prop.

Just a little mod to that! 8 of last years matts were in the team today. sam mcintyre no 2(last yr 5) brendan Ohagan 7, Tom starling 9. hudson young 11 (last yr 6 and utility forward) brodie jones 12 (lst yr 8) , kurtis dark 13 , heath gibbs 15(lst yr 4 ) , started centre today as matt fiatotoa was injured. Pasami saulo 19(lst yr 19) Good work boys

- - - Updated - - -

Just a little mod to that! 8 of last years matts were in the team today. sam mcintyre no 2(last yr 5) brendan Ohagan 7, Tom starling 9. hudson young 11 (last yr 6 and utility forward) brodie jones 12 (lst yr 8) , kurtis dark 13 , heath gibbs 15(lst yr 4 ) , started centre today as matt fiatotoa was injured. Pasami saulo 19(lst yr 19) Good work boys

Brodie was prop no8 last yr!

Last edited:
Few photos from Yesterday

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/02/16/gallery_round_1_juni.html

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Round 2 Ball side

1. NGANGARRA BARKER
2. SAMUEL MCINTYRE
3. CORY DENNISS
4. MATT FAITOTOA
5. LYNDON HILLS
6. SAM STONE ©
7. BRENDAN O’HAGAN
8. JAYDEN BUTTERFIELD
9. TOM STARLING
10. VIKO PULIUVEA
11. RYAN MILLGATE
12. BRODIE JONES
13. KURTIS DARK
14. JONAH LISIUA
15. HEATH GIBBS
16. HUDSON YOUNG
17. MAX KING
19. PASAMI SAULO
22. WILL SHEELY

Young to the bench and Millgate to the starting side is the only change I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Matts side for week 2

1. TEX HOY
2. CALLUM WESLEY
3. LACHLAN BENT
4. BRYCE BEVERSTOCK
5. JACK THREADGATE
6. TOM STEADMAN
7. TRISTON REILLY
8. MATT CROKER ©
9. JUNIOR TUIVATI
10. BEN TALTY
11. BROCK GARDNER
12. GARY ANDERSON
13. JONOTHAN WALSH
14. MAX BOVIS
15. FELETI MATEO
16. JUSTIN WORLEY
17. JOHN TOLEAFOA
18. HARRISON WALL
20. MOKENA MOEKE
21. TYRONE RAVENEAU
22. BRAD AFFLECK

Don't know where to start with the changes. The 5/8 has gone to fullback, the lock has gone to hooker, the fullback has gone to centre. They must be drawing positions out of a hat.

- - - Updated - - -

Ball highlights.

Quality work from O'Hagan and Starling.

Two tries by O'Hagan, one scored with strength and the other with speed.

Starling uses vision and a 30 foot pass to set up a try. Funny passing style though.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/02/17/highlights_sg_ball_r.html

Mathews highlights

The Tex Hoy length of the field try is a beauty.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/02/17/highlights_harold_ma.html

Last edited:
from what iv herd Harold matts team have a few injuries, no 1 hooker luke huff injured. back up hooker injured, so now week 2 this is the 3rd hooker option due to injuries. they had 4 or 5 boys play in the indigineous all star game which left them short for r1 v bull dogs.. in my opinion tex hoy last weeks 5/8 is a better full back but cause players were missing he filled the void. the video highlights what tex hoy can do as a full back with his running game & what a try he scored. remember its only rd1. this is a very good team and im confident as the matts season progresses so will the knights team. good luck boys

"They must be drawing positions out of a hat." bahahah ..... Billy you obviously have no idea, fairly derogatory comment.

I think you will understand why the changes when you see the team play the week... Lets see how good, a guess I am , 44-12 to the Knights over the Roosters.

"They must be drawing positions out of a hat." bahahah ..... Billy you obviously have no idea, fairly derogatory comment.

I think you will understand why the changes when you see the team play the week... Lets see how good, a guess I am , 44-12 to the Knights over the Roosters.
Can you keep the personal abuse to yourself.
It was a comment about the massive number of position changes - a bit of fun. It's only derogatory if you have no sense of humor and want to take it that way.

Who would of thought your comment was a 'bit of fun' , well I didn't ... It's all good . Just like who would of thought my comment was ''personal abuse ' , I will leave that for others to decide . Either way we both on same side ie we supporting the knights. I still hold that the team that selected this week will smash the roosters 44 to 12.

Who would of thought your comment was a 'bit of fun' , well I didn't ... It's all good . Just like who would of thought my comment was ''personal abuse ' , I will leave that for others to decide . Either way we both on same side ie we supporting the knights. I still hold that the team that selected is will smash the roosters 44 to 12.
Next time i'll add after the comment (for the concrete thinkers - I don't really believe names are drawn out of a hat - it's a joke).

Two wins today.
Mathews had a pretty comfortable win.
Tex Hoy looks to be a great prospect. He scored a try with a great dummy that i bought way up in the stands before strolling over untouched, and he set up a few others. I'd say he was the best playmaker in the side playing fullback. He also kicked 3 or 4 from the sidelines and his kickoffs were high and long and were knocked on about 3 times.
In Ball, we looked great in the first half, scoring 4 tries with O'Hagan kicking 4 goals, a couple from the sideline. Our forwards looked well on top and I think Kurtis Dark scored 3 of our 4 tries. O'Hagan and Starling were both doing as they pleased.
In the second half the Roosters started spreading the ball wide and their left side attack strolled through our right defence to score try after try. 3 came within 5 minutes at one stage.
In the end it was 4 tries all and the Roosters just missed scoring by inches right on the bell, so we ran out lucky 24-20 winners.
O'Hagan picked up what looked like a rib injury in the second half. He stayed on the field but did little, and I think Starling went to halfback and we missed his dummy half work too.

Two wins today.
Mathews had a pretty comfortable win.
Tex Hoy looks to be a great prospect. He scored a try with a great dummy that i bought way up in the stands before strolling over untouched, and he set up a few others. I'd say he was the best playmaker in the side playing fullback. He also kicked 3 or 4 from the sidelines and his kickoffs were high and long and were knocked on about 3 times.
In Ball, we looked great in the first half, scoring 4 tries with O'Hagan kicking 4 goals, a couple from the sideline. Our forwards looked well on top and I think Kurtis Dark scored 3 of our 4 tries. O'Hagan and Starling were both doing as they pleased.
In the second half the Roosters started spreading the ball wide and their left side attack strolled through our right defence to score try after try. 3 came within 5 minutes at one stage.
In the end it was 4 tries all and the Roosters just missed scoring by inches right on the bell, so we ran out lucky 24-20 winners.
O'Hagan picked up what looked like a rib injury in the second half. He stayed on the field but did little, and I think Starling went to halfback and we missed his dummy half work too.
Accurate account of the ball, that's how I saw it. The Knights didn't recover from the intercept early in the second half. Roosters also had a few long range tries but plowed thru our middle third far to easily 40-60 minutes.

Back