2010 NSW CUP & NYC GRAND FINALS

NSW_Cup.sflb.ashx

12:00pm
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs vs Windsor Wolves

toyotaCupLogo.gif

2:00pm
South Sydney Rabbitohs vs New Zealand Warriors​

I'll go for the Wolves and Warriors.

Can't wait to see how Likiliki goes for the Warriors!!

Wolves & Warriors for me. That Warriors team is gun! They got Elijah Niko, Omar Slaimankhel, Bill Tupou, Carlos Tuimavave, Siuatonga Likiliki, Sebastine Ikahihifo, Nafe Seluini & Glenn Fishiiahi!

I will be going for the Warriors just because of Likiliki...This is gonna sound pretty random but, how fun is it to type "likiliki" lol...try and see how fast you can do it :p

I was disappointed to see Balmain knocked out by Windsor on the weekend. They were runners up to the Bulldogs (they were known as the Bankstown City Bulls as the result of a merger with the Sydney City Bulls) last season and I would have loved to have seen a rematch.

I am going for the Bulldogs in NSW Cup and the Bunnies in NYC.

So happy for the Wolves and especially for some of the players leaving the Wolves another a long time playing there. Some notable players I recommend you watch from the Wolves: Sandor Earl (I am sure you are all aware of him), Ryan Walker, Zoram Watene, David Simmons has been playing well for the Wolves, Aaron Sweeney, last week Steve Meredith played real well and if he feels like playing Daine Laurie will be dangerous.

As for the opposition team well who cares! :razz:

Sandor Earl will be good to watch, he performed very well at NRL level can't wait to see him at NSW cup level.

What's happened to Daine Laurie Penrithfan? He used to be a regular for first grade at Wests, now I rarely see him turnout for Penrith. He used to be quite a good player.

Sandor Earl will be good to watch, he performed very well at NRL level can't wait to see him at NSW cup level.

What's happened to Daine Laurie Penrithfan? He used to be a regular for first grade at Wests, now I rarely see him turnout for Penrith. He used to be quite a good player.
Laurie used to be a bit hopeless IMO. Always went for the big hits. Always missed them.

GRAND FINAL TEAMS:

00005973-image.gif

1 Zoram Watene
2 Dave Simmons
3 Ryan Walker
4 Michael Mate
5 Sandor Earl
6 Maurice Blair
7 Craig Trindall
8 Steve Meredith
9 Ryan Russell
10 Aaron Sweeney
11 Joseph Paulo
12 Nigel Plum
13 Josh Bateman

14 Reece Goldsmith
15 Matthew McConnell
16 David Tangata-Toa
17 Jesse Sene-Lefao
20 Daine Laurie
23 Brendan Vengoa
24 Daniel Penese
Coach: Guy Missio

00005966-image.gif

1 Trent Cutler
2 Heka Nanai
3 Shane Neumann
4 Daniel Rauicava
5 Junior Tia-Kilifi
6 Rhys Jack
7 Josh Reynolds
8 Brad Morrin
9 Nathan Smith
10 Tim Browne
11 Daniel Harrison
12 Yileen Gordon
13 Danny Williams

14 Corey Payne
15 Harlan Alaalatoa
16 Conrad Taakimoeaka
17 Kose Lelei
19 Benson Tupou
Coach: Justin Holbrook

I was in the same class with Ali Beale a couple of years ago... great to see him going well.

It has been good but I don't know where he is at the moment. I think he was having a bit of a shocker a few weeks ago. Has a lot of potential, will hopefully reach his potential one day.

Yeah Sandor Earl played real well for Penrith and it was really good to see and who could forget "that try", it was quite spectacular.

Daine has had a disappointing season. Much was promised at the start of the season from him but he hasn't lived up to it. Injury has played a part in this and some poor performances haven't helped his cause. Will hopefully be fit and ready to go for the trials. Has a great opportunity next season with Frank Pritchard leaving.

Laurie used to be a bit hopeless IMO. Always went for the big hits. Always missed them.

He still is IMO. Has a long way to go if he is going to go to be a good player, he lacks discipline on the field, his defence is scrappy and his fitness is terrible. He still does go for the big hits, hopefully they will pay off soon. At least if he doesn't play First Grade, he can still play as depth next season.

I personally will be watching Yilleen Gordon closely this week seeing as he is supposedly set to sign with Penrith any day now.

Ryan Walker is probably the man that most Penrith fans want to see play in First Grade. Had a great season and played great in the trials but Mr Elliot chose to keep that useless hack of a footballer, Purtell.

tricky trindall, now theres a name i havent heard in a while

Yeah, you wouldn't have unless you have been following the NSW Cup closely. Has been one of the more consistent players this season. Some Penrith fans still believe he is the best half at the club.

Bulldogs off to a good start, 10 - 0 up early in the game.

Aaron Sweeney the big prop foward from the Wolves, great go foward and solid defence, lots of effort aswell.

Josh Reynolds the little halfback for the Dogs, impressed with him also, certainly a player for the future.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

NSW CUP GRANDFINAL

Cantenbury Bankstown Bulldogs - 24
Windsor Wolves - 12

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Siutonga Likiliki just scored a beauty for the Warriors in Toyota Cup!

Back