2009 Ashes Thread

Anyone read DT today? Hope we smash them in game 2 just to shut Duncan Fletcher up. HUGE swing at Ponting.

Great comeback by Australia ... at 196 without loss, it could have been a super day for England!

Haven't seen the wickets that Johnson got, but 107 runs off 19 overs is dreadful!

I heard Johnson actually found some reverse swing for his second dismissal? Well when you think about it, maybe the fact he basically can't swing the ball besides accidentally doing it on occasion could be a benefit for Australia. If he doesn't know when the ball will swing, then the batsmen will have no freaking clue, especially if he doesn't do it all day and then all of a sudden it swings.

Besides that, poor showing really. Wish we had a more experienced figure-head in this game.

Anyone else reckon England mightve shot themselves in the foot not playing Harmison?

Last edited:
You guys are in all sorts of trouble here! I thought England should have enforced the follow-on, but they made the right choice not to ... they are in a totally dominant position now, and with two whole days to bowl you out. Absolutely no chance of an Australian win ... ouch!

Great recovery I thought we were gone after Hussey got out, now we have a strong chance of winning

Back