Your team for 2019

I think Dan will be in the 17 come Round 1. Someone like Barnett might struggle. Even if guys like that miss out first up, they will still play massive roles for us next year. I think, with all the talk around the likes of Levi and Sione, we need to remember how old they are. They are going to be playing with a pack capable of dominating next year. Decent halves running the show too. That's the first time in their careers that will be the case. I think some of our youngsters will have massive years next season. The last few years have at least made them seasoned first graders. Now they will find they have a bit more room to move, won't be as fatigued and shouldn't be defending their try line as much.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Also, we all know Ross' predicament, and of the new boys, Hunt, Lino and Woolford tipped to miss out.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...sidestep-axe-after-recruitment-drive/?cs=7580

Probably nothing we didn't know or hasn't already been debated in this thread, but this is an interesting read anyway. Among other things mentioned, Buhrer is fighting for his spot, one of Sione and Barnett likely to miss out and JSaf, King and Pasami will need to be patient come R1 next year.

That sounds about what most of us seem to think.
The right guys have to fight according to that list

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't think we had the whole squad fit for 1 game last year, and I don't think we will in 2019 either.
This time last year we were talking about how good the reserve grade side looked, and we were lucky to get 5 or 6 of them on the field at the same time all season.
The top 25 of our 30 will probably play most games they are fit for in firstgrade.
It's a great offseason argument to discuss who fits into our best 17, but in practice, number 20 on the list is probably going to play most games.

With the squad seemingly complete now I think we can all agree that Brown, Moons, Gardiner, Pezet and who ever else played a role in turning this roster over since 2016 has done and incredible job, much better than I ever could have imagined.

I was always the one to put people in their place when they brought up names like Pearce, Klemmer, Ramien etc telling them they were dreaming and it would never happen. I was also a harsh critic of Brown's plan to save his pennies for these marquee players as I never thought we'd be able to get them up here so what was the point? Happy to say I was wrong and although we got lucky with a couple of these guys falling into our laps for one reason or another, you have to have the money there to get these guys and the club has stuck to their guns even when most fans were losing faith.

As I've said previously the pain of the three spoons is still there and won't ever go away, but a premiership ( or two ) would make it worth all the pain, still lots of hard work to do to get there and possibly some more roster adjustments, but we have all the key ingredients needed for a premiership winning side.

Can't wait for 2019 Go Knights

Would we have the Money for Robert Jennings he hasn't yet been re-signed . He is a good player scored 19 try's last season and is large guy at 6'3" and 102 kg .
If we could get rid of Ross that would go close to paying for Jennings I reckon and he is 22 not 30.

1. Watson
2. Lee
3. Hunt (Moga when fit)
4.ramien
5. Skid
6.ponga
7 Pearce
8. Glasby
9.levi
10 Klemmer
11 Fitz
12 Guerra
13 ese ese
14 Mann
15 Gavet
16 dsaf
17 Sione/Barnett/jsaf (when healthy)
18 saulo
19 Barnett/burhrer/Sione
20 Lino
21 woolford

Pretty close to the money Joey.

Would like to see Browny interchanging Ponga and Watson during games as you can bet opps will target Ponga during the coming season.

My 2019 Round 1 Side:

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Moga
4. Ramien
5. SkD
6. Lino
7 Pearce
8. Gavet
9.levi
10. Klemmer
11. Fitz
12. Guerra
13. ese ese
14. Watson
15. Glasby
16. dsaf
17. Barnett

Apologies to Mann, Sione, Lee, etc. Really wish we snared Ferguson instead of Lee. I think we have really good depth this year. I think we would be competitive even with injuries to key players.

A flash back:​
NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS’ BEST 17

1 Peter Mata’utia

2 Nathan Ross

3 Dane Gagai

4 Joe Wardle

5 Ken Sio

6 Brock Lamb

7 Trent Hodkinson

8 Josh Starling

9 Rory Kostjasyn

10 Korbin Sims