Your team for 2018

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Lockwire211

Lockwire211 Dan Tolar

So I’m not saying that Ross is a superior fullback (and by no means in the mini category) and that he should be our permanent guy. But while ponga is transitioning into a first grade player why not take that little bit of pressure off him and allow someone with a voice to help out.
    I know it’s not the nrl but wasn’t Ross the nsw cup fullback of the year a couple back?
    Imo he was our best fullback last year so who else has ponga got to help teach him? Even if it is how to communicate.

2. cowboyman

cowboyman Adam Woolnough

Hospitality
    Of course but when he himself and Brown has come out saying he will be given fullback spot round 1 then there will be uproar in the media as to why he is not in the 17 if fit.

Plus the last thing you'd want is old man Ponga talking to the media. He is the one that was pushing for an early release not Kalyn himself. An extra 200k for the year if the Cowboys released him this season just passed.

3. beau

beau Peter Malcolm

Just read a fox sports article on Facebook. Pauli looks to heading over to England And my boys Stocky and Jacob gagan are going to Rabbitohs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

When Pauli finally decides to move out of home, he doesn't muck around.

5. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

So Disappointing about Pauli Pauli the kid could have been anything. I know injuries hurt him but he just didn't work hard enough on the field , when he did he was a monster ....

6. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    For mine I was hoping he would be another Junior Paulo, but you are correct Ethan. Just did not seem committed enough alas. Wish him well especially on the injury front in ESL.

Ethan likes this.
  7. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    He was big. Aside from that was average at best.

8. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

A few times there he monstered the opposition but just for short periods but good luck to him if he puts in he will kill it in S/L ..

9. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He played his best footy for Parramatta as a teenager before he grew too big.

Ethan likes this.
  10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Jason Hoogerworf

Pity the heart wasn't big like the body

11. cowboyman

cowboyman Adam Woolnough

Hospitality
    Was always lazy and had no ticker. Said it from day 1 he would end up being nothing. One of many kids to come through looking great simply because they were so much bigger during the age divisions that eventuated to nothing.

12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Jason Moodie

Read an article today about the Knights denying any interest in Hayne. Thank god.

But the interesting part for me was a quote from Brown saying "Ponga will be our fullback next year, so we will be recruiting in other areas". Paraphrasing but he definitely said Ponga was the fullback. Seems to me Brown has him fairly well locked in for the FB spot at least at the outset. And no doubt given plenty of rope.

Tasgirl likes this.
  13. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    He isn't going to get better starting the season in reserves. He hasall the tools to be elite, frustrates me when people think he isn't walking into the 1 jersey.

If he needs to have a run in reserves at some point then fair enough, but round 1 is not going to help his cause.

member 2299, Tasgirl, Beatell and 2 others like this.