Your team for 2018

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Ponga has been promised the F/B spot , Watson the 6 and Ese,ese a starting Prop position if they don't get them then how can we expect others to sign with a team that makes promises but doesn't uphold them ...If they are not up to scratch after a few games and someone else is then that's ok but they have to start the season if they were told they would Which the reports I read daid they were told that ....
    Also there is so much conjecture about how much Ponga is on the report I read said $350,000 a season unless he plays rep then it goes up a lot but you hear people saying $550,000 up to a Million.....Seems like a load of rubbish to me ......I don't mind $350,000 a season and even if it doubles if he plays rep because he will have proven he is worth it ...

2. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

When was Ese Ese promised a starting prop spot?

3. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

1 Ponga 2 Skd 3 Sione 4 Moga 5 Ross 6 Watson 7 Lamb 8 Ese,ese 9 Levi 10 D Saifiti 11 Fitzy 12 Guerra 13 Barnett 14 Buhrer 15 Lillyman 16 J saifiti 17 Heighington 18 King....Personally I would rather SKD at centre but I don't think Sione can stay in the forwards and I think Fitzy was better anyway but I wouldn't want to let Sione go so back to centre imo .

4. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

It said in the paper that He said that the reason he signed was because he was offered a starting prop spot

5. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Ahh fair enough. Missed that

Ethan likes this.
  6. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Jason Hoogerworf

Offered could very well have been "come to us and we offer you the chance to be a starting prop/fback/No.6" it's up to you to grab it.
    I think the three positions will be filled by Ese'ese, Ponga and Watson barring injuries because they are the best and no promise of position was actually required or needed.

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    When we were discussing Sione earlier in the year Ethan, remember you said he would never return to the outside backs?

I don't think there is much else available for him. I agree with your selection and he and SKD could switch position if defending or attacking, for example SKD to wing for a high cross kick on the last etc.

Lefty likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Yeah I did and I still think Brown would not move him if he had a choice but what else can they do now with all these head knocks he's had ...Personally I would prefer Skd at centre just to get the ball in his hands more but Sione back to centre and Skd outside him would still work and as you say Skd would be better under the high ball at wing ....Also I guess if Sione goes back to centre that gives us more cash to buy another good B/Rower or Prop or someone that can play both ....

9. cowboyman

cowboyman Adam Woolnough

Hospitality
    You can't be serious? On hype alone he will be named number 1 for round 1.

He will get article after article written about him if he is fit and left out of the 17.

Wake up from your long dream. He will be your fullback from round 1.

EASBay17 likes this.
  10. Simon Templar

Simon Templar George Mann

Project Manager
    Cowboy, I am hoping to become a Ponga fan as I have heard good things about him from up there in Cowboy land , but this is the Big League and newspaper articles don't pick sides the coaching staff do, their decisions are based on ability and application over a sustained period.

Lets see how the whole squad matches up, not only in Newspaper articles but through the Preseason but also under the day in day out grind of the season, that is where the full tests come.

Tasgirl likes this.
  11. Beatell

Beatell Matt White

I’m pretty confident Cowboyman in right Ponga will 100% be our starting fullback unless injured for round 1 it’s without doubt in my mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Ask @88Knight4life his on $1.5 million a year and a quillion if he gets his boots on the right feet.

Ethan likes this.
  13. Beatell

Beatell Matt White

88’s been disturbingly quiet of late

Tasgirl likes this.
  14. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Zero chance in hell he isn't in the 1 come round 1.

Beatell likes this.
  15. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Ponga is starting at 1. Even Brown has said it.

16. Lockwire211

Lockwire211 Dan Tolar

We may see something like the roosters did with mini and rts.
    Even though Ross isn’t an established nrl fullback, having him at the back in defence and switching with ponga in attack atleast till he finds his feet may work well.

17. Beatell

Beatell Matt White

Not a bad idea at all, Ross wasn’t the best positionally but no one would talk more

18. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Ross Dawg cannot read defence and was constantly out of position when playing fullback.

He is a winger, and a very good one at that.

19. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Jason Hoogerworf

Agreed leave Ross on the wing, if Ponga is injured or not cutting it play Pythian or Meaney or look for another fullback

20. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Brett Shore

The difference is minichello was a good fullback and could defend well there.
    The difference between Kalyn and Ross in defence is too insiginificsnt to do that imo