Your team for 2018

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 15, 2017.

1. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd Dairi Kovae

Asset Manager
    C5B9679A-E077-459D-859A-48B05E55E768.jpeg
    I was about 9 Beers in. His wife had to separate us!

Edogmilly likes this.
  2. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Haha that's the way

3. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Imagine if we invested in a mini Cam smith. I will **** my pants

4. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

He hasn't pressured Levi for a spot, he was always brought in to play first-grade from the get go. Don't know why people struggle to understand that. Direct Kostjasyn replacement, Levi most likely play 50-60 minutes but missing the first period.

packo and slotmachine like this.
  5. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Its blocked so im gonna assume you said you'd shlt your pants

6. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

He hasn't because they haven't even played a game together yet BUT i remember Levi saying last year that he wanted to be an 80 min hooker this year.. But a hooker carried on the bench for Melbourne in a grand final when they have 80 min Smith has to be good or they would have taken another forward instead ...
    I just think Levi had better be at his best all season because he has Griffin , Watson (As i think Lamb will eventually be the 5/8), and maybe even young Hazard and Starling breathing down his neck....
    I like Levi but if Griffin has what it takes to be better and play for 80 then good on him and that would mean not carrying another hooker on the bench ....Not saying this is what will happen but this is what competition for spots is all about and almost no player doesn't want to start and finish the game ...

7. LEVR

LEVR Banned

I'd say Griffin was injury cover for the forwards and Smith, a contingency for the GF

Through the year, once they had games won they'd give Smith a rest. 10-15 mins a game over the course of a season is a welcomed reduction in workload for a 35 year old hooker whos played 350 games

That's not to say Griffin isn't a good player. Just saying that we shouldn't run with imcomplete assumptions like 'he's good enough to sit Smith on the bench or too good to keep out of the 17'

Very happy to hear Bedsy pump him up tho

8. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Griffin was always brought in to play NRL, don’t know why people thought otherwise. Levi was never going to be an 80 minute hooker this year, and Buhrer is far better suited to his actually position on the edge.

slotmachine likes this.
  9. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    Nah for some reason they have blocked “fabric soften” I will go all out and do this

Ethan and Joshhh like this.
  10. Joshhh

Levi wants to play 80, but doesn't mean Brown thinks he can yet. Brown would love Levi to be an 80 minute player, but at no stage has he shown he thought Levi was ready for it. He's always had Randell & Buhrer, Kostjasyn if he played, all in that tandem role with Levi because he's doesn't think he's up to 80 at this stage. Griffin was signed to continue on that role.

LEVR likes this.
  11. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Levi also isn't a great defender, can't control the ruck.

Let him do what he is best at, running at tired middle defenders.

LEVR and packo like this.
  12. Joshhh

That's it, with Smith getting on these days, they need to make sure they have cover during a game. Griffin wouldn't only be playing 10-15 minutes a game if he was a situation of 'too good to be left out'. I don't think he will let us down at all, but people are seriously getting too much of a hard on just because he's from the Storm, he's no star, he's just a guy there to do a job, a guy that they know will do the job, much of the reason why Melbourne are so good. They have reliable guys while the superstars work their magic.

13. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Exactly. And the reality is this, we have two quality hookers with complimentary attributes and they cost us no more than 500k p/a combined. Imagine if one player could mimic the performance of these two players week to week, they'd surely be a premier hooker in the NRL

Notwithstanding performance, there's no reason why their partnership shouldn't be long-term

14. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

I understand that it will be Griffin starting and Levi coming on later but ....If Danny Buderus can say this about Griffin ..... Slade Griffin is a certainty for the starting hooking position. Danny thinks he’s all class and will be amazing at Newcastle...... Then there is a chance we may get an 80 min hooker who is at least as good if not better than Levi and if that were to happen then we wouldn't have to carry a second hooker ....I like Levi and I'm not that worried about having the 2 hookers in the side but an 80 min hooker doing the job would be better whether that be Levi or Griffin ....

15. LEVR

LEVR Banned

It's not a law that one hooker is better than two

If you have three 80 min backrowers then technically you only need 2 bench spots... Lets say we have two 80 min backrowers, then we have an empty seat on the bench, the best use for which would be a second hooker

Griffin is a great defender but he aint shlt on Levi with ball in hand. And truth be told, Griffin for 40 mins is a better Griffin than one who needs to play 80, same goes for Levi

So the best use of our bench and our players imo is to utilise two hookers, with Levi to come from the bench

My case in point was made in an earlier post, their combine value is peanuts. But there is maybe a couple hookers in the comp that I would swap them two for, if we are to replace them with one player

16. Wobbles

Wobbles John Crooks

Everything's more exciting when there's more than one hooker involved, so I hear...

Matty23 and packo like this.
  17. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Especially when they're constantly touching the ball and servicing the first receiver

*Beaumont readies his keypad and prepares to type*

Beaumont and Wobbles like this.
  18. Wobbles

Wobbles John Crooks

As long as nobody ends up in the blood bin or HIA

LEVR likes this.
  19. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

If that's true and i have my doubts as i would prefer 1 hooker and free up a bench spot for another big forward but it shows how good Smith really is even at his age hey ...

20. Beatell

Beatell Dean Carney

Well that’s the beauty of Griffin can play back row if required and he will as a rotation anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tasgirl likes this.