Your team for 2018

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by krustykraz, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

So many on here say that Sione was a good winger but no good at centre or F/back ( which i think is rubbish imo he was a better centre ) , he's not a 7 or 6 or a 9 so pray tell where would you play him Billy ....Bellamy is a good coach because he paid 3 times what he was allowed for the best players in the country ( Bennett said every coach knows exactly how much each players is on) but Bellamy never got a mention as the biggest cheat of the lot ....
    Pretty sure if Brown could spend what he liked and bought Smith , Cronk , Slater and Inglis to name a few you would be saying the same thing about Brown now ...

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Big 24 months for Brown. Unless we finish bottom 4 I think his safe next year, but unless we show a lot of polish in 2019 tongues will start wagging for sure.

3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Big year for Sione both health and form wise. Hopefully returning to the outside backs will clear his concussion issues and allow him to get back into top form. He will appreciate a good defensive winger outside him like SKD. For mine I would interchange their positions during a match depending on attack or defence to get the best out of both of them.

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Bellamy is a good coach because he gets fair players and turns them into good players, he gets good players and turns them into great players, and he does that by recognising their abilities and making the most of them by the roles he gives them.
    Everyone who trains with Sione, or plays with him or against him raves about his abilities and attributes. The guy is a beast who goes hard and also a great athlete. If Brown can't find a way to use that, he fails coaching 101.

5. Lord of the Skraelings

6. LEVR

LEVR Banned

I think a fair view of Brown's coaching resume shows that he is a coach of real quality

He was very unlucky not to win a premiership with the Dragons in 05' where the Tigers hung on for dear life and somehow managed to win the semi. Then went on to beat the Cowboys in the GF. Imagine Brown had won the Semi, he would have been odds on to win his first premiership

He then gets a shot as a head coach in the super league. Won a title. And was dominant from the get go

And based on how he got our boys playing each and every game, with big effort, and strong growth on an individual level. I personally would be surprised to find out in 2018 that Brown isn't one of the better coaches in the comp, now that he has the troops to compete

EASBay17, Tasgirl and Battler like this.
  7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Bellamy is probably a great coach but much like the QLD debate, I think everything revolves around their core players. They've had the strongest roster of probably the last decade, you could almost put any player that was good enough to make NRL in that side & they will succeed, players succeed in a good environment, with good players, good leaders & good culture. Granted Bellamy is a part of building that culture but he's in control of a coach's paradise. I'm pretty sure Bellamy will retire at the same time as Smith & Slater, he already wanted to retire a few years ago but thought they were going too good to give it up. The heir to Bellamy could be jumping into a coach's trap if their replacements aren't up to scratch straight away, whoever it is, he'll be working in Bellamy's uber successful shadow & have pressure to uphold success.

8. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Maybe Bellamy is that good maybe he isn't but if he is why did he need to cheat and so extensively ...

9. Left Foot

Left Foot Banned

No doubt Sione would improve his game under a coach like Bellamy but he won’t ever be a star.

slotmachine likes this.
  10. LEVR

LEVR Banned

I tend to agree and for the simple reason that he seems incapable of beating his man with ball in hand

11. EASBay17

EASBay17 David Lomax

It took him 4 years to win a comp by cheating, 8 years to win one by the book, which included possibley the most consistent club spine the games seen. good coach yes, but always had the best of the best in key positions.

Ethan likes this.
  12. Lord of the Skraelings

Brown like Hagan walked into a system that was already great and didn't have to do much.

Browns legacy will be the next 2 years.

13. Lord of the Skraelings

Agree, throw in the fact he brought the rassle into the game.

14. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Think you got that wrong Scaleybugs. Should have been 'unlike Hagan'. Browny walked into a train wreck.

See you been busted at 'that other forum'.

Tasgirl and Ethan like this.
  15. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    General consensus then and now still was that that match was the 'real GF' and even Eels fans at the time agreed with the comment.

16. alexwilliams

alexwilliams Willie Mason

Wood machinist
    I think you'll find the general consensus believed back then all year up until the prelim that the GF would've been Parra v St George. Neither of those teams ended up making it.

17. Lord of the Skraelings

Sorry mate?

18. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

1. Kalyn Ponga
    2. Nathan Ross
    3. Tautau Moga
    4. Sione Mata’utia
    5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
    6. Connor Watson
    7. Mitchell Pearce
    8. Jacob Lillyman
    9. Danny Levi
    10. Daniel Saifiti
    11. Aidan Guerra
    12. Jamie Buhrer
    13. Mitch Barnett
    14. Chris Heighington
    15. Herman Ese’ese
    16. Jacob Saifiti
    17. Brock Lamb

1. All About NRL predicts this as the round 1 side not sure who All About Nrl is but , how much better does even that side look than we have had for some time ...Although i personally think it will take them 2018 to settle in and to learn to play as a team ( so not expecting too much) its still bloody exciting .

Tasgirl likes this.
  19. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

this is just a copy and paste from nrl.com

20. alexwilliams

alexwilliams Willie Mason

Wood machinist
    It's a bit pointless having Lamb on the bench...