Walrus King's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Fan Corner' started by Walrus King, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Pieguyfly

Pieguyfly Matthew Johns

It's definitely a vast improvement. Your visual heirarchy and organization is a lot more ordered. You seem to have focused what you're trying to do a bit more. Personally, if you're using text that is a bit more 'natural' than a font like arial etc, then try and work that into the photo. If you're going to center everything it might make more sense to revert back to a normal font. Also your text mgiht need to stand out more in the photo because it gets lost in the black and white, so try some outward glow and bevel effects in whatever program you're using. Lastly i think this is just plain bad luck but the text seems to align with the bottom of the number 8's jersey which kind of throws off the eye a bit...You might want to change the alignment of the text.

Just my thoughts...but don't let that get you down, it's actually looking really good now.

2. Walrus King

Walrus King The King of Walrus'

School and TAFE
    Thanks Pie. Yeah I agree it does throw off the eye a bit but yeah it is a big improvement but i'll keep working on it.

Added after 33 minutes:

Hey guys, I was bored and decided to make a new one, using Picnik.com again. I think it's improved from the GIMP ones and maybe an improvement from my last one, so anyways here it is. Keith Lulia.jpg
    So please tell me what you think, this was just a muck around one but it turned out alright. thanks guys.

Added after 44 minutes:

Hey guys, this is my last before I go to sleep, geez I'm so tired. I just quickly threw this one together now, not sure if it's good it's of Aku Uate. Now, I know he is no longer a Fiji International because he got an Australian citizenship, but this was when he played for Fiji in the world cup. Aku Banner.jpg I know its small, so if you want a bigger size, just click on the pic and it should come up in a bigger size, not sure how big though. Also the writing it quite hard to see, I'll make a different one later today and post it up maybe, depending on how tired i am later. Well I'm off, and please, give your honest opinion i need to know the truth to improve. Thanks, Walrus. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    This is definitely a big improvement from your other previous signatures. Has quite a good size and goes across ways, pretty ordinary text though. Just keep looking up tutorials, you'll improve heaps!

4. -Patrick-

-Patrick- Dank memes n' big screens

Flip flop artist @ Pizza Hut
    Love the AKU one Walrus.

5. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    Thanks Matty and -GG- . Yeah I'll look up tuts later and hopefully get alot better. I'm gonna start making a new one soon don't know who on though.

6. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    maddog.jpg

This is my latest one, yet again, using picnik. Tell me if its good or bad, where there is room for improvement and stuff, any feedback is appreciated :)

7. -Patrick-

Very hard to see the writing

8. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    i know no need to point it out. -.-

9. Vallabinho

Vallabinho Beat Uate in 100m

Make them wide instead of a square.

10. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    i know but i forgot how to do that hahaha

11. -Patrick-

I agree, yours look more like avatars, try to find a thinner images

12. Vallabinho

Vallabinho Beat Uate in 100m

Just edit the image. Make the canvas size wide and then place your main image and edit and size it so it fits in. Then just add some effects.

13. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    New pic, thoughts?

Danny buderus Complete.jpg

So yeah, this is my latest one, just made it like 10 minutes ago, thoughts please? I personally think it's alright. Feedback and tips would be appreciated.

14. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    Me & Darren Lockyer.jpg

This is a photo of me with Darren Lockyer when Australia did their match in Newcastle, they were staying at the Executive Inn at Wests, New Lambton.
    Photography by Corey Parker.
    I have a few other pics of me with footy players, I might upload them soon, just this one it going as my Display Picture. :)

15. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Your signatures just seem more like wallpapers or avatars to me. Try making them go across ways and smaller.

16. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    I'm not really trying to make signitures, im just putting edited pictures up..

17. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    James Mcmanus_edited-1.jpg

This is my first attempt at a photoshop edit, still learning with photoshop to bare with me, I haven't learnt everything about it yet so yeah tips are appreciated and also any positive and negative comments will be appreciated. :)

18. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Interesting effect. Keep practising with it and google some tutorials, you will improve heaps in no time!

19. Walrus King

School and TAFE
    Thanks James, yeah the effect was like this fuzzy thing can't remember what it's called. And I blurred the background, if you look at Junior Sau in the background his face is blurred. & As I said, my first go on photoshop so yeah, I can only improve from here on in. :)

20. jamesgould

jamesgould Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus Staff Member Admin

Yep, I noticed you blurred the background, it helps McManus stand out, so it works well.

Others will be able to give much better tips than me, but if I came out with that the first time I used photoshop I'd be happy - it's a good start! :D