Tyrone Roberts

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Wobbles, Jun 27, 2018.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

No idea why he still had people apologising for him doing nothing after 100 first grade games.

2. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

If he is cheap then yes, we need a backup half but i doubt he wants to play reserves thats the reason he left here. I know he would love to come back though..

Actually now thinking about the loss of slade and potentially his career it might be a good idea to get him for a bench spot... depends on the coin though

3. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I would offer him a cheap contract and see if he would take it imo he is a better player than when he was here before and we are going to need a back up half especially if Lamb goes as well as Cogger

4. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He’s a better half than Watson in all aspects except running game, and he isn’t too far behind there either.

danknights likes this.
  5. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Dave Woods

I am a better half than Watson and so is everyone else on the forum!
    I wish Scott Dureau was still playing, now that guy had it all!

6. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    LOL I won't pick at the rest of the post, but I've never seen Watson do anything but try his guts out while you'd swear to God 19/20 games Watson had found the best place to hide in a game, playing hide and seek.

7. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Josh Perry

Tyrone had the privilege of growing up breathing in that sweet sweet local air, so Watson never really had a chance.

Edogmilly likes this.
  8. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I like the way Watson is getting better and better at 5/8 still needs to work on his passing game but that will come in time .. I wouldn't swap Watson for Tyrone at all but Tyrone would be a good back up for injuries anywhere in the spine .

9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

I wouldn't be swapping Watson for Tyrone either. I'm looking forward to seeing Pearce back and how that dynamic with Watson works with the proper halves pairing Brown wants. A shame Ponga will miss a few weeks to bring that third attacking option.

10. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Watson has made more clean breaks in the last 8 games than Roberts did in 5 years at the club.

Edogmilly likes this.
  11. Billy

Can't kick, can't pass, couldn't run a play to save his life.
    The kid who played 5/8 in our under 16s this year has more actual halves skills.
    Watson is a very good fullback, a decent hooker, and is a total pretender at 5/8.
    Roberts isn't the greatest half in the world, but he is an actual, genuine half.

Wobbles likes this.
  12. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Watson is our 5/8. End of. Deal with it. *snaps fingers in a sassy manner*

88Knight4life likes this.
  13. Billy

I'll have to put up with it while we keep winning so many games...…. Oh, wait!!!!!

14. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Yawn

Matty23 likes this.
  15. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

Seemed to be doing ok when we had Pearce at half and Watson at 5/8, you know, before we lost half our team to injury.

Brown does not want a regular ball playing 5/8. Looks like you will be putting up with it for quite a while.

16. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Watson has stepped up his involvement since he came back. And he simply had to with Pearce going down. It might have happened regardless, maybe it was just an adjustment thing, but it puts our halves in a good stead with him having found his place in the team now & then Pearce to slot in as the dominant halfback he is. Hopefully Watson keeps up that involvement whenever he pairs up with Pearce again in the halves.

17. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    I wonder if Billy will still hang around once Lamb has been cut from the club.

18. BargeArse

BargeArse Gary Wurth

Yeah, he’s got better genuine half skills, most notably his passing game and kicking game. Yet, Watson is clearly the better, more dynamic, all-around football player. Superior athlete, better defender, stronger running game, more versatility, extremely competitive, 5 years younger, higher upside, etc.

Would take Roberts as a backup half on backup coin. Cogger is gone and is proving to be below first grade quality anyway. Still think Lamb has some potential, but he’s been poor this season in limited time. He’s also off contract and likely leaving IMO. Could do worse than Roberts as depth.

19. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Don't push it Barge.

Billy will never agree whilst he runs his own little 'gang' of locals!

20. Billy

This forum has a massive love affair for Watson.
    Oddly, all say we have underperforming halves, but claim the older and more experienced one is going great, it's just his junior partner letting them down.
    Meanwhile, Bedsy's comment on Watson having a good game the other day was that he needed it because there were serious questions over his form and place in the team.

I don't blame Watson. He has many good qualities and could be used in a number of ways.
    The coach has given him a job he shows no signs of being able to do - not his fault.