Tyrone Roberts

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Wobbles, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles Tony Herman

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/ex...a/news-story/65c357d7e40e6cedd2c92c3b9885b83d

ROBERTS TO RETURN HOME

Former Gold Coast halfback Tyrone Roberts will leave Warrington at the end of the year after just one season in Super League.

The 27-year-old joined the Wolves from NRL side the Titans as a marquee signing but his three-year contract included an option to return home at the end of the 2018 campaign, which he has taken up for compassionate reasons.

“It’s been a tough decision, but my family and I have decided to take up the option to head home to Australia at the end of the season,” said Roberts.

“Since moving here I’ve found it really tough to adapt and being so far away from family back home made it harder.

“My family and I have loved our time here in Warrington and we would like to thank the club and staff for being so welcoming.

“I’d like to thank the boys as well. They’re a good bunch of lads and I’m proud to pull on a jersey each week with them.

“I am 100 per cent committed to the club and the boys and I are keen to bring a trophy home at the end of the season.”

Warrington, who are third in Super League and in the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup, have been linked with a move to lure former St Helens playmaker Kyle Eastmond back from rugby union as a marquee player.

2. nunnsy

nunnsy Charlie McAlister

I would take him back as a nsw cup/ back up option can play halves/hooker/ fullback. Would have been good for us if we had him this year with our injuries.

3. krustykraz

krustykraz Rodney Howe

Would be good for reserves/injury cover on a cheap contract. I liked the way he was playing for the Titans

4. Wobbles

Wobbles Tony Herman

New playing group, coaching and management structure should wipe the slate clean for a fresh start if so desired.

He was going pretty well at the Titans and looks like Warrington were performing as well, the experience should serve him well.

Losing Lamb won't do us any favours in depth, a signing like Roberts wouldn't hurt at the right price.

He won't be short of options, the Doggies and Manly are thin in the halves, maybe Parra as well in the mix if Norman leaves.

5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He would be a great player to bring back.
    As above can cover the spine and would probably come home for 150k.

6. Wobbles

Wobbles Tony Herman

Not to mention he's more than a handy goal kicker

7. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Been mentioned that he’s more than likely returning to the Titans.

8. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

yeah i heard he is going to Titans

Defender1 likes this.
  9. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

Yep. Heard the same.

10. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Comments from Garth Brennan

"I have spoken to Tyrone’s management but I don’t think we can get anywhere near the money he is on [at Warrington}," Brennan said.

"I believe there are other clubs who have shown interest too. One of the roles we are looking to fill is a utility role. We lost Tyrone who played that role last season and Karl [Lawton] at the start of this year.

"To have someone who can cover nine, seven, six and one is a real attraction. But whether he is willing to come back in that utility role and on that sort of utility money is the stumbling block."

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2018...means-roberts-no-certainty-for-titans-return/

11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Sadly sounds like we will be priced out for what he wants and you would assume he had some pretty concrete offers to turn his nose up at decent money.

12. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

He won't be looking to be playing reserve grade so no point chasing him. We have our utility players already.

Pass.

13. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Why chase him?

He was pretty ordinary here most games and was on the receiving end of buckets of criticism, or have you guys forgotten? For mine about the same as Lamby!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    ASJ82 likes this.
  14. nunnsy

nunnsy Charlie McAlister

I was a fan of tyrone consistency was a massive problem for him but his good games were very good and even it his average games he still resembled a nrl half just not a good one. Lamby hasnt even looked like a nrl half this year.

15. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Makes me wonder how Roberts would go with a forward pack that is going forward because he never had that here .

16. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    let’s be honest Roberts game management was terrible we were crying for a smart half to partner Mullen at the time.

17. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Think he's proven himself to be a good impact utility to slot somewhere in the spine in the middle of a game on backup money. But also proven himself to be a terrible starting half when he has any real responsibility.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Nothing wrong with what Roberts did - he just didn't do enough of it.
    He didn't have the motor to play hard for 80 minutes.
    If he has developed more stamina with age, as a lot of guys do in their late 20s, he could still have his best years ahead of him.
    He certainly has a wealth of experience now.

19. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Anyone will look better in a good and improved team and I think he is no different. But it seems like as others have mentioned not really a chance of happening

I am interested to know which other teams have offered him something too as I'm skeptical the market and demand for him is high. Haven't followed him in super league so for all we know he could be an ok player in a good team

20. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Well his kicking game was consistently average, never ending non threatening bombs in the opposition 20 to finish every set off. Repeat sets can't be that hard to go for can they.