Trial vs Canberra Raiders @ Seiffert Oval

I've never rated Wighton either. A lot of people were saying he should've been our NSW fullback 2-3 years ago, I just thought they were crazy.

Wighton is as tough as nail, hits like a truck and is fairly skilful. But he makes really bad decisions/mistakes too often to a true top tier FB.

All it would take is one video session to see his faults. 1 sided attack every time. Big fend easily defended. Ball carry in the same arm. Don't get me wrong. Great fullback defensively but easily caught out.

That try assist at 2 mins 12 seconds nearly made me jizz my pants. Croker hit that hole so cleanly, and the ball was so late.... Imo there's no better feeling in rugby league that putting someone in a hole like that. I had a mate who used to make runs off me like that, and half the time i didnt see him coming he'd just make the call really fkn late and I'd just toss it out infront of him. The sound of the ball hitting his chest on the burst and then watching him sail through a handful of defenders.. mate, ballisimo!

Look there's no doubt he's a very, very good player but there are a few blokes ahead of him for the NSW no.1 position

Oath,

I also agree he aint my top pick for nsw either but id have him in our team and he would be first picked every week imo.
Speed power great D and has more skill them many other fullbacks atm.

Its quite funny how in todays game a fullback is the main point of any backline movement and to think that Canberra scored the most points in 2016 by a mile was a lot to do with Wightons play.
Yet as per the norm on here some dont rate a player and others do.

Wighton is as tough as nail, hits like a truck and is fairly skilful. But he makes really bad decisions/mistakes too often to a true top tier FB.

He also misses a lot of tackles too his no doubt got all the attributes to be amazing but like many guys before him his a stupid footballer who makes dumb decisions. He wouldn't even make my raiders backline if I was their coach santo is a much better option for them

That try assist at 2 mins 12 seconds nearly made me jizz my pants. Croker hit that hole so cleanly, and the ball was so late.... Imo there's no better feeling in rugby league that putting someone in a hole like that. I had a mate who used to make runs off me like that, and half the time i didnt see him coming he'd just make the call really fkn late and I'd just toss it out infront of him. The sound of the ball hitting his chest on the burst and then watching him sail through a handful of defenders.. mate, ballisimo!

Look there's no doubt he's a very, very good player but there are a few blokes ahead of him for the NSW no.1 position

I got put into a whole at Dora Creek 1 day playing for Windale AR's. I took 1 long, hard look at how far it was to the try line and cramped.

Even better than that Kenny was playing on wet, muddy fields and being able to crunch those crappy smart *** halves trying to nip through the line. A back rowers dream!!

Back