Toohey's News

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by slotmachine, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Sione should be centre until Moga returns and even then there’s no guarantee Moga will be rushed back until he’s 100% ready to go.

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    We have a past of caving into people having dummy spits in the media. AKA the Ross contract, Tapine release. Lets hope we set a precedent and ignore him.

3. Lord of the Skraelings

What happens after that though? He needs a preseason to get some bulk imo or he'd get killed at a centres playing weight in the backrow.

Lefty likes this.
  4. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

There is no debate over Sione at Centre next year as Brown has already said he won't be at Centre, moving to the back row, hasn't he?.

I can't see why we don't still need both Ross and Sio at least for next year. We complain we don't have depth in positions yet are getting rid of Sio.

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Why should he be centre. Call me old fashioned but an NRL centre should be able to defend at centre.

6. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    Sione was doing just fine at the back end of the season after a poor start to the year. I’m sure he’ll be fine. Where does he fit in otherwise with Fitzgibbon, Guerra, Glasby, Barnett?

7. slotmachine

You might not have noticed, but Sione started going OK from the Eels game when he stopped defending at centre and Watson had to do it. But the Sharks game, when Watson wasn't there, confirmed nothing had changed, Sione made Luke Capewell look like prime GI in attack.

And why do you need to find a spot for him? If he's not one of the best two centres, or best 3/4 backrowers, then he doesn't get a gig.

This is turning into the same discussion as Watson getting first crack at 5/8 last off-season. Brown has said Sione isn't playing centre, and the fact the club is trying to sign Jennings just backs that up.

Wobbles likes this.
  8. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Sione was defending at 5/8 from rd10 ish

He started to look more and more confident as the year went on after that switch.

I still thick he's not big enough for the backrow either, even if he got to 105kg at 6'0 he'd then become to slow and the 6'3 105kg backrowers would have a blast.

Not sure what to do with him, I think the bench is a good spot to start with, and hope he could jump in to hooker if need be as well as covering centre and backrow

9. slotmachine

I'm not really sure what brown wants to do with his bench, and probably hinges on what players we pick up, but you probably need two props, someone that can cover lock/backrow, and then a utility that can also play hooker (if you don't have an 80 minute hooker).

Fitz and Guerra can do 80 quality minutes on the edges.

10. Lord of the Skraelings

Careful mate I got villified for a solid 12 months for pointing that out.

11. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

And have the speed to run the length if they make a break, not get run down after 30 meters.

Sione isn't an NRL centre, if he goes to the bench what happens to Buhrer?

We are back at the same convo as in the past, Sione really doesn't fit any position as his position.

12. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Sam Ayoub is a prick, Always has been and always will be

If the offer to Ken isn't satisfactory to them then by all means look elsewhere

How the **** does this even make sense:

“They basically offered him half of what he was on last season. When I met with them again a few weeks ago, I said to them all they needed to do was find an extra $20,000 to $30,000 and we could get it over the line because Kenny is keen to stay.

So he is willing to have is salary reduced by 40% but not 45% or 50% ????

He could make more in ESL so why don't you do your ****ing job and get him a bigger deal Sam instead of going public and bagging the **** out of our club ???

Matty23, mozza and knightime like this.
  13. knightime

knightime Brian Quinton

Yep, he should exhale and never inhale again.

I wonder if the extra $20k-$30k would be Ayoub’s cut from Sio’s new deal. If so, Sio could do better negotiating with the Club direct.

I’m sure Sio and Denniss are great blokes, but I’m glad the Club is sticking to its guns with paying players what they’re worth.

14. R_A

R_A Darren Albert

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    There is next to no interest in Sio in the NRL and his manager is expecting more money? Lol. If he can get a better 3 year deal in the ESL then that's fine by me. We aren't in the position to hand out contracts like they are cereal box prizes anymore so I applaud the club for not budging like they did with Ross before.

15. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

100% he is. Just look at what he has done with Peachey. Its a wonder people still go with him!

16. Lord of the Skraelings

Playing the devils advocate his job is to get his players the most money and his bloody good at it.

17. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Ard you suggesting we pay a reserve grade depth player more than he's worth? Because we aren't getting rid of him, we're just making his salary more appropriate to his position in the team.

18. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Ayoub said the offer from the Knights was short by 20-30k. That is chicken feed really.

19. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Sio is our current top try scorer and point scorer for 2018, some respect should be shown and asking for less than his last contract price, hate the squabble not sure about figures/price but he wants to stay at reduced price am having trouble understanding why this is occurring, not any where near our best but is top point scorer.

20. luke46

luke46 Nathan Ross

Last year SKD and Sio were our first grade wingers and earnt nrl money. Next year SKD and Lee are our first grade wingers and are on nrl money. Sio is now our reserve grade winger and is on reserve grade money.....