Todd Carney

If we invest our money on building one of the best forward packs in the game, Lamb, Watson and Ponga will flourish next year. I dont see the need to buy another half. we also have Cogger, Hodko, phythian & Johns as back ups.

Answer this Barge.

How well has he gone in the final series? Started on the way to being the next Robbie Farrah.

Answer this Barge.

How well has he gone in the final series? Started on the way to being the next Robbie Farrah.

Didn't play in the finals, but I'm guessing that's your point.

I dunno what the go is with the Moylan/Panthers situation, likely never will, but something sounds off to me. Wouldn't surprise me if Gus/Griffin shat the bed with managing whatever the situation was. The personal leave excuse was a cop out. I heard he wanted to play in the finals and they stuck with May instead. IMO that could've been the difference between winning/losing to Broncos. They created some chances but lacked that class outside Cleary who could finish plays and make the right decisions with the ball in hand. Moylan is 10x the player of May and Edwards.

Didn't te Marie martin sleep with Moylan mrs and that's why he went to the cowboys causing rift in panthers camp?

Didn't te Marie martin sleep with Moylan mrs and that's why he went to the cowboys causing rift in panthers camp?

There's been lots of speculation about Martin sleeping with a teammates missus, but I don't buy it. Gus has came out publicly and defended him. I highly doubt he would go to bat for him and shoot down all the rumours if it were true, but he did. Claimed it was all a media beat up. Why not let his name get dragged through the mud if it were true? He was already released by Penrith so no harm to them.

Moylan was disciplined early in the year for boozing and got the pooheys and withdrew his services.

On the route of being a coach killer.

It was Trent Merrin's missus which now all makes complete sense as it wasn't a one off thing. Moylan had other drug addiction issues but with them shipping off Jennings and Roberts for loving the white line it's no surprise either.

If we invest our money on building one of the best forward packs in the game, Lamb, Watson and Ponga will flourish next year. I dont see the need to buy another half. we also have Cogger, Hodko, phythian & Johns as back ups.

My understanding is Johns is headed to the Storm? Not 100% sure.

Moylan was disciplined early in the year for boozing and got the pooheys and withdrew his services.

On the route of being a coach killer.

What do you mean he withdrew his services?

He got disciplined for breaking team curfew (a minor indiscretion per the team) with Peter Hiku and Waqa Blake, all of whom were dropped the next week vs Souths. Moylan went straight back into captaincy when he returned the week after IIRC.

I've heard he had a falling out with Griffin, but not over that incident.

My understanding is Johns is headed to the Storm? Not 100% sure.

STORM SIGN PEDIGREE HALF

The last name Johns is synonymous with rugby league and Melbourne will be hoping they can develop the next generation of Johns playmaker when the youngest son of Matt Johns joins the Storm next season.

Market Watch can reveal the Storm have signed Cooper Johns on a two-year development deal.

Cooper wasn’t born when his father at and uncle Andrew steered Newcastle to their first premiership in 1997, while he was a youngster when Johns was a consultant at the Storm.

Turning 18 next year, Johns already has a great understanding of the game.

Johns wore the No.6 in Manly’s SG ball side which was littered with famous names including Albert Hopoate, John Hopoate’s son Albert, Ben Trbojevic, the younger brother of Tom and Jake and Solomon Haumono’s son Maile.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-market-watch-another-dog-departs-frank-pritchards-future-storm-sign-pedigree-half/news-story/0cf961e0c335a9849107b75ab8ff0073

Last edited by a moderator:
Younger brothers are often better due to the benefit of competing against older bigger brother in back yard and picking up hints during it.
Believe Matty was an excellent player who would have been rated higher if not always compared to Andrew who probably learned a lot from him.
For mine, both great players, hope both the sons turn out good, big name to carry.

I don't think Jack Johns took football too seriously till this year.
He never made any of the Manly junior sides, and you could see he had a lot to learn this year.
His defence was very hit and miss early in the NYC season, but improved game after game, till he finished the year as arguably our best under 20s defender.
Even in attack, at the start of the year it was all individual stuff with few efforts to link with team mates, but by the end of the year he looked like a polished playmaker in a few games - one game in particular he was outstanding.
There have been photos of him doing individual sessions with his father, and I think he went all out this year to train and get individual coaching at basically a fulltime level. You could see him improving over the season as the effort paid off.
He still has a long way to go, but i'd expect him to do really well in reserve grade next year and to improve rapidly.

Back