Tim Grant

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by roger88, May 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Umm we got that marquee prop... GLASBY

2. Joey1245

Joey1245 Adrian Shelford

That’s why I have put import can slot In to prop also

Jaybro likes this.
  3. Joey1245

Joey1245 Adrian Shelford

Are you being silly!?!?!

88Knight4life likes this.
  4. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

Whether or not you count Glasby a marquee prop we still need another prop, ideally better than any we already have

5. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

Sorry missed that, hopefully we get one good enough to start with Dan or Herm or Glasby

Joey1245 likes this.
  6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I dont rate Glasby.

He will be solid in D but he aint the man to lead them around or make the opposition look out for him

Joey1245 likes this.
  7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Glasby definately not in Marquee class, good steady player, see him as a replacement for Lillyman/Heighinton but we need more, replacing same with same won't get us there.

8. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Dean Carney

Is Ah Mau still coming????

88Knight4life likes this.
  9. Lefty

Lefty Chris Joynt

No. Haven’t you heard that he has signed with the Warriors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Grant is a solid 18th man option. Glasby is a solid bench option but we still need a solid starting option imo

11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Still 2 top props off for mine. Ese is way better at lock.

12. Nickwpearce

Nickwpearce Banned

Yep two starting props

Glasby and Grant to replace Chris and Lillyman

13. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

What’s the difference? How does his game change? Serious question. Both middle third forwards. Does he grow an extra arm and a leg wearing #13 as opposed to #8? I don't really get it.

slotmachine likes this.
  14. BargeArse

We can still upgrade the prop position, but I don’t see why Glasby is only viewed as a solid bench option. He doesn’t provide much impact but is solid, trustworthy and does the little things well. To an extent, he’s like a prop version of Slade Griffin. I’d probably rather he start, get us in the grind, completing our sets, strong defensively – then bring some punch off the bench.

Lefty and Joey1245 like this.
  15. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    In my opinion and its just that props are expected to take your 1 - 2 punch hit ups and just plow up the middle, whilst locks are expected to play more of a support role and be selective in their runs, generally with more gas in the tank tackle more as well.

16. BargeArse

The best lock in the game is Taumalolo and he plays like a prop. Always leads his team in hit ups and metres. Rarely in tackles though.

17. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

Each side would play their lock slightly different, but generally yes there isn’t much difference.

Some sides have their 13 do more defence than attack like Penrith with JFB and Knights with Guerra, whilst others have their 13’s taking plenty of hit ups like Cows with JT and Sharks with Gallen

Others let their 13 play with some freedom to ball play like Jake Trbo at Manly whilst JDB from Saints does a bit of everything.

Each side does it differently and I guess it comes down to what type of player they have, I feel TPJ could be the best lock in the game if he’s allowed to roam the field through the middle and the edges.

Joshhh likes this.
  18. Jaybro

Jaybro Brett Grogan

I think this is how most sides differ between a lock or a prop

19. BargeArse

I feel like 99% of the time it depends solely on the player.

I’ve seen both Asiata and Fensom play lock for Cowboys. Both very different results to how Taumalolo plays. Nothing to do with the role. Asiata, despite his size, is more finesse and fancies himself a bit of a ball player. Fensom is more defence. Taumalolo, however, is more wrecking ball who takes 20 hitups for 200 metres.

Fisher-Harris for Penrith is more of a defensive player. That’s how he leaves his mark on the game. It wasn’t the same when Merrin was playing lock though, and certainly not when Peachey has played there.

Trbojevic at Manly is a very skilled, high IQ forward with playmaking ability. That’s why he does what he does at lock, not because that’s designed by position at Manly. On the weekend Lane played lock. He was not the playmaker Trbojevic is. Same jersey. Same position. Different player. Different result.

Gallen is straight up and down for Cronulla like a prop. You said as much. Did you see how Paulo played for them at lock recently when Gallen was injured? Paulo didn’t play anything like an up and down prop reminiscent of Gallen. He played his own game which is a finesse, skilled, ball playing forward.

At Souths, Sam Burgess vs Cameron Murray. At Tigers, Matthew Eisenhuth vs Elijah Taylor. Not even remotely similar, neither comparison, yet both players share the lock position at their respective clubs.

I could go on and on, but the point is it’s not necessarily the jersey or the role assigned to that specific position, it’s the player and him playing to his strengths.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Jaybro likes this.
  20. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    And how the coach dictates also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.