Tim Glasby signs with Knights on a 3 year deal

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by 88Knight4life, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

No doubt we need someone of a higher calibre than Glasby to transform into a premiership contender. Graham is one of my favourite players of all time, it will always sadden me knowing that he became a Dragon instead, even as a half broken down front rower on his last legs, all the heart in the world. I have no problems with Glasby, but hopefully we sign a Pangai or even Ah Mau first.

2. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    I still can’t believe the Bulldogs are paying Graham $500k to play for the Dragons and $950k for Woods in their team...amazing. Even a broken down Graham is showing more heart and plays with more punch then Woods!!

It’s a damn shame we don’t need second rowers, RFM is so legit and I’ve liked Martin too.

Anyway it’s hard to question what Brown and Mooney have done so far so we just have to trust their judgement

3. BargeArse

BargeArse Gary Wurth

I think McLean is a nice front rower. He doesn’t really have a “big” name and has never played for Blues. Prior to his injury, I thought this was the year for him.

In comparison, Woods is soft and has seemingly always got by on his name in terms of getting rep jumpers. Has never been worthy IMO. He’s really crapping the bed this year for Bulldogs too. It really is laughable that they’re paying him $1 million or whatever it is. He’s barely worth half of that. Never been a fan of his.

Agree about Vaughan last year and was screaming for him to be picked by the Blues. We never seem to pick the strongest 17 but. Hopefully Freddy can turn things around. I’m optimistic.

4. EASBay17

EASBay17 Mick Jenkins

But if we landed graham would we of got pearce? Id rather pearces leadership and ability over grahams

5. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Yeah we would need a halfback more badly, it depends on what was on offer. And if we were able to get a discount on his salary if the dogs were paying it.

To be fair though it’s not often when a players of Pearce’s caliber gets pushed out the door of their club

6. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I don't know why we couldn't, we had tonnes of money, Bulldogs were going to pay a huge chunk of Graham's contract. Matt Scott was the original prop target, we missed out so Graham was the next one, Lillyman was the one we eventually got. That was the spot we were hoping to have Graham in. Unfortunately though he didn't want to come, probably a mixture of not wanting to leave Sydney & not thinking we would challenge for the top 8. Hopefully with Pearce on board now & Ponga running around, we shouldn't have any more issues attracting players based on the lack of quality of our roster.

Lefty likes this.
  7. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

8. EASBay17

EASBay17 Mick Jenkins

True true

9. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Think he done well tonight. Lets see how the talks go now

10. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

We might have scared him off last night!

11. josh2010

12. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

I see him as a swap for the loss of Heighinton or possibly Lillyman, not a fix to our problem, big, hard, nasty front rower.

Barry Crush likes this.
  13. krustykraz

krustykraz David Fa'alogo

TIM GLASBY A KNIGHT?

Newcastle are zeroing in on Melbourne Storm forward Tim Glasby with a monster deal worth closer to $600,000 a season.

The no-nonsense QLD Origin forward is just days away from making a decision on whether to leave Melbourne or switch to Newcastle.

Knights hooker Slade Griffin, who moved from the Storm last year, has spoken to Glasby about the benefit of joining Newcastle.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...els-todd-payten-nrl/r35ls0ntk3f716k8eh6jjzrw8

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  14. nunnsy

nunnsy Michael Hagan

Massive pass from me if the $600,000 a season reported is anywhere near correct

packo likes this.
  15. josh2010

Sportingnews is hardly a reliable source

16. josh2010

So i wouldn't look too much into it

17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Current rep prop, thats the money they can demand.
    Is he worth it? No imo.
    Id rather give Ah Mau 500k

18. TheBatman

TheBatman Todd Anderson

Wouldn't trust that source. Another source somewhere else said we balked at 600k for Pangai. If we're not paying 600 for TPJ we're not paying it for an older, less effective, less impactful and lower potential guy in Glasby.

Jaybro likes this.
  19. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

I'm not a Woods fan either but if he has (always got by on his name) he must have earnt that name at some stage ...

20. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Up till 1/2 time last night Glasby was the best forward on the field especially in Defence .