Tim Glasby signs with Knights on a 3 year deal

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by 88Knight4life, Apr 8, 2018.

1. krustykraz

krustykraz Steve Linnane

Same. ive never taken notice of him before, i atempted to tonight because we signed him but he's like a non event.

2. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That big kiwi prop in under 20s, Jirah Momoisea, looks like he might develop into a good player. I googled him and he signed for Melbourne last year after 1 year of playing league, so this year is just his 3rd year of league. He has a similar build to Pasami Saulo.
    Our other starting prop in under 20s, Matt Croker, is a year younger and has made every rep side and won every award for the last 3 years. He is a bit small for a prop, but has every skill possible. He is like a ball playing prop.

Barry Crush likes this.
  3. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Just goes to show how crap QLD depth is in the front row. This guy has an angel overlooking his career. Being in the infamous storm system and QLD origin side desperate for front rowers. Has cashed in big time now.

4. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

I only watched a bit of the game but at half time the (hard working index ) or whatever its called had Glasby 2nd so what did he do to deserve that if people who watched it say he did not much ...As i said i didn't watch it so just asking .

5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He does a lot of work off the ball, decoy runs, chasing from marker, pressure on the kicker etc.

He will be good for us but wont provide the mongrel or meters we want from a prop.

member 2299 and Ethan like this.
  6. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Based on last night's effort you'd prefer Josh king

7. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Tony Kemp

Retired
    Glasby is opposite to Woods in he does the 1% lot of work off the ball, he does a lot work to allow his team mates to shine we need that

8. BargeArse

BargeArse Darius Boyd

The fact that Cam Smith, whose football IQ is unparalleled, thinks so highly of Glasby and pushed for him to get into the QLD team last year is enough for me.

Also, if Ah Mau was signed for $500K per season, there’s no chance Glasby got $600K off us. That rumour is laughable.

Jaybro likes this.
  9. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

Gee if I had the choice between woods and glasby, I'd be going woods.

10. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Maybe we could have both

11. Joey1245

Joey1245 Michael Hagan

I don’t think he does....yet! Ese will be one of the best props in the game in a year or two! IMO but glasby has class always finds his front doesn’t miss tackles great signing and goes perfectly with Herman and the twins good signing

12. Joey1245

Joey1245 Michael Hagan

Never ever ever believe what’s reported a very close family member who worked in the nrl for years at a high position said that media love to add a couple hundred thousand to every thing

13. Defender1

Defender1 Steve Simpson

As if anyone high up at the NRL would have any idea, about anything :angry:

14. Tubby

Tubby Michael Hagan

Looks like Glasby will be dropped from the QLD team, i hope we aren't paying him origin money!

15. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

If you're watching Glasby looking for highlights you'll be looking for a long time

Fact is The Twins and Herm make plenty of metres that's not where we are lacking it's our middle defence that needs fixing, that's where Glasby comes in.

The three boys we got all struggle in defence, the twins' lateral movement is their weakness hence why Brown avoids having them both on as much as he can, Herm who has been our best prop in Offence is also fairly ordinary in defence, Brown dropped him to the bench and gave him a rocket prior to the Titans game.

He held his own in Origin so that's also a good sign.

As mentioned if Cam Smith is happy with him than so am I.

Lefty likes this.
  16. Hughburt6

Hughburt6 Graeme Foster

Glasby isn’t in the Queensland team so we can stop saying he’s an origin player now

17. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Wonder how certain people can talk him up now when he can’t make that forward pack.

18. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Think I'll wait to judge him after he has actually played for us

With the way we are travelling I'm more concerned about defence, Not meters made

Looking at Glasby's numbers he goes well in the defence department

Over his career he has made 2,127 tackles and missed 86, That's a tackle efficiency of 96.1%

You also have to put his other numbers this year in perspective, He averages 38 minutes a game and the most he has played is 50 minutes

I don't think he will set the world on fire but he can be an assett, Let's give him a chance :)

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  19. BargeArse

BargeArse Darius Boyd

Understandable if people aren’t high on Glasby, that’s fair enough, but what’s wrong with the QLD forward pack? Your comment makes it sound weak and easily crackable.

Middle forwards of Napa, Wallace, McGuire, Papalii and Arrow. Who’s no good there?

Napa is inconsistent but on his day an absolute hitman and one of the few players in the game who can change momentum and make a big impact from his defence. Wallace is a quality hard working prop. McGuire is one of the best locks in the game. Papalii is a very damaging and skilful forward who can play both middle and edge. Arrow is having a cracker of a year and is one of the in-form forwards this season.

Can’t knock any of those players or say if you can’t beat them out you mustn’t be very good.

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  20. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Napa, McGuire and Papa are very hit and miss. Arrow first full season in FG. If Glasby was any good he would be a walk up start in that forward pack. Like I’ve said he is lucky he is a Queenslander where he has a shot at origin because he wouldn’t of had a hope in hell of cracking a NSW forward pack.

Wallace the only one that is a consistent seasoned top forward out of the names you listed.

88Knight4life likes this.