Tevita Pangai Jnr

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Fits the big angry man that we are after, who knows might even get the twins a bit angry.

Lefty likes this.
  2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

I don't think that is possible really, they are powder puffs unfortunately. Appear to have no hunger and no aggression.

I hate being negative but I really don't see them rising much higher than they are now.

3. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    You are not negative Kurriboy, just factual. The psyche of Fijians is generally not in the direction of anger and hate. They are in the main a gentle, happy folk.

Tasgirl likes this.
  4. nunnsy

nunnsy Darren Meredith

I thought big Dan made massive leaps this year in terms of aggression. He actually looked like he wanted to hurt people in D . Dan still has plenty of improvement left IMO.

Defender1 and Joey1245 like this.
  5. Lord of the Skraelings

Problem is Dan especially has never had to fight for his spot its been guaranteed.

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Not true,
    He was on the bench this year and has been dropped to cup also to gain confidence and fitness.

He gets brought back because he's by far our most damaging prop.

Gotta remember they're only 22yrs old, and if rd25 vs the Dragons is anything to go by, he'll be one weapon of a forward by 25yrs old.

Lefty, mozza and Joey1245 like this.
  7. Beatell

Beatell Bill Peden

props don't mature fully until their late 20's normally, these 2 have plenty of tomorrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Lord of the Skraelings

True dat mate.

9. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

That was a thing when props were playing reserve grade for years and not debuting until 23/24. These days if they start at 19/20 they are broken down by 30.

Dan is 22 and has basically had three full seasons in first grade. Petero Civoniceva was an alien, and even he didn't debut until 22 and was a bench player for a few years.

Beatell likes this.
  10. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Dan is the least of our problems. He just needs a bit of help.

Joey1245, Lefty and slotmachine like this.
  11. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If we had 2 dans and 3 hermans we'd have the best pack in the comp.

12. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We pretty much do have 2 Dans one’s just injury prone.

13. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

I've said it before but the biggest issue for the twins is getting them to start the season like they finished the previous one.

If Dan can play Round 1 next year like he did in Round 25 against the Dragons we'll all be laughing.

14. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From Fox Sports

TEVITA Pangai Junior is set to reject rival club bids to remain at the Broncos.

The Courier Mail
    has reported on Friday that the club is “supremely confident” of the Tongan wrecking ball signing a one-year extension for the 2019 season.

While Brisbane would’ve preferred to lock him up long-term, they only considered the 12-month option because of salary cap constraints after re-signing a swag of their up-and-coming forwards.

This deal once ratified will make both Pangai Junior and Wayne Bennett free agents from 2020, and it is understood the 22-year-old’s loyalty to Bennett could see him follow the master coach out the door once their contracts expire.

Regardless, it is a coup in the short-term for the Broncos, with Pangai Junior one of the most highly-rated youngsters in the NRL.

Often compared to 2016 Dally M Medallist and Tongan teammate Jason Taumalolo, up to five clubs have reportedly been chasing the back-rower.

Knights coach Nathan Brown even met with the big-bopper after declaring his side needed “powerful tackle breakers”.

But it seems the Broncos have won out for 2019, and you’d expect it to be a substantial offer, with his market value up around the $800,000-a-year mark.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/75da9fc7304fe172b8921d5adbffd7d7

15. Levil Kinevil

Levil Kinevil Slappin the bass mon

baker
    Imagine going for a team with essentially an infinite salary cap

Edogmilly likes this.
  16. knightime

knightime Peter Malcolm

An infinite salary cap and an inability to win a premiership since 2006. It's more than the salary cap and TPAs though. Oates and Pangai have both apparently taken cut-price deals. I'd imagine the Broncs have great facilities and being in Queensland, a great juniors system so you know they're never far away from the top 8 each year. Plus too many players there have a sickly, unhealthy obsession with Bennett. Looking forward to the fallout up there after he leaves in 2019. Bennett might have won plenty of premierships but he never leaves a club in better shape than when he started. Can't see the Broncs being in better shape than they are now once he takes his crew with him.

On another note, if Pangai doesn't want to come now then I'd prefer he doesn't come at all, let alone us having another dig after 2019.

17. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

Tpj is over priced/ over hyped atm.
    It will be interesting to see how his form is next year and how his injuries go.

Wobbles and packo like this.
  18. Joel

Joel Touche...

Over priced playing for Brisbane? Doubt it. You know how it goes.

19. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Paul Marquet

I agree!
    If he kills it this year, he has justified his price tag!
    But it is a pretty big risk he is taking, if he has an average/poor year, he won't be in a position to demand as much next contract!

20. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Mackley

Take tips from the Mole with a pinch of salt as always, but this would be a no-brainer of a decision for TPJ. Also ties in with the Kasiano chatter...

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-th...i-junior/b3d10e1f-ef5f-4c3c-85a2-3ca505d06d7c

Melbourne are attempting to offload giant prop Sam Kasiano in a bid to sign the hottest property on the open market - Broncos colossus Tevita Pangai Junior.

Big things were tipped for the giant Kasiano when he joined the Storm this year from the Bulldogs but he failed to live up to the hype.

Kasiano did manage 14 games in the top grade but averaged only 23 minutes per match and failed to make the type of impact Craig Bellamy has been looking for.

Pangai Junior, on the other hand, is young, keen, fit and a machine. That’s why the Broncos are desperate to retain him and half a dozen rival clubs are also on his tail.

Word has it he is most likely to stay in Brisbane - but that won’t stop the chasers from making big bids to lure him away from the Broncos and the fact he has yet to commit is a good sign for rival clubs.

Bellamy has a reputation for turning good forwards into great ones and that is something Pangai Junior will take into consideration.