Tevita Pangai Jnr

I sometimes think that quite a few on here over react to supposed payments, mostly it is guess work or doubts about the system. I am not naive enough to believe that everything is above board and TPA's would definately be better and easier to obtain in Sydney than Newcastle or for that matter Canberra. If a player is topped up with a huge TPA and it is legal then no point in getting up tight, it's not an ideal situation but it is what we have got. The majority of teams/players are in Sydney they enjoy the lifestyle and can move between Sydney based clubs without upsetting family or moving house or school, it won't change under the present system, our options are limited, I would rather be limited than non existent.

Surely the Crichton deal was just media sensationalism like a lot of other supposed 1 million dollar players? That would be insane money for him. TPAs help out big time. You can't rule it out, but you'd have to think their advantage would most likely come from being able to offer top 17 players a few hundred grand less with the promise of a nice TPA deal, rather than actually offering money off the books to players. It's just so risky, with all the people involved someone would blow the lid at some point. The NRL would know the exact amounts, so if it is all above board, then it's pretty bad how they can just sit there & be comfortable with teams having so much of a financial advantage, while maintaining the idea that it's a fairly equal playing field.

Crichton was the best backrower in the comp last year

Maybe Critchon is not in exactly a million but no way its less then 900k

Also Brett Morris has signed with the Roosters. I imagine they got him for next to nothing too? Haha

Maybe Critchon is not in exactly a million but no way its less then 900k

Also Brett Morris has signed with the Roosters. I imagine they got him for next to nothing too? Haha
Brett's career is winding down he wont command thet sort of money he once would have, I imagine dogs will be paying part of that? Or is he off contract?

Bulldogs already blocked a move for him to go to I think it was the dragons so yeah he’s off contract. Surprised they didn’t get more at the esl but I think Brett Is worth more then Josh because he isn’t a as injured and still offers some attack

Thread 230-248 and not a mention of Tevita yet he played tonight in a big winning side, is potentially available, is the type we need, is an old local junior and a player of much potential.
Do I need to say more

The try he scored today was similar to how he played in under 16s - 4 or 5 defenders hanging off him and still powering forward. Him and Sione played under 16s when they were both 14, and it shouldn't have been allowed, they were killing kids who were 1 or even 2 years older.

Thread 230-248 and not a mention of Tevita yet he played tonight in a big winning side, is potentially available, is the type we need, is an old local junior and a player of much potential.
Do I need to say more

As I posted in another thread, his management have told the Knights not to bother pursuing him because he wants to stay at the Broncos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's changing managers, needs to wait under the contract with his current manager expires before re-signing with Broncs.

Was reading an article today the Tevita is putting his contract negotiations on hold until he knows whats going on with coaching.

Triple M last night were saying that Demetriou has a good repertoire with the players and senior players so I doubt he will be an issue but it will be interesting to see who the broncos consider outside the system.

Ben Dobbin seems to think that players are loyal to Bennett but I don’t know how far that goes

Pangai Jr agrees to two-year extension with Brisbane

Ben Cotton
July 30, 2018 - 1:35 pm

It looks like Broncos forward Tevita Pangai Jr will be staying at Brisbane after coach Wayne Bennett revealed he had agreed to a two-year verbal extension to remain with the club.

It is a massive win for the Broncos given the rising star was being courted by rival clubs, including the Sydney Roosters, and could have commanded a bigger pay packet on the open market.

Retaining Pangai Jr caps off an exciting period for Brisbane, who recently re-signed back-rower Matt Gillett, young gun Jaydn Su’A and teenage prop Payne Haas.

And while Pangai Jr’s re-signing has not yet been made official due to the fact that the 22-year old is currently cutting ties with his agent, Bennett told The Sunday Mail that he was going nowhere.

“Tevita won’t be leaving,” Bennett told The Daily Telegraph.

“He has a management issue to sort through, so we won’t have his deal done for a few months, but Tevita has told us he wants to stay.

“We are very confident of keeping him.

“We’re looking at a two-year deal. I don’t think it’s in Tevita’s best interests to do a four or five-year deal.

“His best years are in front of him, so he will become more valuable in the coming years.”

Former Broncos captain Gorden Tallis said retaining Pangai Jr will come at cost, which could fall into the seven-figure range.

“Tevita is very close to being a $1 million player, he’s a freak,” Tallis told The Daily Telegraph.

“Taumalolo I thought was expensive when the Cowboys signed him and now it’s a good deal. One million sounds like a lot of money but the salary cap keeps going up.

“There would be every club going after him (Pangai Jr).

“He is the type of guy you want in your organisation. If his manager is doing the right thing, he would be out there asking every club to get the best price for him.”

Ex-skipper and current member of the club’s recruitment and retention committee Darren Lockyer said keeping Pangai Jr was crucial for the team’s future prospects.

“It’s crucial that we keep him,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

“He is our version of Jason Taumalolo. We know any club in the game would love to have him, but the Broncos are a good environment for him.”

https://www.zerotackle.com/pangai-jr-agrees-to-two-year-extension-with-brisbane-35168/

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably advised to do a short term deal due to Boyd and maybe other players coming off the books.

Back