Tahu walks out on NSW, Joey stands down

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** some people on here are so stupid and blind. A lot of people here are quick to bash Timana in defence for Joey, even though they won't admit it.

The Indigenous are very proud people and aren't the ones that take racism easily. You can all complain and say they call us white ****s and what ever but is that every single one of them ? Have you ever seen Timana throw out a racist remark ? No.

Tahu is just taking a stand for what he believes in but you guys are having a cry cause he walked out of origin like its the worlds biggest sin. "oh what Johns did was wrong but what Tahu did was the lowest of low" How stupid can people be. Its Origin mate not the end of the world, Tahu is setting an example to his own kids and others like him that they don't have to sit there and cop racism.

Good on Tahu he has my full support.

Nicely said.

**** some people on here are so stupid and blind. A lot of people here are quick to bash Timana in defence for Joey, even though they won't admit it.

The Indigenous are very proud people and aren't the ones that take racism easily. You can all complain and say they call us white ****s and what ever but is that every single one of them ? Have you ever seen Timana throw out a racist remark ? No.

Tahu is just taking a stand for what he believes in but you guys are having a cry cause he walked out of origin like its the worlds biggest sin. "oh what Johns did was wrong but what Tahu did was the lowest of low" How stupid can people be. Its Origin mate not the end of the world, Tahu is setting an example to his own kids and others like him that they don't have to sit there and cop racism.

I agree with your support on Tahu making a stand and being an example for his kids. Think about how much trust Joey would have had in Tahu to openly call someone a black man to another black person? Joey did not say it in a press conference, he didn't say it in a team meeting. He said it in a one on one mate to mate conversation. I'm sure all of you has dark skinned friends have called them black c**** before. Joey was just trying to G Tahu off and personally Tahu should have told Joey to shut the **** up since it was a personal conversation, there was no reason for him to publicise the issue and now tools like Mundine who think he's the best indigenous person ever created in the history of humanity are trying to give their 2 cents worth and it's all just plain stupid.

Are you for real? You sound like you just crawled out of a cave.

Racism is a two way street tiger. Don't try and paint a bullsh!t picture with me that it's only indigenous people who are on the receiving end of it.

I wonder if Tahu was upset at Inglis bashing his Missus.... or is that OK because she is white?

I wonder if Tahu had anything to say when all the "black" players from Queensland wanted a photo to themselves with the trophy and wouldn't allow any white players in it. I bet you if Lockyer chose to have a white only photo, at the end of the preso everyone would be up in arms.

Anyone who gets upset at name calling is nothing more than a little girl. I will never understand the mentality that encourages people to play the victim and "take a stand" over crap like this, its little more than feminine drama creation. a grown man sooking about name calling is just pathetic.

Tahu is playing the race card, a verbal wrong doing by a drunken Johns but I bet he ain't quick to point out all the bashings, muggings and everyday harassment dished out from people from his own background.

"Tahu is setting an example to his own kids and others like him that they don't have to sit there and cop racism."

Dude are you for freaking real? If so pull your head in FFS!!!

The jails are full with people from Tahu's background who could take a leaf out of that quote haha. Get real.

Racism is a two way street tiger. Don't try and paint a bullsh!t picture with me that it's only indigenous people who are on the receiving end of it.

I wonder if Tahu was upset at Inglis bashing his Missus.... or is that OK because she is white?

I wonder if Tahu had anything to say when all the "black" players from Queensland wanted a photo to themselves with the trophy and wouldn't allow any white players in it. I bet you if Lockyer chose to have a white only photo, at the end of the preso everyone would be up in arms.

Anyone who gets upset at name calling is nothing more than a little girl. I will never understand the mentality that encourages people to play the victim and "take a stand" over crap like this, its little more than feminine drama creation. a grown man sooking about name calling is just pathetic.

Tahu is playing the race card, a verbal wrong doing by a drunken Johns but I bet he ain't quick to point out all the bashings, muggings and everyday harassment dished out from people from his own background.

"Tahu is setting an example to his own kids and others like him that they don't have to sit there and cop racism."

The jails are full with people from Tahu's background who could take a leaf out of that quote haha. Get real.

Very well said Mal. Although both are in the wrong and I do understand Tahu trying to set an example for the kids, I'am now starting to think that Tahu is just seeking attention. What you said above is mostly very true.

Very well said. + rep for that.

well said Mal!!
This is all been blown out of proportion it was a thing said in excitement trying to pump the team up Tahu should have been the bigger man and spoke up then and there not take 3 days to make ya mind to walk out.
He has let NSW down Glad he isnt a knight anymore

I agree that Joey should not have said what he said, but if someone said white c**t, would have anyone made a big deal out of it, no. We can't call coloured people anything bad without them thinking it is something racist, but they can say anything they want about white people and think we shouldn't be offended by it, really bad double standards! I think Timana needs to take a cup of harden the **** up. The comment was not even directed at him, if it was directed personally at him, i could understand the reaction from him, but he is just a big sook and needs to learn to toughen up!! He maybe standing up for what he thinks he believes in, but he is only really hurting himself, because in the long run, will anyone want someone who thinks they are a big baby sook in their team who can't handle a little name calling. Remember Timana sticks and stones may break your bones, but names will never hurt u!! Grow up and get over it!!!

To the posters who acknowledged my post and gave me the thumbs up, Thank you, much appreciated.

I've read that many post in this thread that I wanted to say the same thing but honestly it would have taken up 5 pages worth. Some great points and post by many of you. That Kramer fella for the record was spot on to!!

Basically I've said all's I've wanted to say on this matter and if not others on here have done it for me.

I do have bags full of more stuff I'd like to add and if the moment presents itself, I will.

Joey

In my opinion this whole racism thing has been blown so far out of praportion

i feel so sorry for andrew johns sure what he said was racist and wrong but i am sure he isnt a racist, he would have been thinking hesaround a good group of blokes that would take it with a grain of salt and thats what should have been done.

if tahu had a problem he should have privatly had a talk to joey and i believe that it would have never been repeated again, but instead he's gotten up in arms walked out thrown joeys name and reputation into disripute and thrown a major spaner in the works of the blues camp.

and the media
instead of just having the whiny little ***** tahu walk out on the blues because of the media andrew johns has been sacked from nsw and looks likely to lose his job at parra, i just pray the knights dont follow suit and sack a newy legend instead i hope we go the other way and sack stone making joey our full time coach (but this isnt a sack stone thread lol there is enough of themgoing around lol)

joey has apoligised on countless occasions even callling timana and stating hed like to go further and have a sit down in person but dispite his efforts tahu is still releasing inet statements and the media is continuing to push this story basically garrenteeing us another origin loss on account of all the turbulance

hay maybe thats there plan all along use joey as the scapegoat

Johns was in the wrong for making that comment, however NSW are on the road to a 5th straight series loss and walking out on his teammates? Is Tahu asking the Blues to lose another series? If it took him 3 days to make up his mind, why couldnt he wait another few days till after Origin to say something? No one benefits from this situation.

I'm sure all of you has dark skinned friends have called them black c**** before.

Are you for real? Of course not!!! I went to a school where I was one of the few europeans, and I can honestly say I never got any racial abuse, probably because I never gave any out either. People are all the same, I think, who cares what their culture or skin colour is.

Have you heard Johns was drunk when this happened? I haven't ... just wondering is all. I don't think you're meant to drink when you're on anti-depressants anyway, so he can't have been all that drunk.

I haven't heard Tahu say racism is one way. Has anybody on here suggested that? If he had called someone a white whatever, it'd be just as wrong ... but I'm yet to hear any claims he has done anything like that.

I don't see how Inglis and his assault has anything to do with it. Johns could have said that about anyone and Tahu would have had the same reaction. Inglis is irrelevant.

Harden up Tahu is about the only decent argument I've seen in this thread ... and it's a valid one, but he's making a stand for something he believes in, good on him. Perhaps you should be asking yourselves why it upsets and angers you so much that he is doing so, but I'm guessing most of you don't want to answer that question.

As for the bit I bolded Mal, it would have been a great point if Lockyer didn't do exactly that. I recall a total of 0% media mention of it. Photo attached as evidence.

Attachments

• queensland2009.jpg
    queensland2009.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 25
Perhaps you should be asking yourselves why it upsets and angers you so much that he is doing so, but I'm guessing most of you don't want to answer that question.

Number of things really.

• Stabbed a long-time mate who trusted him in the back
  • Didnt settle it like a man by having a word with Joey (Seems this way according to the media articles), rather, he went and told Bellyache he was leaving and left.
  • Knowingly created a media pack, potentially ruining lives and careers in the process, and harming his state's chances, a jersey that he supposedly values more then a wallabies jersey.
  • The person's life he just so happened to **** up is Andrew Johns, who is somewhat sort of Legendary to the users of this forum, who due to his bipolar, is more than likely in a very ****ed up place right now
  • Not satisfied with the initial media circus, even after an apology by Johns, and even after it came out the comment was about Greg Inglis, Tahu continues to use any and every avenue to whore out his agenda to the media, rubbing salt in the wounds. (The video statement he made)
Seems like a fair few valid reasons for anger towards Tahu, and that's without even going into a whole debate about racism and hypocritical standards in society.

Like sure, it's all great and all to make a stand and prove a point, but his actions are extremist and un-Australian.

Edit (More): Like, I'd totally understand if Johns made those statements in the public domain - Tahu was quoted saying something along the lines of Joey is really respected and as a role model, he shouldnt be saying such things. Well he didn't say anything to anyone outside of camp did he. Technically, he cant set a bad example and be a bad role model if no one ever hears or sees anything. The only person who made him a 'bad role model' and 'racist' is Tahu through his actions, as without his infinite wisdom, we'd be all gearing up for Origin without any of this fuss.

Last edited:
Have you heard Johns was drunk when this happened? I haven't ... just wondering is all.

Fair question.

Yes I have heard he was drunk, or at the very least was on the demon drink that night. It doesn't excuse what he said of course. It was reported on the tv news here by a reporter that Johns was obnoxiously ordering more drinks and was being quite loud. It was a bonding session after all. I've also been told by a mate that he had read in the daily telegraph (For memory) that Joey was was heavily intoxicated. How much truth there is to it is anyone's guess. The link below is the only thing that I could find for now. Nothing concrete in it but 3 or so references from Rothfields (Who I can't stand as a writer or person for that matter).....

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...nts/buzz_on_the_andrew_johns_race_scandal/P0/

Inglis is quite relevant actually because he was the prime person Johns had singled out. I brought his name into as a means to point out the double standards by Tahu and to highlight to the other poster who tried to give the impression that indigenous people are the only ones who receive some form of racism.

I find the whole talk of racism to be stupid, and it annoys the hell out of me when people scream; "You're racist" and all that garbage for a few silly remarks.

I find it bizarre that Anglo girls are raped and spat on by certain people, Anglo men are bashed, stabbed and shot by certain groups yet there is no mention of racism. Yet when a few not so nice words are thrown out there from one person to another, it's racism.

Anyway, doesn't the word 'Racist' mean: a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others??

Johns has not implied that Whites are superior to others.

If Andrew Johns had directed that talk at an indigenous person It would have been a different ball game for me and my views, But to think he was telling another individual and not talking to Tahu is what annoys me. As has been said, he could have tapped Johns on the shoulder and told him to pull his head in, that he was a goose for what he said and asked him to apologize. Instead he has ruined a mans career and possibly life by not approaching him like a man and taking the whole retarded thing to the media, like a big sook.

Yes I'm aware of that pic James but you have to look at the bigger picture here. The Aussies who formed for that pic did so after the indigenous players called for a group pic just after the game. It was done so by the Aussies in return as a bit of banter, to even up. There was nothing anybody could have a dig at the whites pic for after been told to buzz off by the indigenous players. What were the whites to do? Just stand there and wait for the indigenous players invite them in for another group photo??

I always thought it was a team effort? If anything what the indigenous players implied by booting the whites out of the pics is more racist then any stupid comment's from John's.

"Perhaps you should be asking yourselves why it upsets and angers you so much that he is doing so, but I'm guessing most of you don't want to answer that question."

That question has already been answered by myself and many in this thread mate. Read between the lines, please.

Number of things really.

• Stabbed a long-time mate who trusted him in the back
  • Didnt settle it like a man by having a word with Joey (Seems this way according to the media articles), rather, he went and told Bellyache he was leaving and left.
  • Knowingly created a media pack, potentially ruining lives and careers in the process, and harming his state's chances, a jersey that he supposedly values more then a wallabies jersey.
  • The person's life he just so happened to **** up is Andrew Johns, who is somewhat sort of Legendary to the users of this forum, who due to his bipolar, is more than likely in a very ****ed up place right now
  • Not satisfied with the initial media circus, even after an apology by Johns, and even after it came out the comment was about Greg Inglis, Tahu continues to use any and every avenue to whore out his agenda to the media, rubbing salt in the wounds. (The video statement he made)
Seems like a fair few valid reasons for anger towards Tahu, and that's without even going into a whole debate about racism and hypocritical standards in society.

Like sure, it's all great and all to make a stand and prove a point, but his actions are extremist and un-Australian.

Edit (More): Like, I'd totally understand if Johns made those statements in the public domain - Tahu was quoted saying something along the lines of Joey is really respected and as a role model, he shouldnt be saying such things. Well he didn't say anything to anyone outside of camp did he. Technically, he cant set a bad example and be a bad role model if no one ever hears or sees anything. The only person who made him a 'bad role model' and 'racist' is Tahu through his actions, as without his infinite wisdom, we'd be all gearing up for Origin without any of this fuss.

Quality post.

Ok, I'm gonna close this thread now, some of the opinions are quite scary and make me very grateful I live in NZ.

But everyone's had their say, anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back