Sione

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

sorry for my late reply but its a fair assumption when someone doesn't know what to do i.e laugh or cry as Billy is due to Aidos post as he mentioned well.... its either an itchy butt
    or a UTI uninary tract infection and because he seems so sure Smugemat is the future for my beloved Knights I am thinking its taken a lot of butt scratching to come up wtih a crazy conclusion like that butt its all good mind my pun:)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

there is one other reason and seems very possible here that billy felt th e need to try and belittle this thread opening post the need for the use of vagi clear ?

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Tony Butterfield

Yeah good chat

Beaumont, Beatell and danknights like this.
  4. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Sounds like 1 too many lines have been had haha

Beatell likes this.
  5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Paul the Chief Harragon

modern burlesque dancer
    Runs hard and fast sums him up in any position. Laughable defender with zero technique.

Admire his enthusiasm but has zero brains or tools to be a successful modern back or forward.

He'd be lucky to be in a top 25 anywhere else. Plenty of blokes like Elijah Taylor and Tyrone Peachy that can offset a lack of natural tools but Sione aint one of them.

The ole he runs 2 good lines in 6 games and did nothing before that doesnt gell with me.

Would darely love boy wonder and his brothers to drive out of newie so we can spend their $800k-$1 million on real footballers and not public relation exercises.

Still love the little sooks fronting gidley about being confused about signing with the dogs. Showed their mental capacities there and their on field performances have been pathetic for what they are being paid.

6. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Watch it mate. Alsmug is a prophet.

7. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

Somebody doesn't like the last name matautia........ It seems.

8. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Newcastle are making moves to make Sione Mata’utia a Knight for life.

Market Watch can reveal the club is in advanced talks over a new deal despite the backrower not coming off-contract until the end of 2018.The club is poised to table him a three-year extension, which would keep him tied to the Hunter until the end of 2021.
    The Knights’ roster for next season may still be a work in progress but the decision makers are determined to ensure they don’t fall back into a mess like the one they’ve just cleared up.

As part of that plan, it means they are moving to tie up their best and brightest.
    While they’ve added the likes of Kalyn Ponga, Aidan Guerra and Connor Watson to their roster, Nathan Brown and Darren Mooney haven’t lost sight of the importance of keeping their local talent.

As their co-captain, Mata’utia is a huge part of the club’s long-term plans.

Frank McWilliams and Hughburt6 like this.
  9. Left Foot

Left Foot Brett Kimmorley

Don't see the point extending Sione's contract when he's still got next year to go.
    Let's see how he goes next year before we offer him something stupid.
    It's not like he's in demand anyway.
    For what we are paying Sione now, we could bring back TPJ and still have money left over.

10. Knighted

Knighted Cameron Ciraldo

Engineer
    I don't think he's playing that badly, for someone who hasn't played full time in the forwards until this year. He breaks enough tackles, runs pretty good lines and I'm not worried about his size because there are guys on other teams that are around the same size i.e., Pappalli is 1.83m and 110kg so a bit heavier than Sione but smaller in height. Matt Gillett is 1.87m at 104kg, Elliot Whitehead 1.88m at 107kg, Mitchell Aubusson 1.81m, 98 kg (lol, wtf?)... He might have to put on weight but I reckon next year is probably a better judge if he's going to make the transition successfully...
    I'm not a FG Coach so I can only guess, but I reckon that Browny and that think that next year he might take a big step up so they don't want to negotiate on the back foot, whereas if they lock him down for the next four years it might end up saving us quite a bit in the long term.

ps. Sione is listed at 1.88m 101kg on wiki and 1.83m 101kg on the Knights website.

11. 88Knight4life

I can tell u right now im 181cm and 103kg and i felt taller then him last yr when standing next to him,
    Fyi if big papa is 110kg i must be 85kg lol guy is around 120kg maybe 125 even.

12. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Whoever measured Sione at 1.88m needs a refund on their tape measure

88Knight4life likes this.
  13. Knighted

Knighted Cameron Ciraldo

Engineer
    FYI, According to the Raiders website:
    • Height:183
    • Weight:114

14. 88Knight4life

Been the same since 2012 though buddy,
    Teaumalolo profile is 191cm 113kg yet its been reported that his actually 130kg.
    Pauli pauli was 120kg on our site last yr then he said himself he was 135kg
    90% of profiles are not correct at all.

15. Beatell

Beatell Marty Crequer

Yeah I've got a photo standing next to him I'm 178 and he's only just taller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88Knight4life likes this.
  16. Knighted

Knighted Cameron Ciraldo

Engineer
    Sure. Also...
    https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/heaviest-lightest/see-all-weight/
    https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/tallest-shortest/see-all-height/
    Anyways... I reckon his size ain't a problem. That's all I'm getting at... For me, it's an experience thing.

17. 88Knight4life

18. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Robbie McCormack

Maybe they used a broken tape measure,missing first 5-10cms.
    I have my doubts about a lot of profile information being accurate and when is weight taken, after Christmas pudding or mid season when fully fit besides its not how big you are but what you do with what you've got.

19. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    My Wife said the same to me when we met.

rhugh89 and Knighted like this.
  20. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Yeah the official profiles are all over the place. I've seen players that were measured as one height one year & the next year apparently they shrunk 10 centimetres. They often try to hide the fact how short a player is or how heavy a player is too. Other times they take their measurements when they first come into first-grade & never change them. Surely it can't be that hard to give an accurate measurement?

rhugh89 likes this.