Sione

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Paul the Chief Harragon

modern burlesque dancer
    Can anyone say he should start over buhrer guerra or barnett?

2. cowboyman

cowboyman Adam Woolnough

Hospitality
    Possibly Barnett but the way he has played since signing the new contract it's not saying much for Sione's current form/ability.

Beaumont likes this.
  3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Tony Butterfield

I said it last yr and a dozen times this yr.... his not a forward his strength is power running but when his running at bigger and stronger guys the result is what we see.
    Wing is where he needs to go or the 16 jumper

4. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    The head knocks are a major concern. He was staggered yesterday from what appeared to be innocuous contact with his melon.

5. Lord of the Skraelings

modern burlesque dancer
    Barnett was awful for a while there but last 2 starts has been good.

Rob likes this.
  6. Lord of the Skraelings

modern burlesque dancer
    Reminds me of turner from the bunnies who seems to have got over getting ben crossed each week and is doing fine.

7. Tubby

Tubby Jeff Doyle

He looks really good when he gets the ball on the edge running into holes/smaller defenders, when he takes a hit up like a middle forward he gets belted. I still think he could make a great back rower if he plays to his strengths. Hopefully with some stronger middle forwards next year that might be the case

8. 88Knight4life

Or just move him out wider on the edges so the team can use his strengthes to affect on set plays

Lefty likes this.
  9. Lord of the Skraelings

modern burlesque dancer
    Runs like a bloke wanting to get his head knocked off. Just imagine if Jwh ever lines him up.

beau likes this.
  10. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

I think sione needs to employ some footwork. All I ever see him do is run hard and straight or pivot last second. Trying too hard to be boyd cordner 2.0. Should be searching for/creating holes for support runners. Another pre-season with much more experienced guys around him may help expose this within his game.

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  11. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Robbie McCormack

I think everyone will experience big improvements with those new signings around them even if we sign no one else

Rob likes this.
  12. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Agree 100%. I don't care what level of rugby league or any team sport you play running out with a few blokes that can play makes a big difference. I know if I was playing 5/8 I'd be more confident playing outside A Johns than B Kusto.

13. Rob

Rob George Carmont

Depending on who we buy, Sione still has a home at 2nd row or centre. He was up against 2 seasoned internationals (Dugan and Frizell) and a team who's gameplan revolved around offloads on the weekend and went ok.
    Manly missed the same amount of tackles and got smashed.

14. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Gallen isnt a very big bloke but has a huge motor Maybe if Sione can work on getting a motor like Gallen he may turn out to be a good back rower or lock after all he is only 21 a bit more size and a bit more experience who knows he could be the next Gallen or our Gallen anyway ....Imagine him on the wing trying to dive in for a try like Ross does ...I dont think so imo he will never play wing centre Maybe but not wing ...

15. 88Knight4life

His maybe 5kg bigger then what he was at 18.
    Mansour, uate, feki, holmans just to name a few around 100-105kg and 180cm wingers, all use the power close to the line.

His got it in him as thats where he came from

16. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

He looked at home on the wing!!!!!

17. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Robbie McCormack

Question, with all this discussion about Sione, 2nd row, centre, wing, can anyone tell me what his early junior football saw him play, u/20 and earlier, was he always a winger until he made 1st grade.

18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He played centre, but because he was a man amongst boys in the under 16s and 18s he basically had a run when he wanted anywhere on the field - mostly he just smashed over the line when we got close.
    In NYC they got the idea of moving him to fullback, and he was such a good athlete he killed it at fullback in under 20s.
    He went to firstgrade and got moved around a lot fullback/wing/centre/second row.
    He played all his rep football as a centre except one game of under 18s I think where they put one of the Jennings brother in at centre and Sione played fullback. Sione was captain of the side.

Frank McWilliams likes this.
  19. Lord of the Skraelings

modern burlesque dancer
    Plenty of players that are stars in the juniors that dont kick on will.

Sadly he has zero footy brains that isn't even a discussion nor the tools let alone the skills to be a genuine back or forward in the nrl.

Being a local and a likeable bloke doesnt make an nrl player or all 4 of the brothers would be among the elite.

20. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The guy handled 4 different positions in firstgrade as an 18 year old. There would be a handful of players in the game who could do that at any age - let alone while still school age.
    He managed to fool so many coaches that he knew what he was doing they made him captain of NSW, Australia, in the juniors and knights at every level 16s, 18s, 20s, and firstgrade, and if he ever played a game of reserve grade they'd make him captain there too.

Beatell, Beaumont and listo like this.