Sione

Discussion in 'Newcastle Knights Discussion' started by Aidos, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just thought I'd make a thread about him as I'm slightly concerned like a few others.

He doesn't seem strong enough at defending in the forwards, but I'm not sure where else he fits in our 17. He was great when he started his career on the wing, but would have to trim down and regain his speed again.

In saying that he is a great competitor and part of me thinks with more time in the backrow he'll be ok. He does run a great line in attack which is good. I reckon it wouldn't hurt if he bulked up a bit more though if he stays in the backrow.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

Mate I agree 100%I I would go a step beyond your suggestions and say he is not in the best 17 available next yr .
    I know I know ....a lot will get in a tanty but I mean comeon is anyone really watching him play ? he is giving away easy ball to often silly penalties and he rushes out of the line way to much and its another yr on
    I thinik he seems like a great guy but with the roster next yr I think he should be playing nsw cup for the good of the balance of the side his numbers this yr are just not up to nrl standard .

3. listo

listo Evan Cochrane

I'm a fan of his, I like him in the forwards. The missed tackles need addressing & that's something the defence coach should be doing something about, not just for Sione, but the whole team... if we even have one that is.

4. albert

albert Lenny Beckett

. IMO he should be in the backs. He is more a power runner than a workhorse. I would move him back to centre or wing next year.

5. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's a terrible centre, can't go back there.

6. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Wing is the only place I can see him playing after trimming down 7 or 8 kilos.

7. albert

albert Lenny Beckett

People forget how young he is still. 22 next year? I doubt he will hold onto the captaincy next year? I would give him another crack at center or at wing with SKD inside him.

8. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at this thread. Laugh I think.

Beaumont and listo like this.
  9. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    His last 2 games have been great. There's a few on here play the man not the ball.

10. Billy

If we had 8 forwards who go as hard as Sione we would be in very good shape. We have maybe 3 or 4.

Tasgirl likes this.
  11. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I have no problem with his heart and competitiveness. He's my favourite player for that reason.

I think he's still a must in our 17 but I just wonder what his best position will be.

Not a hate thread

Beaumont likes this.
  12. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

i think the sanctuary of newcastle makes sione a safe as a house to play fg unfortunately he is 22 yes but he has been around!
    his missed tackles are a major concern his drop ball ,his rushes of blood not a bad thing but brain explosions on top of this with quality edge backrowers to our disposal next season , look I love seeing his passion he is all thats newcastle he just aint a fg player the vine has beeen rotting !
    2018 guerra or barnett and burhrrer are ahead of him edge guns! and the one that misses out starting lock (guerra) and j saf is also on the up . Best bet loose some kg try and get a wing spot lets hope 2018 is a new beginnings !v less baggage players the better lets win in 2018 !

13. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    And a poor backrower who is having a concerning amount of headknocks playing there.

14. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

still a must???? pfft your wrong he aint a must i have spoken.

15. Billy

I suspect he is in the forwards more because we need him there than because that is his best position. Most team would have him at centre or wing.

Aidos likes this.
  16. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

skd inside him mmm hot

17. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams John Schuster

He is a very passionate player who will give it all every game no matter where he plays, can't believe the knockers, sure he misses tackles but some of that can be put down to young inexperienced enthusiasm blended with an over passionate will to win. As he matures he will adjustment whether that be second row, centre, wing or wherever I just hope it is with Newcastle

18. Alsmug

Alsmug Con Mika

Can i suugest Avenno Active naturals for that pruritus ani :)

19. danknights

danknights Darren Albert

May I ask why Billy has an itchy arse? Haha.

Tasgirl likes this.
  20. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Can he get bigger and quicker? Can he get some ball skills?

Seriously one little speech from Bennett and people haven't stopped going goey eyed from him since.

When's he ever been the best player on field or in the top 10 in the nrl in his position.

Guys got a lot of heart but that doesn't make an nrl player.

88Knight4life likes this.