Sione Mata'utia re-signs with the Knights

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Oct 17, 2017.

1. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

So do I.

2. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

Think hooker will revert to Buhrer starting, Levi of the bench for the rest of 2018 with Watson covering if further injuries as Lamb can cover Watson. Don't know what reserve hooker Randall? is like, has good stats normally but might be a bit of an ask

3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Randall isn't even on contract for reserves. He's a Lakes United player we use to fill out the side.

4. Frank McWilliams

Has filled in lots of times, is he a likely player for res hooker next season, age and ability wise, know we have Starling in the wing

5. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Probably right. It's a bit of luck for Buhrer now that he can finally have a role in the team. He's a similar player to Griffin so can slot straight in, probably ensures he has a future here too now, not that I thought we
    wouldn't re-sign him.

Not a bad idea from @Ethan either, wouldn't hurt to give Sione a bit of hooker training in the off-season so he can really take over that Buhrer role on the bench & play anywhere needed.

Ethan likes this.
  6. Wobbles

Wobbles Shane Christensen

That'll certainly improve his popularity amongst the playing group :giggle:

Chief Longhorn and 88Knight4life like this.
  7. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

You can only carry one utility so why not get him training for hooker as well as the other spots especially if we don't resign Buhrer and it will then depend on Danny being an 80 min player which he isn't yet .

8. Joshhh

Well I'm assuming most of the boys are straight men with wives & girlfriends, so Sione will want to train up very well in the off-season to prove a popular comrade around the boys.

Wobbles and Joey1245 like this.
  9. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

:applause: nice Gary lol

10. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I just couldn’t see that happening. Might be a good idea in theory, however I’m fairly certain that Brown mentioned earlier in the year that he’d like to re-sign Buhrer and that Buhrer wanted to stay. Whether or not that happens I’m not sure, but it sure would make a headache for Brown to choose from Sione/Buhrer/Levi for that bench spot.

Ethan likes this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

I guess if Griffin is gone for 12 months then Levi will be our main hooker I would like to see him become an 80 minute player so we can carry Sione and 3 big bodies on the bench and get rid of Buhrer let sione do his role ..

12. Knighted

Knighted Jake Mamo

Engineer
    So it sounds like you expect Sione to almost play a role similar to Peachey or Aubusson?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

13. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

I think that would be the best situation for him. Aubusson isn’t a bad comparison actually.

14. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Or a Buhrer role would do ..

15. Frank McWilliams

Not likely, Sione is centre, 2nd row or bench, why this obsession with making him something else.

16. Joshhh

No obsession, if he's gonna play off the bench then he needs to make himself useful. Why would we not train him in other positions if that's the case?

Ethan likes this.
  17. Frank McWilliams

He can play of the bench if not starting as a cover for centre or 2nd row along with a Buhrer type and two front rowers, like to see him settle into a familiar position for a while.

18. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

If he is going to be on the bench why not let him train to cover all positions then we could have 3 big bodies on the bench instead of carrying another Buhrer that makes more sense to me than having Sione and a Buhrer I would much rather 3 big bodies on the bench...A bench of Sione , Barnett and 2 Props Because Sione can cover Hooker , 2nd row , Lock , Centre , wing , F/B in a pinch ...

19. Knighted

Knighted Jake Mamo

Engineer
    I think with the concussion rules, you need to have a bloke that can play anywhere in the forward pack as well as the centers
    and another player that can cover in the halves and backs. Purely because you've got higher likelihood of losing two players for the game instead of one...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

20. Joel

Joel Touche...

I still wanna see Watson swap to dummy half like at the start of the year, not sure how Sione would fit in there.