Sione Mata'utia re-signs with the Knights

Could give Sione a chance as sub. See how how he goes with his head knocks and his game go to another level, otherwise spots are filling fast and he could lose out.

Yeah lets sub him as a backrower when Guerra Barnett Fitzgibbon and Buhrer are 80 min players.

Or sub off our best backs in Ponga Sio Ross Moga and Skd to get him game time

Just saying give him a chance to prove himself. Some of us seem to think he goes ok. No ones expecting a premiership.
Barnett doesn't always play 80 and can be a liability.

Just because he tries doesn't mean his succeeding.
Just because he is continually being picked doesn't mean he is failing, you keep knocking him and every argument against has you using a different tack, maybe he is better than you credit him and not quite as good as we think he is.
He gets discussed more because of the criticism of a few rather than the support of the majority

Just saying give him a chance to prove himself. Some of us seem to think he goes ok. No ones expecting a premiership.
Barnett doesn't always play 80 and can be a liability.

Why should he be given a chance when we have better options in each position and don't give me that c crap. I've never seen him pipe up once to encourage his mates on and HE does NOT lead by example. Buhrers 10 times the leader.

So you are flying against most other opinions and selections, Sione doesn't deserve his position and selection is based on something other than ability or form. Coach and selectors are wrong, lots of us on this forum are also wrong and very poor judges of a footballer but you and a few others are right, Sione should not be in top 17 and lucky to be in squad at all.

Im with lord, sione isnt in my top 17 if he is to continue in the forwards. buhrer, guerra and even fitzy are in front of him at this stage imo.The only way i can see him making our strongest lineup is a shift back to the backs, and thats providing we dont buy another centre.
1.ponga
2.ross
3.sione
4.moga
5. SKD

Sione really needs to do it this year, and for mine a spot in the outside backs is his only logical position.

The modern back rower has the build and strength of Guerra, Fitzy and Stone, and the latter two will still increase in strength over the next two seasons.

Edrick Lee apparently moving on from Sharks do you reckon he’d be a handy pick up? Move SKD in and him on the wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about Sione as imo Guerra , Buhrer and Fitzy are better back rowers than him and Moga and Skd are better centre's but he gives 100% every game ...What to do ...

Boxing worked out what needs to be done for repeated concussion 50 years ago.
You can make a full recovery from a minor concussion in a week or two, but if you get another knock before the first one is fully healed, it takes longer to get over, and if you get another knock on top of that, it starts to take months instead of weeks.
If you get knocked out in boxing you have to take a break, and if you come back and get knocked out again, it's months you have to take off.
They are making sure he doesn't get another head knock for 6 months or so, and he will make a complete recovery in that time, and be at no more risk than any other player.
I have wanted to see clubs to this properly for year. Ben Cross was a classic example. By the time that guy got knocked out for the 4th or 5th time, I think you could have knocked him out by looking at him funny, and if he'd have taken a decent break after the 2nd time he would have had another 3 or 4 years in the NRL.
They are worrying about CTE in contact sports now you can’t scan for it the only way you know some one who has it is by cutting there brain open when they die! They say it comes from repeatative hits like the jabs to the head from a fighter! It’s all very interesting because to be honest know one knows what’s happening but if you look st the NFL it’s a huge problem

Atleasts Wests have half a brain. No one will pay more than $250k for him and he wants to stay lets see how he goes 2 months in if his a ace in the hole or off in gaga land.

Back