Sione Mata'utia may not be re-signed

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Didn't know where to post this so if it's not OK here no dramas. Sione and Tom Hughes went to Windale School on Wednesday. They were brilliant with the kids. Yesterday our junior club that has struggled for numbers had a large number of kids register off the back of the visit.

Joshhh, Battler, Tasgirl and 8 others like this.
  2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Great stuff Beaumont.

We know what a grand young man Sione is.

3. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Players went to a number of schools. I don't know if it's because of Wests or not but in the past it was unknown juniors visiting the school. It was great having well known players even though my young bloke referred to them as Sione and some Tom guy.

4. Left Foot

Left Foot Banned

On Moga...

5. LEVR

LEVR Banned

So far you've appealed to your own reiteration as evidence

Moga played an entire season as one of the comps best centres, in what was his first full season without injury. He has just returned from injury and looked garbage in the trial. That's not evidence of anything. Lets see if he can continue last seasons form in the first month before writing him off in a single outing

6. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Read this back to yourself ( maybe 3 times ) and put Watson name where Moga is.

Good chat.

cowboyman and Matty23 like this.
  7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Moga might have had a breakout season last year, but there was still plenty of bad. He's not gonna get some match fitness & suddenly turn into the perfect centre, he has flaws. Some of those passes he let go last night were down right dumb.

8. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

Which is why he needs to play to his strengths. Hard ball running. As for defence. Stay in the line and will be all good. Don't try doing it yourself.

9. Knighted

Knighted Nathan Ross

Engineer
    So after watching the trial against the Eels, it kind of looked like that we are team of players that haven't spent a lot of time playing together...[sic]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Joey1245 likes this.
  10. EASBay17

EASBay17 Jason Allen

We new what we were getting with moga. A powerful centre but a dumb footballer, every broncos fan i know describes him like this. he will be rocks or diamonds just like BJ was. I cant see that changing

slotmachine likes this.
  11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    First proper hitout after a long lay off makes mistakes. #hanghim.

Knighted likes this.
  12. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

Before Moga had his knee problems he was being called the next Israel Folau and just had a great year at the Bronco's playing every game i think under Bennett one of the hardest coaches in the game ..Now Moga comes here has 1 ordinary game in a trial after not training with the team hardly at all and he is a Dumb rocks and Diamonds footballer ....He wasn't a dumb rocks and Diamonds footballer last bloody season though he was a consistant beast and anyone that says he wasn't didn't watch him play ....

13. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    Mate have you noticed all of our imports except for Pearce aren't shaping up so far lol?

88Knight4life likes this.
  14. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

What are you talking about, Pearce could have been better in that trial, I reckon if we had Lamb and Watson in there, we would have gone a lot better! This Pearce guy is over rated.

88Knight4life likes this.
  15. Ethan

Ethan Sean Rudder

No not really mate Ese'ese played well as did Griffin , Guerra went ok Ponga is 19 and wasn't bad , SKD was good Moga didn't have a great game yes but he has hardly trained with the team all off season ...

16. EASBay17

EASBay17 Jason Allen

25 errors ranking 9th out of centres, most was 29 by jack bird. I agree his a beast but he has always had errors in his game.

17. Joshhh

I don't know that some people do know what we're getting with Moga. A few of us have been saying it since he signed, he's a powerful runner, but he has lots of dumb in his game. Some people just want to have an overly red & blue tinted view of him & can't accept that he might have some flaws in his game.

EASBay17 likes this.
  18. Joshhh

Called Israel Folau because he looks like him. In reality he isn't anywhere near as good a player as Folau. You only had to watch a few games of Moga's to learn he was the definition of rocks & diamonds, don't know what you were watching.

I'm not trying to hate on Moga, I'm just trying to explain that this is what we should expect from him. You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment by overrating him too much. He'll still be a hell of an option close to the line.

19. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

I think we have overrated the team overall, compared the improvement from last year and got a bit excited, we will get better I am sure, might take a few weeks, know it is just one game and a trial but I bet many are down scaling season finish down a couple of spots, I'll stick with 8-12 but am more confident of 12 than 8.

20. Joshhh

For sure, everyone's views now from the players down to the fans should be a bit more grounded in reality now, if not even a little below reality. Our boys can now move past the bs & get on with it, hopefully allowing them to build their form over the season without the crazy pressure.

Wobbles likes this.