Shannon Boyd

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Ethan, Mar 24, 2018.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Yeah me to, though what depth would we have to call on?
    None with nrl experience and mostly kids.
    That would put us in a chit heap if we had 2 props missing for extended periods.

A nrl team needs 3 props that would make the 17 of any side and 5 props fighting for the 4 spot in firsts.

2. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
  3. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn Dave Woods

Sorry!
    Not in a million years, he is way too ugly to ever wear a Knights jersey!
    [​IMG]

4. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

But it would improve his looks

Chief Longhorn likes this.
  5. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Cory Denniss

Retired
    Prefer TIM GLASBY

6. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

I think the way the game is going the bigger props like Boyd will struggle in defence due to fatigue, the more mobile guys will come to the for.

Boyd will want more money than TPJ who will want more money than Glasby who will want more than Leeson Ah Mau.

If I had my way I'd like TPJ and Glasby, not sure if we can afford both ??

The Roosters and Sharks are both looking for props so we will likely play the wait and watch game and see who ends up being squeezed out last.

If Roosters really want TPJ then Napa becomes the odd man out, he's been linked to Broncos before so if they go hard for him Lodge may get squeezed out, Brown is a fan and a defender of his so I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with him.

I doubt Broncos see Lodge as a 600K prop and will try their hardest to keep TPJ or get Napa and he will go to the highest bidder because of the civil suit. I won't be surprised to see us have a go at him.

7. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Don't think Phil would have Lodge anywhere near the team.

Lodge got a marvellous reception Saturday night from the home crowd. Wouldn't want that associated with our team.

8. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

Every team is booing him, one of these clubs will end cheering him.

9. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

Someone said it before Phil is only hard on the players when they're getting paid by him. SKD is the perfect example of us signing a guy who was sacked by his club , and Phil signed off on it.

10. member 2299

Retired
    He wasn't running the Club when SKD signed on.

11. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

I could be wrong but didn't they delay his signing to make sure Wests were cool with it???

As I said I could be wrong but that's how I remember it going down

12. member 2299

Retired
    He came before the 30 June deadline last year and Wests took over from 1 November so I imagine Gids would have signed him.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  13. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

On football ability as a prop Lodge has showed more than TPJ.
    Would i want him at our club? Hell no, i dont want him in the game at all, though if you only look at a player not what they are off field than Lodge gets the points.

14. danknights

danknights Sean Rudder

Who's lodge?.........

15. Jaybro

Jaybro Shane Mackley

Yes that's 100% correct But I can recall somebody (maybe Toohey?) saying that signing SKD would need to be run past Wests, although Wests took over later in the year it was agreed much earlier.

Either way the idea we will only sign clean skin players sounds good but won't happen.

16. Barry Crush

Barry Crush Cory Denniss

Retired
    Wests have a process in place it's not cut and dry it's not zero tolerance it's the footy committee must pass any contentious signings that may impact brands to board they have a risk analysis procedure and then board sends back the appetite for risk. Obviously if they believe that having drug taker on team reduces crowd size by 5,000 a game then the player must be able to draw significantly more than that to watch them, but higher profile means more risk with sponsors pulling out too so it's not complicated but they have done it for a long time, admittedly the profile of Knights is greater than profile of Rosella's but it's the same principles they will be using

17. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

They did get consulted when we signed SKD. Gardner has been pretty clear about high standards for his players & yes, SKD is an example of them deciding to give a player a chance after looking into their background & asking people who've been involved with them about their character, so it's not zero tolerance. It won't be a great look for Wighton if he's gets a bunch of convictions & sacked on the spot, Wests will do their due diligence for sure, doesn't mean they won't be willing to take him on.

18. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Don't forget SKD was found not to have used any illegal drugs by hair follical test which lasts in your hair for 90 days and you cant fake it like you can a urine test ..
    His record was perfectly clean before that as the judge said and Gardiner said when they looked into his back ground he was found to be a good bloke and a good club man .
    I'm also pretty sure i read that he was holding it for someone else who let him take the fall and imo Easts sacked him because they needed his money to help them sign Cronk and Chriton ...

19. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    SKD literally took the fall for a bloke who was on their third strike, whilst dumb there's no doubt his a sensational fella.

Ethan likes this.
  20. R_A

R_A Clint Newton

Uni Student, Investor, Entrepreneur
    Latest report here is that Boyd has rejected an offer from the Raiders, and the Titans are chasing him. No mention of us but if the Ah Mau rumours are true I’m not fussed.
    Raiders also expected to re-sign Sezer so not sure how much funds they’re allocating to keeping Boyd