Semi Radradra

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by josh2010, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Left Foot

Left Foot Lee Jackson

Yeah it’s not like Sione is known for his great defense and setting up his winger.

2. Beatell

Beatell John Allanson

I’m not surprised the thought of me can do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. cowboyman

cowboyman Sean Rudder

Hospitality
    Semi would be an amazing addition to the side but at centre?

Most tackles he has made in a game would probably be 5 and we have seen his passing ability at times be worse than an U8's ability. Most notably that one time on 1st tackle off the scrum play which had all ye commentary in histarics and saying don't ever pass again Semi.

Seems like he is just trying to up his worth when he really doesn't need to as he is by far and away the best winger in the comp.

4. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Uate looked like a world beater for a few years aswell. Look how that turned out. We don’t need wingers, would much rather go after Jennings.

5. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    4. SKD
    5. Semi

6. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He scored 110 tries including some of the greatest we have ever seen?
    He pretty much makes everyone's best ever side?
    Heaven forbid we end up with another player like that - I mean, he might drop a high ball or something and we'll have to focus on that for the next million years and eventually hate him.

slotmachine, packo and LEVR like this.
  7. LEVR

LEVR Tea Ropati

Too true Billy

Uate was literally the best finisher ever to play Rugby League. Literally. And comfortably the most exciting ball runner we've ever had at the club.

To have Semi would be to have the closest thing to replacing Uate as we will likely ever get

8. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

We ended up releasing him a year early from his 500k a year contract after he finished his 2nd last year in reserve grade. That’s not a particularly good result or investment for the club is it?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  9. nunnsy

nunnsy Darius Boyd

He was only in reserve grade because he was not in brownies plans moving forward, yes he is not as good as he once was but he is still one of the better finishers in the game IMO.

10. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Brock Mueller

He was in reserve grade because he kept getting found out in defence. Sides were just running it down his wing and scoring at will.

Semi, what a great player to get and he is definitely in it for the money. I think if a side could offer substantially more than Parra he would sign. Parra can offer TPA's but those can be a bit suspect when not under the cap and sometimes don't end up getting paid. We can offer him money all under the cap so he knows he will get it.

My only concern is he is going to be another SBW flip flopping between league, union and asking for releases from contracts all the time because he isn't happy. Speculation whether he will be coming back to training at the end of each year etc.

11. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

And yet after Aku left we still leaked like a sieve on the edges.

He's was no Steve Simpson but getting destroyed in the middle and having complete turnstiles in the centres after Mad Dog left might have had something to do with it.

Beaumont likes this.
  12. LEVR

LEVR Tea Ropati

I agree I reckon Gagai's inability to count heads and call numbers, or to simply make the right momentary decisions himself, didn't help Aku's cause

That being said, Aku was dropped from SOO because of his individual defensive failures at that level, soo

13. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Aku needed help in defence.
    When we had a good side, he got that.
    When we had a poor side he was left like a shag on a rock with no one sliding to help him.
    He goes to Manly, and instantly he is a good player again - just by having team mates who do their job.
    Wingers and fullbacks always look like mugs when teams are not numbering up in defence and leaving them facing 2 or 3 or 4 attacking players on their own, and Uate needed more help than most wingers, not less.

slotmachine, LEVR and Beaumont like this.
  14. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Richard Clarke

For quite for quite a few years Aku played very well for this club, he certainly could run and score tries, a real crowd pleaser as I am sure we all saw and loved. Sure he had deficiencies in defence which showed up more so as our side declined.
    I bet everyone on here that has criticised him spent years cheering for him, you don't score as many tries as him and make representative sides without a lot of ability. He was a delight to watch. It's sad that he has now gained a few knockers

15. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Chairman of Marathon Stadium Forums.
    How do we know his never played anywhere but wing, and I remember thinking when his passed from dummy half how impressive the bullets were he was throwing often 15 metres in length.

16. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 Scott Carter

Im surprised brown is interested in a guy like Semi personally, so far he's been after blokes who genuinely want to come here and with a pretty decent off field history (excluding pearce to a certain degree).
    Semi is quite a controversial character and seems to love the coin, same as a SBW type. Which means if he signs and 6 months later gets a better offer from japanese/french rugby he'd have absolutely no hesitation leaving us mid season.
    With such a young squad i don't think we need a player that can bring those types of distractions, if brown/mooney can put a clause in that makes him actually honour his contract and stick with us for the full duration of that contract I'm all for it.
    But if he's coming solely because we are offering him the most money then its a no from me

17. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

One of the best traditional finishers using power, speed & footwork. Don't think we ever saw Uate do what the speedy wingers now are doing on a regular basis though. They're acrobats now with how they can score tries with any inch of room & a leap.

18. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

I think he could do it, I remember watching him through the year & being surprised at how far his skill level has developed, he even kicks goals now.

19. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

He was in reserve grade because he had 2 years of doing nothing but missing tackles and letting players walk past him to score went from the penthouse to the basement in a short period and was never going back to the penthouse whilst here but was still putting his hand out for the cash ....

20. Ethan

Ethan Darren Albert

I have watched Radradra a lot and he has all the skills imo he would make a great f/b let alone centre Yes please to him playing centre here ....