Rumour: Tony Williams to the Knights

Tony Williams at Center is a beast and Aku or Mamo outside him would be fantastic and if we were to play him at center I say buy him . We would probably only pay 1/2 his contract... BUT.... He doesn't like the work rate in the forwards and his game suffers so if were thinking of him as a forward I say forget it

You'd have hope that Brown would straighten him out, but the fact that he's played so soft for 3 years now & Hasler hasn't been able to change that is a bit of a worry. Surely Hasler would have to notice & say something to him in that time, & if so why hasn't he been dropped ever, either that or Des wants him to play less of that forward type role & more of a ball player.

I'm 50/50. When he's not afraid to run hard he can be a damaging player but lately all he does is stop at the line and fends. He was in top form a few years ago, if he can get back to the similar form that got him in the Australian team then he'd be a good signing but that seems really unlikely. As they say though a change of scenery may be what he needs, he's fairly young still for a forward. But if we'd have to pay anything more than say 200k (Tapine's money) then no thanks, give Saifitis and co their shot earlier.

yes yes yes!!!!
Would add some much needed size to our pack and ensure we have quality depth!

8 Snowden
9 Randell
10 Korbin
11 TRex
12 Tariq
13 Smith
14 Levi
15 Rochow
16 Tapine
17 Stockwell
18 Paea
19 Pauli Pauli

No no no!!!
If Hasler one of the best coaches in the game can't get him to perform, he's no hope under Browny.
Man.. Lafai would've been a much better buy from the Doggies.

It's not like he's been awful at the Dogs though, he's just not anything worth what he's getting paid. On a more reasonable contract and away from that Bulldogs star forward pack he could potentially come into his own and be our biggest strike weapon. Which says more about our forward pack than anything.

Lefty, Hasler coached him into the Australian and NSW side. Granted it was a few years ago but there's always hope with lazy players like Williams.

It's not like he's been awful at the Dogs though, he's just not anything worth what he's getting paid. On a more reasonable contract and away from that Bulldogs star forward pack he could potentially come into his own and be our biggest strike weapon. Which says more about our forward pack than anything.

Lefty, Hasler coached him into the Australian and NSW side. Granted it was a few years ago but there's always hope with lazy players like Williams.

You obviously watched him played for the last 3 years.

I'm not saying I want him at the club I'm just saying he hasn't been as awful as he gets made out imo, he's just gone a bit soft and lazy but if we did by chance sign him I'd rather a player who has the size and ability that can get a kick up the *** by a new coach than signing someone with no size who "tries hard"

I'm not saying I want him at the club I'm just saying he hasn't been as awful as he gets made out imo, he's just gone a bit soft and lazy but if we did by chance sign him I'd rather a player who has the size and ability that can get a kick up the *** by a new coach than signing someone with no size or ability but isn't lazy.

He has been awful.
I still remembering him playing halfback for Sunhine Coast. He was quite good, felt sorry for the opposition half lol

You'd have hope that Brown would straighten him out, but the fact that he's played so soft for 3 years now & Hasler hasn't been able to change that is a bit of a worry. Surely Hasler would have to notice & say something to him in that time, & if so why hasn't he been dropped ever, either that or Des wants him to play less of that forward type role & more of a ball player.
He was a beast playing great footy until Hasler got his hands on him and he hasn't been good since .

I don't know how we could afford him unless we get him very cut price, but even if we could get him playing well for short minutes, he would add some punch to our pack.
If we got him somehow, i'd hope for the best from him, but wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

Hasler coached him at Manly for 3 years & was his coach when Williams made the Australian team.
Well Hasler coached him into the Aussie side and then couldn't coach him to play good 1st grade at the dogs so bring him here and get him back into beast mode ...

Another Dave Taylor. A world beater on his day but most of those days are in the past.

Massive potential to match his lazy attitude

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

8 Snowden
9 Randell
10 Stockwell
11 TRex
12 Pauli Pauli
13 Korbin

14 Levi
15 Paea
16 Rochow
17 Mataora

Everyone would have a different combination I guess but I like this one . Personally I would play T Rex at centre but Brown has apparently said he would add size upfront so that's where he is going .... With or without T Rex I like the team that Brown is building .....
I don't expect much out of them this year except that by the end of the year the young guys have some NRL experience and they start to gel and play as a team .
I didn't follow Brown much when he was in England but from all reports he is very good at getting young guys to play to there potential , if this is true then we are in for a massive 2017 -18. We have some large , fit , talented forwards coming through and in the team now and we all know how talented our backs are . If the coaches (and we have some bloody good ones here now )can teach them to attack and defend as a team then we are capable of anything ....

Back