Rumour: Knights looking at Maloney and/or Cronk

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Left Foot, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Cronk is a long shot but his options are dwindling if he wants to keep playing which he said he did and I would give him 1.6 a season for 2 yrs ....
    Nothing pessimistic about it 88 just time to take a stand and say this is what you signed for this is what you play for BUT if you play SOO then we will add a bonus for next season and upgrade a new contract for 2019 and beyond because you are playing good footy ...
    Really at the end of the day you are payed to play your best footy every week and you sign a contract to play your best footy every week for an agreed amount so when you play good footy you are only doing what you agreed to in the first place ....

MisterLevy and Beatell like this.
  2. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

we should be throwing $$$ at Maloney! seems he wants more at sharks. Make it tempting for him to walk out!

88Knight4life likes this.
  3. Aidos

Aidos Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If we need to pay way overs to get James Maloney or Cody Walker, then so be it. All the quality will be taken if we don't act soon

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Farrrrk yes we should,
    I said there was smoke here when the bird deal was going on and there still is smoke.

Offer him 900k asap i say... its big money but he is well worth it!, everywhere hes gone the team has excelled with the right players around him obviously!

Beatell, Lefty and Aidos like this.
  5. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Scott Conley

Unfortunately the reverse is also true. The game Feeney played in first grade last week, was better than any Hodkinson has played in first grade for the Knights.

Hopefully we can get rid of him cleanly.

And people need to forget Graham, he isn't coming here.

When Cronk said he wanted to relocate to Sydney, I think he was either going to retire, or had his sights set on playing in Sydney. My opinion is if there are no Sydney clubs for him, then he retires. I can't see him coming to Newcastle.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

He's under contract, we can't offer him anything.

7. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

There's still some off-contract talent out there, a lot of these guys could offer good value on a 200-300k deal when they can't get a run at their clubs. A couple old experienced guys that could do a job for a year too. Get on it Browny.

1. Alex Johnston
    2. Gideon Gela-Mosby
    3. Will Chambers
    4. Taane Milne
    5. Aaron Gray
    6. Kurt Mann
    7. Cooper Cronk
    8. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
    9. Nathan Peats
    10. Agnatius Paasi
    11. Ryan Hoffman
    12. Alex Glenn
    13. Luke Lewis

14. Paul Carter
    15. Albert Vete
    16. Joe Ofahengaue
    17. Zane Tetevano

Sam Tagataese
    Scott Bolton
    Frank Pritchard
    Brenton Lawrence
    Paterika Vaivai
    Ray Thompson
    Adam Elliot
    Sitaleki Akauola
    Jack Gosiewski
    Kelepi Tanginoa
    Peni Terepo
    Andy Saunders

8. 88Knight4life

Mosby re-signed this week mate.

Franky yes please! Loved him for a decade.... 34 i think next yr? But would offer twice as much as tupou does.

All for Joe Ofahengaue, Patty Vaivai, Zane Tetevano, Adam Elliot, Agnus Paasi, Aaron, Grey, SKD,

Be lucky to get any tho :brickwall:

9. slotmachine

What good is $4m in cap space when every rep player bar Cronk and Fergo is contracted for 2018?

I guess you could add Adam Blair and SKD, ha.

10. 88Knight4life

We will find out.

11. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    Big rumour on tooheys twitter feed is walker released to us and them signing cronk. Makes Broncos team look feasible under the cap if this happens.

Defender1 likes this.
  12. 88Knight4life

I said a few weeks back we should try for Adam Reynolds and let Souths chase cronk... Cody is a lesser deal again... but ill take him.

13. Defender1

Defender1 Timana Tahu

Where'd you see that on his feed? Couldn't find anything.

Matty23 likes this.
  14. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

The difference is that Wests have lost a lot of players and seem keen to sign any firstgrade standard player they can get their hands on, but as far as I can see we have really only made a genuine play for guys like Scott, Bird, Cronk - genuine stars who can improve our roster.

15. 88Knight4life

So we are 3 wins from 37 games.
    Anyone with 25+ nrl games came generally improve our roster "at the minute"

16. Jaybro

Jaybro David Fa'alogo

I predict we could see another 40-50 pages of this thread before we sign a player, it seems we're going to play the waiting game ......

Market watch has reported an 'Out of Sydney Club' are willing to double Jimmy Maloney's wages if he can get out of his deal for next season. Clearly this is us, I wonder how Maloney feels? He's currently on a deal which is half what he is worth, the sharks threw big money to try to keep Bird and when they failed they tempted Josh Dugan to the shire with big money. We've seen guys like Cody Walker and Rossy get upset about their deals not being upgraded and they're not in the same class as Jimmy so I wonder how he feels about the sharks not upgrading his deal ?

Beatell likes this.
  17. slotmachine

So Ross Dawg signed a contract and shouldn't ask for an upgrade, but it's fine for Maloney to try and break his?

The Maloney situation will play out exactly the same as Ross's. Either the Sharks extend him and give an upgrade for 2018, or he signs a big money deal with someone else from 2019 and he plays out 2018 with the Sharks.

88Knight4life likes this.
  18. Beaumont

Beaumont Paul the Chief Harragon

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    Maloney will go to the Broncos.

19. Jaybro

Jaybro David Fa'alogo

I didn't say it was fine by Maloney I just said 'I wonder how he feels' ......

Imo if you sign a small deal that your problem, although Maloney's was signed 3 years ago where Walker and Ross signed less than 12 months ago ....

20. MisterLevy

MisterLevy David Thorne

Surely Maloney can leave if he wants.

It's not like a contract is a contract.

He can just do a Moses