Rumour: Knights looking at Maloney and/or Cronk

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Left Foot, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Kurriboy

Kurriboy David Lomax

I also cant see us getting him. But with watson lamb cogger we should be able to sort something.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

2. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Let's put it in its proper perspective. He will not even consider coming.

3. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Steve Fulmer

Project Manager
    Let's put it into another perspective, UpUp Gummies are looking at Cronk (can't keep them both), Maloney is arguably a genuine Marque on less than Watson and chasing an upgrade, we currently have the money, Maloney is a successful journey man, not adverse to moving /shifting clubs. He is exactly what Knights need- throw everything at him and watch it unfold.

Tasgirl and 88Knight4life like this.
  4. Simon Templar

Project Manager
    Spot on , throw the farm at him

5. Lord of the Skraelings

Lord of the Skraelings Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

modern burlesque dancer
    If Cronk plays on will be at the sharks and we will get Maloney. Very straight forward.

And watching how good Cronk was last Wednesday I would astounded if he pulls the plug, imagine being 40 and knowing you still could have played 2-3 years and didn't.

People rave on about legacy and such but guys still on top and on par to go to another top 4 team, no reason he can't get another premiership.

6. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Souths interested in Maloney too.

7. Simon Templar

Project Manager
    We might have let them have Gagai, but surely we will fight to get a key signing like Maloney.

8. relicorange94

relicorange94 David Lomax

Mai-Wel
    If Souths get Maloney and Gagai, where does this leave Adam Reynolds?

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams John Schuster

It's all IF, IF, IF, but we can hope, Maloney would be great and another big forward or two. No matter who we get or if no one else in halves we still need those forwards. Have been disappointed with ours other tha Safiti boys, see no one that I think we should keep.

10. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Playing halfback.

danknights and packo like this.
  11. Matty23

Matty23 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retail
    The thing with Maloney though, if we get him it'll be him and Watson in the halves you'd think but it could also backfire with us having Lamb and Cogger waiting in the wings who have been told they're our future.

12. nunnsy

nunnsy Ben Rogers

Maloney and Watson should not be the half's pairing in my opinion they are both running five eights, Hodko if he can maintain the form of the last two weeks would be the perfect half's pairing for Maloney. In saying that he was supposed to be the perfect half's pairing for Mullen and that didn't work out as planned.

13. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    They are 19/20.. plenty of halves don't mature enough to reach regular FG until 21-22..

They can learn their trade in reserves, or go to another stronger club to develop their game. It'll benefit them in the long run.

I just don't think we can carry such a young 1,6,7,9 if we want to move forward, and help all players develop.

In 3 years time when Maloney will likely retire, they'd be ready for FG.. If they chose to go to another club in that situation, good luck to them. But theres a lot more at stake here then Lamb/Cogger having their confidence battered. You've got people like Sione and Saifitis twins who bust their rings each week, and are seeing poor game mgmt errors costing us games.

14. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

Lamb & Cogger won't wait 3 years to get a spot, especially not Lamb having already played 20 games & would be starting to see himself as a first-grader. I'm all for signing Watson & Maloney, but if it happens, then we just have to accept that the 2 young ones will be wanting out.

Matty23 likes this.
  15. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams John Schuster

I think we should worry about Lamb and Cogger when and IF we get Maloney and if we get Watson and he secures his spot.
    Lamb and Cogger are with us next year so let's see how they all go especially with a stronger pack, still a couple short up front.
    Sometimes we count our chickens and the eggs ain't been laid yet.

16. danknights

danknights Darren Albert

I call crud on the above saying they aren't ready. Look at mr Nathan Cleary. 19 years old and making a good name for himself. He plays behind a good forward pack. Lamb and cogger would look just as good behind that pack also.

17. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Hopefully Ponga is ready as well :confused:

18. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Watson has to out train Lamb to get the number 6 jersey.
    Lamb is the guy who was so impressive at training as a no game rookie that Brown decided to start the season with him and move Mullen to hooker - so good luck with that Wato.

19. Left Foot

Left Foot Andrew Hodge

Watson just needs to turn up training and will be guaranteed a spot.

20. Jonno

Jonno The 18th Man

Mining Engineer
    What Cleary is doing at Penrith has nothing to do with Lamb/Cogger here.

So far they haven't shown they are the answer to our problems, and yeh a lot of that has to do with the players around them. But if there is one thing we need more then anything it is experience in the spine. There could be the opportunity to get rep quality, grand final winning halves, then we'd be silly not to show an interest.
    Yeh exactly, but we can't afford to wait 3 years in the hope they develop.

If we were buying an average FGer like Mcrone or Robson to play half id be disappointed, even if we bought someone whose been out of the NRL like Carney I'd be against it.

But we've looked at Cronk/Maloney. Who are proven winners over long periods. And in the case of Maloney, across multiple clubs.