Rumour: Knights looking at Maloney and/or Cronk

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Left Foot, Nov 19, 2016.

1. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

Plenty of clubs interested in him.
    Souths are one, Parra as well.. we have to throw the bank at him.

Tasgirl likes this.
  2. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Parra have Norman, Moses and Gutherson why would they be interested in Maloney?

3. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Steve Linnane

Talk for long time has been we need a gun half and 1 or 2 props with plenty of experience and despite signings and possible signings we still need half and props.
    Can't understand why any team would want to buy Cronk for million plus for a season if they have a top half, SOO, that can play for next 3-4 years and is a top line goal kicker. If I was Cronulla I would upgrade Maloney and lock him in for 3 more years after next.

Simon Templar and Wobbles like this.
  4. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

dont rule out Storm (Losing cronk) Warriors (Losing Foran) or ESL either

5. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Scott Carter

Project Manager
    Good points Frank , so why not make a play for both giving us a win- win situation both asking the same money , both of these halves have the ability to steer around any side and make the decisions required in close games which will win more games than lose if in that situation.

Foran is available also , very capable but loads more baggage.

6. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Cronulla Sharks confirm interest in Maroons superstar Cooper Cronk - if he decides to play on

CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI, The Daily Telegraph
    July 11, 2017 8:39pm

THE focus on Cooper Cronk’s next move will go into overdrive after Wednesday night’s Origin decider, regardless if he leads Queensland to glory, and Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan confirmed he will happily discuss having the superstar playmaker in the Shire if he plays on.

And for the first time, Flanagan has conceded if Cronk did end up at the Sharks, it would be tough to stand in the way of James Maloney pursuing a big-money deal at a rival club.

The only way the premiers would be able to seriously entertain Cronk should he extend his NRL career — the smart money remains on him retiring — would be to release his NSW rival Maloney from the final year of his deal.

“I do talk to Cooper’s manager (George Mimis) once a week, but Cooper is Cooper, he won’t make a decision until after Origin, and your guess is as good as mine if he’ll play on or not,’’ Flanagan told The Daily Telegraph.

“There was no way Cooper was going to go back on his word and make a decision before Wednesday night. If he was to play on, we’ll see how we go.

“We have Jimmy who is comfortable at the moment, but if clubs are offering him big money, $1 million to go elsewhere, it will be hard to keep him.

“If it’s true clubs will pay him $1 million, I can’t go there. But he’s on contract with us next year, I’ll stand by that, and I think he’ll stand by that.

“If there’s an option there for us, we’ll see what happens.’’

Already declaring he wants to be in Sydney closer to his Fox Sports presenter partner Tara Rushton, Cronk’s Sydney options appear limited this late in the season.

Maloney has another year to run, but is holding out for more money, and has reportedly had several rivals, including Newcastle and South Sydney, prepared to grant him that wish.

Cronulla would only give thought to releasing him if they had a like-for-like replacement become available like Cronk.

When Cronk first made the April announcement he would quit the Storm at season’s end, Maloney quipped to TV reporters at the time: “Where’s he going?

“Cronulla? S**t, I might be out of a job.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/57a8b1d5b14abbb954834c7f97d9e4bc

7. Joey1245

Joey1245 Kade Snowden

I don't see Aidan seizer making the change that we need in the club if we weren't to get Maloney I would prefer to keep what we have

MisterLevy and Frank McWilliams like this.
  8. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Matthew Johns

U watch the domino's fall

Cronk to sharks, Maloney to Canberra, Sezer to us.

packo likes this.
  9. Anthony01

Anthony01 Michael Reid

Another one from your source?

10. Joey1245

Joey1245 Kade Snowden

Maloney to force out Blake Austin?? Nah don't think so

11. nunnsy

nunnsy Steve Fulmer

I prefer cronk signs with sharks, sharks release Maloney to us, cronk backflips and decides to sign with Newcastle and we have cronk and Maloney in the half's. Ha ha

MisterLevy, Ethan, EASBay17 and 2 others like this.
  12. Tasgirl

Tasgirl Tasgirl

Hippie.

Oh c'mon 88.....enough with the cynical negativity.:cheer:

13. Ven

Ven Tea Ropati

love your thinking :lol:

MisterLevy likes this.
  14. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Seen that Buzz said we have offered Maloney almost double what he is on at Sharks and a 3 yr contract if he can get a release from sharks!

daverene and 88Knight4life like this.
  15. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If we don't get Maloney or Graham I think we'll see three more forwards better than Lawrence.

16. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If we get Moloney or Cronk - top 8.
    If we don't, it will take half a season for the young spine to get it together, and we might sneak into the 8 towards the end of the year if we are lucky.

17. Joel

Joel Touche...

If we manage to snag Graham, Latu and Maloney on top of what we are getting you'd have to think we'd suddenly turn into a genuine top 8 team.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  18. rhugh89

rhugh89 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

19. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

I notice all the pundits who are putting up possible Knights teams for next year have Maloney and Watson in the halves.
    I've been thinking we are a very small chance to get this guy, but it looks like a lot of people are giving us a big chance.
    To me, he would be the best signing.
    I also notice Hodko is saying he is staying.
    In my opinion a Hodko/Maloney halves pair would be the benchmark next year, and all the young guys will have to aim up to get a run.

20. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Steve Linnane

Not confident we will get Maloney, I wish that we do, to many things have to happen in all the right sequences for it to happen.
    Seems like we have Watson, that is a plus, Hodko looks like staying so will most likely be Hodko/Watson with Lamb, Cogger and Pythian in wings. So if Watson fires we are better than this year, if not Hodko/Lamb same as this year.
    IMO, if we get Maloney then Hodko will leave, writing on the wall.