Rumour: Knights looking at Maloney and/or Cronk

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Left Foot, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Left Foot

Left Foot Brett Kimmorley

Why would Chambers sign with us?
    Sign with wooden spooners or run off Cronk for the rest of your career?
    It's not hes getting peanuts at Melbourne anyway.

2. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

They have to catch him first.

Slater is only 88 kilo, Ponga is listed at 82 and could easily put 6 kilo on over a pre-seaon.

Moses
    Keary
    Wallace
    Maloney
    Reyolds

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Tony Butterfield

Have to catch him first... Remember Alex Glenn snapping Mamo in half?

I'm stoked we signed him but I'm also happy to see him sit in NQ for another yr growing and learning as he will be hot and cold for a couple of yr here as is.

- - - Updated - - -

It was reported when he did the NFL tour that he was 182cm 97kg or about the same as Sione was during 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

11yrs ago and I'd say the 88kg was dribble anyway! Considering in 2008 he hit 116kg

4. 88Knight4life

Omfg.
    Did some of u ever play the game at all?

Honestly there is more to a game then a single player.
    Fyi as much as i love joey as a player the game today the speed of it the power is it is a totally different game to what joey dominated in... in other words i dont think joey would be as great today as he was in the early 2000s

Thats do a poll.... name 2 current 7s that u would pick for nsw over pearce.

Atm imo the best 7s in the game are
    Jt qld
    Cronk qld
    SJ nz
    Pearce nsw
    Hunt qld
    Cherry qld
    Hodko nsw

5. Aidos

Aidos Jarrod Mullen

[​IMG]

6. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

I'll name 4 that would do better.

Adam Reynolds ( given the feast of chances Pearce has had he deserves another go )
    Nathan Cleary ( even now with limited experience is a better half and is the future )
    Hodko ( He won with limited selection , something Pearce has never done with more goes at NSW half than Sterling )
    Maloney ( I'd throw him at half before Pearce )

If Joey was conditioned in the modern game he would still be a standout player.

- - - Updated - - -

88Knight4life is Cowboys man :lol:

7. Aidos

Aidos Jarrod Mullen

Even Maloney's done more in 1 Origin game than Pearce has done his whole rep career.

8. Tim

Tim David Fa'alogo

Totally agree. Decent NRL player when the teams dominating. Rubbish when on the back foot or in a big game. He's the most capped NSW half back and I'd say he's the worst we've had. How many times do we let him fail before we call it off? Try Reynolds, Hodko, Maloney.. In fact any NRL half back eligible would play no worse than what Pearce repeatedly churned out for us. Has he done anything ever for NSW?

9. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

Lmao, 88

Johns would win games on his own as a matter of routine

I can tell you, the one thing he was able to do that very, very few halves have ever had the ability to do, is to set up an entire set to climax on the last play of the set. And he would do it constantly all game. And it had nothing to do with coaching, it was all him

JT often does the same thing. But no where near as often or as well. And Cooper Cronk seems to do it, albeit with the help of Smith and perhaps a coaching regiment

Joey was constantly directing players to prepare for plays sometimes two and three tackles ahead. And it wasn't a coincidence that he'd be able to isolate his winger and score with a kick in the corner, or that his grubbers always had chasers, or that he would often barge over the line in the middle third because the defense was stretched and in two minds--none of that stuff happened by accident

This is why he is labelled as the best ever. Because every great judge of the game was able to see what he was doing. And he was really the first to do it, and really the only guy to do it so naturally and so effectively every game

You better believe it, if he was playing origin today QLD wouldn't have won half of those series. The bloke was from somewhere else

10. cowboyman

cowboyman Adam Woolnough

Hospitality
    So because Hodko was lucky enough to ride the coat tails of Hayne at his best he is better than Pearce? Right...

Everyone with any common sense would know Hayne won that series not Hodko and that any competent half including Pearce could of been in that side with the results still being the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Any decent half before and after can set teams up like Joey did obviously just not as consistently. That's why they get the big money and plaudits when they win. It's called reading the game. Joey didn't create that.

JT was setting the Broncos up all game in the GF with short balls to Cooper all night. Finally goes one wider to Linnet in a whole that a truck could go through but he spills it.

11. packo

packo :) (:

Government
    You're such a condensing person. You're one of the reasons I stopped posting here. I always have to laugh when you refer to how you use to play the game. I feel like you have insecurities or you make up half the dribble you post here.

12. 88Knight4life

Could we not chase Maloney instead? Twice the player Bird is and highly underrated.
    700k would land Maloney and 900k mite get Bird :confused:

Tasgirl and Kenny Powers like this.
  13. danknights

danknights Clint Newton

I personally would like Maloney here. Just to give the younger halves a little more time. Maloney is the kinda bloke you want to play with!

14. mullenmagic

mullenmagic Clinton O'Brien

15. Hunterstelvis

Hunterstelvis Banned

16. 88Knight4life

No he really wasnt!!

Fifita was clearly the best on ground followed by Maloney followed by lewis followed by bird.

Media dribble about prior due to his manager knowing someone and being contract time.

Kenny Powers likes this.
  17. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

No Prior and Fifita dominated the middle when on the field. Maloney was average and doesn't deserve a mention. Lewis was decent but not a patch on Prior.

18. Ethan

Ethan Clint Newton

Haha no worries ....I was just listening to MMM and they said there is a whisper ( they stressed nothing positive yet ) that we may be after James Maloney and that the offer we have made Bird is substantially higher than what cronulla have offered so far and that Bird wants to play F/B and as the sharks have paid Holmes as a f/b they cant do the same with Bird ....So as far as I can see Bird will stay and play 5/8 and Maloney will go or Bird will go and Maloney stays so we may get a shot at either of them and the guys at mmm reckon Maloney was the driving force behind the sharks winning the comp...Personally I would get rid of Hodko after watching him limp around for 5 min last week and put Lamb to 7 or Pythian in 2018 imo he is an untapped talent ....

19. Kenny Powers

Kenny Powers Banned

Only issue with Maloney is his age

31 now?

20. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    I would welcome Maloney 100%, very underrated player, if you look into his career warriors were very good when he was with them, plus roosters and sharks, perfect experienced player to bring lamb on after 2 years