Rumour: Knights chasing Troy Dargan

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by mattam10, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Jaybro

Jaybro Keith Beauchamp

Brown & Moons are hoping so !!!!!

This aint last season there won't be as much movement I don't think, Dogs have sorted their cap out now we're banking on Manly players wanting out after Barrett walks

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Now I'm not saying Dargan is going to do what Ponga has coming in to grade, but weren't ponga's stats fairly average in lower grades prior to making NRL?

Who knows how Dargan is going to turn out but if smarter judges than us reckon he is a talent we have to go with that. If we sign him just have to hope he turns out but with all junior players it is a roll of the dice.

Defender1 and packo like this.
  3. Billy

Billy Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Ponga made the NYC team of the year as a 17/18 year old and a 18/19 year old, and if he were playing in our under 20s this year, he'd make the team of the year as a 19/20 year old too.

4. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    His stats weren’t deserving of it however. Definitely made team of the year due to his reputation.

5. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Naw thats cute

6. Joel

Joel Touche...

I trust the judgement of Mooney, he wouldn't of made U20's Origin for NSW for being shyte.

member 2299 likes this.
  7. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If Pearce goes down next year we're screwed, so I'm not really sure the backup half situation is that important.

Cogger and Lamb have a better pedigree in terms of junior reps than anyone we might bring in, and we saw how that worked out.

8. member 2299

member 2299 Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Retired
    Cogger and Lamb pedigrees?

Seriously slots my Corgi (pictured) has a longer and more notable pedigree, Australian Champion and her Grandad All American Champion!

Joel likes this.
  9. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

We are hearing Brisbane’s former Australian Schoolboys halfback Troy Dargan is a player on the radar following the mid-week signing of Warriors playmaker Mason Lino but Brown is yet to meet the 20-year-old.

The interest in Dargan may explain why Bulldogs halfback Matt Frawley, who previously met with the club, is no longer in the frame.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...-on-the-knights-recruitment-hit-list/?cs=7580

10. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Not sure this is right ...I reckon young Lino is a talent and coming here to push for a 1st grade spot and Dargan would not have been picked to play for NSW U20's if he wasn't playing good footy .
    What if 7 of the 10 missed tackles in that game were from him Kicking and chasing or just chasing a kick , first man there missed the tackle but stopped the guy long enough for his teammates to get there .
    3 of those 7 times the ball was dislodged
    2 of those 3 times Dargan's team scored because of the lose ball
    Stats for you lol

Wobbles likes this.
  11. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

From Toohey's News
    Dargan likely
    He is not the Brisbane Broncos player most Knights fans have been praying the club signs but at this stage, he may have to do.

Young halfback Troy Dargan has been on the Knights radar for some time and we’re told there is every chance he will be handed an opportunity if a more experienced playmaker does not suddenly come onto the market.

Dargan’s potential signing would mean he and Warriors playmaker Mason Lino would effectively be the departed Brock Lamb and Jack Cogger’s replacements.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/...ing-a-big-pay-day-to-stay-at-knights/?cs=7580