Rumour: Knights chasing Dylan Napa

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Lefty

Lefty Jason Martin

I hope we sign Napa, we need an enforcer and he may be the only one we can get.

Hopefully he would be happier at the Knights, like Pearce is and perform more consistently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

We need that kind of punishment in the middle, if Brown is going to put Yates in reggies due to his size, we need someone to fill that niche, but also has the size.

Napa is the enforcer we need.

Add to Napa a good strong power forward and we have the pack that can drive us to a GF.

3. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

If our pack for 2019 was

8 Ese'ese
    9 Griffin
    10 Napa
    11 Fitzgibbon
    12 Guerra
    13 Glasby

14 Levi/Buhrer
    15 Barnett
    16 D Saifiti
    17 J Saifiti

Id feel we would win most battles in the middle

Id bring Barnett on when Napa comes off to keep some aggression in the middle and shift Glasby to prop until Ese goes off and than bring the twins on together with Barnett at lock for that 10-15 either side of the half.

Barnetts profile says he's 187cm 104kg
    If he could put another 4kg on id think the aggressive way he attacks in D would probably work better for him, its not a big amount of weight but it would be plenty in strength but still keep him mobile enough for a flat out 15-20 minute burst either side of the half.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    Lefty likes this.
  4. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 James Goulding

If my mate whose best mate is best mates with browns brother (wrap your head around that) is giving me the right info, Napa will be here in 2019. Same bloke who told me personally that brown said before the season started that Kayln ponga was the best ‘footballer’ he’s ever seen. Also told me while everyone including media were saying Watson was done to the tigers that he’d signed with us months ago.
    Extremely trusted source so I believe Napa will be a knight next year

Lefty and packo like this.
  5. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

He is the type we want and need, not many of that type available, hope the mate of a mate of a mate etc is right

6. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    I’m sure there would be noise ie toohey mentioning napa If we already had him for next year? Not a signing you keep in dark from sponsors and fans

7. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

No cooling off period now anyway so no need to keep it quiet. I'm sure the club would announce it as soon as it is signed.

8. Lockwire211

Lockwire211 Steve Walters

I just checked zerotackle and it doesn’t say he is off contract. This could be why there is no announcement as he would need to be released first. Correct me if I am wrong.

9. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Robbie O'Davis

Project Manager
    While aggression is good it needs to be contained, it could have all gone bad for Dylan after yesterday’s little “ head explosion “ where he got in a bit of strife.

10. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Pretty sure a guy thats reached the highest level of league knows he's limits.

11. Simon Templar

Project Manager
    88’ If your referring to Dylan , I think you are mistaken he is still growing into his role and is renowned for his “ brain snaps “ .

On another note, the trouble with the current NRL interpretations is that “hard men “ are frowned upon and the refs make sure they are hobbled each time they take the field , thanks mainly to the preconceived notion of intent on their “ cheat sheets”.

Tasgirl likes this.
  12. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 James Goulding

He’s contracted to the roosters next year mate, so not in best interest of either club to be explaining the situation mid season. He will be here next year. Just leave it at that

ASJ82 likes this.
  13. krustykraz

krustykraz Steve Linnane

If its true, this doesnt look too bad;
    8 Napa
    9 Griffen
    10 Glasby
    11 Fitz
    12 Guerra
    13 Ese

14 Levi
    15 Barnet
    16 D.Saifiti
    17 J.Saifiti/Yates/King/Saulo/new signing

Just need a big bad winger and centre

14. Ljackson

Ljackson Adrian Bubb

Jesse Ramien & Moga will be our centres with SKD and Sione on the wings.

15. krustykraz

krustykraz Steve Linnane

None of our outside backs have been lighting the world on fire this year. Ramien looks the goods so far.
    Competition for spots would be great.

16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Todd Bates

I assume you are referring to the tackle that ended up with Simms getting a broken jaw.

Really, there was nothing in it, it was a complete accident. You see tackles exactly like that all the time, the difference is the ball runner doesn't change directions right at the point of contact.

Is it careless? Reckless? Are we going to charge people at the judish for an accidental knee, or head clash in tackles on the opposition players?

Bennett can sook all he likes, it was not intentional. It was an accident.

17. Simon Templar

Project Manager
    Kuriboy, I also agree nothing in it - Sims shifts late after Nappa was set for collision , but it does highlight how when you sail close to the edge things can easily go wrong for you, your team and even the recipient.

My point is that while “Hard men “ are part of the spectacle of the game , the game managers are hellbent on the “ hand bags at 10 paces “ approach to encourage kids and more specifically Mums to let them play, so the real tough stuff will be stamped out and the emphasis will shift from aggressive firebrands to the professional tradesman who have high work rate less sensationalism.

18. Wobbles

Wobbles Mike McLean

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
  19. packo

packo :) (:

Government
  20. Wobbles

Wobbles Mike McLean

Can't wait to see how the Bennett/Bellamy saga plays out, should provide a level of satisfaction and entertainment factor watching Benny's meltdowns