Rumour: Knights chasing Dylan Napa

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Apart from dragons yes

2. Knighted

Knighted Jake Mamo

Engineer
    Cowboys ? Dogs aren't too bad either...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. slotmachine

slotmachine Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Cowboys laugh at every other pack.

4. Thornborough92

Thornborough92 Steve Fulmer

On the Napa front, i have heard from a source close to nathan brown that Dylan is extremely keen to be here next season. but because the roosters have let go of Kane Evans to the eels they are very reluctant to release him. But he will be here by 2019 at the very latest.

Also heard from the same source (very...very close to brown) that browny has said Kayln Ponga is the most talented footballer he has ever seen and is doing things he's never seen on the training paddock.

packo, Lefty and slotmachine like this.
  5. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    Said before and after Ponga signing he has the potential to be the best player in 2-3 years time.

Just gotta become better then big Taumalolo now haha.

Also needs to add some bulk to his frame otherwise he will be ragdoled. Size will come in time though.

Defender1 likes this.
  6. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Matt White

Project Manager
    Napa is NO chance of getting a release this year, but I f he has another “no show “ episode like the Prelim final no one would want him - he has 12 months to redeem him self

7. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Clint Newton

We don't need Napa this year, actually the team is looking very strong especially if Sione and Watson cover centre but a new centre would be good.
    Some of our signings will only be with us for 2018, Hodko, Heighinton as well as players that won't cut it.
    Napa could be a very handy pickup for 2019 especially if he doesn't go MIA during 2018.

8. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

Watson to centre and Lamb to 5/8 and yes please to Napa

9. josh2010

josh2010 Up The Knights!!!!! Staff Member Moderator

Watson wont be center can just about guarantee that

EASBay17 likes this.
  10. kurtsux

kurtsux Rod Whitaker

Brown confirmed in a pressed today that Watson will have the 6 jumper from Rnd 1 and to lose next year. Looks like Sione will be in the 3 jumper unless they find someone better. Saw a snippet of video showing Sione sprinting with the outside backs :shrug:

Tasgirl, member 2299 and slotmachine like this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan Timana Tahu

If Watson doesn't hit his straps at 5/8 he could be an option at centre but Sione is more likely id have to agree ...But from what ive read Brown still seems to want him in the forwards and that would give Watson a chance at centre and lamb 5/8 if Watson doesn't blitz it ...

12. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

Don’t know why everyone keeps suggesting Watson at centre. I’m not seeing it. His best position is somewhere along the spine and Brown will give him every opportunity at five-eighth (though I’d prefer Lamb).

Sione is definitely an option at centre as we have an overload of backrowers. Think he needs to work on his lateral quickness though being more isolated on the fringe.

I’d give Ross a long look at centre. Played a couple games not last year but the year prior I’m sure. Had big games too. Was surprised when Brown went away from that. I think he could be the best candidate to play opposite Moga and have Sio and SKD on the wing. Sio doesn’t seem to be a favourite on this board, but I thought he was solid/safe last year. I don’t mind him.

LEVR likes this.
  13. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Darren Albert

Ross tends to come in to centre a few times per game anyway.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

14. LEVR

LEVR Banned

Yea Ross has always been super impressive at centre. I think a player of his ability (ball in hand) seems to look better the earlier they get the ball

15. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

16. Lockwire211

Lockwire211 Nathan Ross

So according to the lurker, Dylan Napa wants to come play with his friends.
    After the effort over the weekend and towards the end of last year I don't really want him.
    Thoughts?

Napa has eyes on Newcastle

Dylan Napa is telling team-mates at the Sydney Roosters he wants out - to join Nathan Brown’s Newcastle steam-train.

Napa isn’t happy at the Roosters and made little impact in the shock loss to the Tigers on Saturday, making just 71 metres from nine runs coming off the bench.

Napa is close mates with Mitchell Pearce, Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Aiden Guerra, who quit the Roosters over the summer to join the Knights.

I’m hearing the Roosters won’t let Napa go - but will be asking him to produce more on the field and get himself back in a good frame of mind and stop kicking stones.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...l-touchness/84xf1tfcwejn15vxjscyux28j/slide/2

17. cowboyman

cowboyman Steve Simpson

Hospitality
    I've said it all along he is not very good at all and would be a waste of money.

You have got lots of room to move in the cap but I just don't see any worth or value in signing him. Goes missing big time in big games.

Aidos likes this.
  18. BargeArse

BargeArse Robbie McCormack

Depends on the money. I like Napa. Big body, only 25, an enforcer defensively, but he needs to improve in attack. More touches and better go forward. Can’t just excel in 50% of the game and expect to be paid like a top tier front rower.

19. Beaumont

Beaumont Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Muscle checking and manipulation of greyhounds.
    I don't care how poor an athlete's form is if they're not right between the ears you can forget about maximum performance.

20. krustykraz

krustykraz Scott Conley

He hasnt done anything worth singing him in ladt years finsl serries or round 1 this year.
    If Roosters pay part of his salary thats another story.