Rumour: Knights chasing Dylan Napa

Discussion in 'Knights Signings, Rumours & Player Movement' started by Kurriboy, Nov 27, 2017.

1. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Stats don’t mean everything. Cordner made most metres of any forward and yet he was one of the least effective forwards on ground. Similar to Napa. Similar to Woods. Could make 150m and 40 tackles yet other players wouldn’t feel it. Just soft.

2. Chief Longhorn

Chief Longhorn John Schuster

Cordner did a lot of grunt work, very tough and very effective!

Edogmilly likes this.
  3. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Cordner was the least effective NSW forward. Sure he did the one out hitups but they had no impact at the line and he was easily handled. Most modern day wings/centres get more metres coming from your own end then what he was producing.

4. 88Knight4life

88Knight4life Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus

Think your being a bit harsh tbh.

5. Knightsobsessed

Knightsobsessed Scott Carter

May be Cowboys trolling

6. BargeArse

BargeArse Willie Mason

I agree that stats don’t mean everything. With how big fantasy football is nowadays, I feel like the uneducated tend to live in that world and rely on those numbers when it comes to judging players.

“If they’re scoring high, they must be good!”

In saying that: 80 minutes, 21 hitups, 156 metres and 32 tackles is nothing to scoff at, especially at Origin level. He wasn’t overly impactful, but I thought his efforts positively influenced the game for us. Had a solid captains knock I thought.

7. 88Knight4life

Well as a stats man, i can 1000% tell you i dont have a super coach in any comp.

Yes stats dont tell the whole story, they still provide plenty for coaches, media, fans, to judge a player off.

You cant watch 34 player per game in full focus of what they are doing.

So stats do provide a in site to a degree of what play x did tonight and whst player y did.

When players have 6 good week the media jump on him.

When a player has 3 good years than 4 average weeks the media jump on him.

Us the fans either follow like a pack of dump crunt sheep or see our own view and stick to it even when player x has a good month of footy or bad month.

8. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    Yep because trolling about Cordner on a knights forum makes sense? Didn’t think that through did you?..

9. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

So what has Cordner got to do with Napa, isn't this about do we or don't we want or need him, Cordner don't come in to it.
    I don't care about his SOO game just know he would improve our side and give us an edge we lack, up to our coaching staff to get that out of him

Lockwire211 likes this.
  10. The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd

The Artist Formerly Known as Aku'd John Schuster

Asset Manager
    Don’t be so emotional Claire. Just take a deep breath.

Joey1245 and Knightsobsessed like this.
  11. mozza

mozza Game on broheim

Cordner has definitely regressed over the last 18 months without a doubt. It’s no fault of his own his knees are pretty shot and it’s had an affect on his game.

He’s abit slower and is not hitting holes as well as he was a couple of years ago. He’s also missing tackles that he wouldn’t have previously missed.

It’s the same as JWH he was the best prop running around pre doing his ACL in 2015 and now he’s not in the top 10.

Cordner has become a different type of player as a result. On form he probably shouldn’t have been picked but I thought he played quite well. He seems to be the whipping boy with Farah, Pearce and Woods out of the picture (not saying these 3 didn’t deserve the criticism because they certainly did at times) but that’s a good thing for NSW. I said the other day that if Cordner is one of your weaker players you’ve got a bloody good side.

12. cowboyman

cowboyman Mark Hughes

Hospitality
    I’ve got better things to worry about in life then being emotional on a forum don’t you worry about that lol.

13. ASJ82

ASJ82 Todd Bates

Mech Fitter
    How long is Napa contracted for? Would be a good pick up

14. krustykraz

krustykraz Paul Marquet

Roosters have him contracted till the end of next year.

15. Ethan

Ethan Mark Hughes

Do we need Napa , well except for Ese,ese he is an upgrade on anyone else we have and he has an aggressive streak which no one in our props has …
    IMO if we can get him do it we need a couple of big aggressive Props and at his best this guy is devastating and as I said before I think he isn't happy ay the chooks because of the way they treated his mate Pearce ….

Lefty likes this.
  16. Kurriboy

Kurriboy Clint Newton

Yes, we need Napa. Or a few props with that aggression to bash our way to dominating the forwards battle.

17. Frank McWilliams

Frank McWilliams Todd Bates

Napa would be good and his aggression may be contagious and fire up the others, if that were the case with Glasby coming and those we have might be enough or at least allow us to sit back and be a bit choosy

Lefty likes this.
  18. 88Knight4life

Currently we have

Ese'ese - top middle player that we would be stuffed without atm.

D Saifiti - when fit can be right up the top of elite props with plenty of improvement in him.

J Saifiti - injury after injury has slowed he's progress though he was starting to show some aggression and use that frame of his which is very promising when he gets back on the field.

Glasby - super reliable player with plenty to offer our club going into the next stage of our rebuild.

Saulo - has the size and skill to be a nrl prop, still has plenty to learn before getting a spot in firsts.

King - has great power and can put a hit on! Needs to go up a gear though or he mite be left behind by 2019.

Felise - hoping to gain a 2019 contract which should be more than enough for him to go flat out and get that contract.

If we got someone like Napa our team would instantly be more feared in the middle! IMO he would take the team by the balls and be a massive influence on the forwards.

Frank McWilliams and Lefty like this.
  19. BargeArse

BargeArse Willie Mason

Could do worse than Ese’ese, Glasby and Napa as your 3 starting middles.

20. Joshhh

Joshhh OnARampageFuelledByGod

This must be the longest thread ever talking about a player that hasn't really been linked to us in the media I think, since he last came off-contract, which was a few years ago now.