Official: Knights sign Connor Watson on a 3 year deal

When Brown is asked directly he throws up red herrings about him having to be released etc, but that would be because it isn't his place to announce signings in the middle of press conferences about games.
I think it's now one of those "worst kept secret" things.

Yeah to me it sounded like that too. That said, it felt like the Tigers were in the box seat to get him and other people I knew were talking about him in the Tigers lineup as if he was there.
So based off what's happened I imagine we upped our offer a bit and he was happy to take a bit less?

From what I gather he's agreed to terms but we're waiting on the Roosters to sign off on a release. Nathan Ryan said the Roosters planned to do so sometime this weekend and to expect an official announcement during the week. Anthony Minichiello confirmed it and was openly talking about it on Fox the other night so it's safe to assume it's happening.

So based off what's happened I imagine we upped our offer a bit and he was happy to take a bit less?

Yeah tigers were at 600k we were 350k. We came up to 500k and the deal was done.

Always good to have players signing for less. Rossdawg left money on the table and I imagine the saifitis will too

Should I be Trent Robinson no way would I be letting him loose. Great prospect at any of the spine positions 1 - 6 - 7 - 9.

Should I be Trent Robinson no way would I be letting him loose. Great prospect at any of the spine positions 1 - 6 - 7 - 9.
I'm not sure he has a choice, there's a couple of quality halves in Keary and Pearce ahead of Watson. Jake Friend should play for QLD once Smith retires...and as a good as Watson looks, I'm not sure any coach would pass up on Tedesco over Watson. It's the kind of situation that as a Knights supporter that we can only dream of being in.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'm not sure he has a choice, there's a couple of quality halves in Keary and Pearce ahead of Watson. Jake Friend should play for QLD once Smith retires...and as a good as Watson looks, I'm not sure any coach would pass up on Tedesco over Watson. It's the kind of situation that as a Knights supporter that we can only dream of being in.

If he really wanted to, he could force Watson to see out the contract & play as a 14. Most coaches are nice enough though to let a guy go for a better opportunity elsewhere.

If he really wanted to, he could force Watson to see out the contract & play as a 14. Most coaches are nice enough though to let a guy go for a better opportunity elsewhere.
True, however Mitch Moses is an example of how that can bite a Coach in the... Also people remember how they are treated, so if Watson were ever to come back around again he will probably hold that against the Roosters. Especially if they think he's got significant potential.

I was calm through that entire process. You just get tired of seeing stuff like that. People break as you know..... All good though. Life goes on.

Yeah tigers were at 600k we were 350k. We came up to 500k and the deal was done.

Always good to have players signing for less. Rossdawg left money on the table and I imagine the saifitis will too

I sure hope Rossdawg did, I don't mind the Saifiti's getting something modest and even better at the backend cause if we don't another team may,

With Kosjacyn to announce retirement , it potentially opens another starting spine spot for Watson , so we can chase Maloney with a clear conscience - Maloney is a game changer for any club , but will be twice as valuable to Knights line up

I don't mind the Saifiti's getting something modest and even better at the backend cause if we don't another team may,

RA- Saifitis are currently reasonable " metre eaters" but they seem to lack another diamension, maybe it is their body shape maybe it is their approach to the D line , it would be nice to see if they can get their body through the line and cause doubt.

RA- Saifitis are currently reasonable " metre eaters" but they seem to lack another diamension, maybe it is their body shape maybe it is their approach to the D line , it would be nice to see if they can get their body through the line and cause doubt.
I think D safiti is developing nicely he has had 3 linebreaks this season, and 12 offloads I still don't think he knows how good he is our how good he can be. J safiti is a bit of a odd one he seems to have all the same qualitys as his brother just doesn't put it together consistently maybe his injury he picked up has been troubling him for a while. I really have massive hope for Dan I really think he can be one of the great props of the game.

Yeah I am hoping they continue to improve as well, but ideally at some point start negotiations through the middle to later of next season.

Watson is surely on less money at roosters than either us or Wests offered so his coach would see his chance to go forward finance wise by letting him go so I am assuming it will happen.

Back